It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody here love te internet but feel like it has too much evil on it that could lead you to sin? I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Im talking to mostl christians here. I like having the internet, but man does it have alot of sin on it.

is it worth it?

sorryif this sounds lke a stupid tpic.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am christian. I think sin is just about everywhere these days including the interenet. I think what the internet provides is more access to things that we may not have been able to see, like inappropiate pictures, words etc. You can always obtain software to better control what is accessed on the net but even that is not complete. Like in most our lives, learning to exercise restraint from sin is a constant battle, even on the net.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thats exactly what it is, the ability to see more sin that we couldn't haveseen before.

And I think that if i becomes too much of aburden on the soul and itgets you into sin than I don't think
t would beworth it to have.

But yea, it definitely is a constant battle especially with the internet.

thanks for yor input.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
lol, the internet has alot more issues than just sin, but thats definately a big one for those concerned with it. A few other issues to think about that the internet has caused or at least helped is addiction, social alienation, new crime trends, new avenues of stress, etc. People kill themselves over online games (Everquest anyone?) get arrested for creating viruses to attack computers (Blaster, Agobot/Phatbot) and then you have the slightly distrubing trend of online dating, which I wont even tackle as a topic.

It really is a double sided sword, on one hand you have great potential for information of all kinds, and the flip side is that dark corner where things go on most of us would rather avoid as we would a dark alley in real life. Its got a little something of both good and evil for everyone on the planet I think, its just a matter of avoiding those darker corners.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
It really is a double sided sword, on one hand you have great potential for information of all kinds, and the flip side is that dark corner where things go on most of us would rather avoid as we would a dark alley in real life. Its got a little something of both good and evil for everyone on the planet I think, its just a matter of avoiding those darker corners.

Well, most things have the potential for good and bad. TV can have the potential for information of all kinds, aswell as good entertainment, and the flip side is that its all sex, drugs and violence.

Books also have the potential for great knowledge, but on the flip side can also have concepts that are "sinful" or are used to spread hate, or are just stupid. Books like the Anarchists Cookbook tell you how to blow up bridges.

Everything can be a double sided sword, and like AlternateHeaven said, you should, if you want, use your best judgement about how you would like to use that sword. Good or Evil?? Jedi or Sith?? Blue Lightsaber or Red Lightsaber??

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here we go, once again, looking for a scapegoat to blame our bad behavior on.

The Devil must be on vacation.

"The Internet made me do it."

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well there certainly is alot of evil that you can come across on the net, more so than your local library , Of course the internet is different because there aren't really any censors as of now(hopefully their never will be)It's not like tv where if we get a shot at janet jackson's nipple , all the parents can cry bloody murder and put pressure on the FCC and in turn put even more pressure on the Networks. Of course I hope that People take this knowledge and actually make an individual choice on if they want it in their homes, block certain sites, Actaully watch what their children on doing on the web , as opposed to starting an FCC type org for the net. Then it will just go to crap.

top topics

join