It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTEL Corp. - 7 BILLION DOLLAR Mega Investment In Arizona Thanks to President Trump.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes, there is a growth in demand for their chips. Why? The economy has improved under Obama, there is more spending in America which creates the demand for electronic goods here in the US. Simple.

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Trump.

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Funny, I don't see the economy mentioned in any of the articles.

From everything I've read it was a move made by Intel and their new market in smaller devices.

Does the fact that he made this announcement from the oval office resonate at all?

edit on 9-2-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Actually, here is a much more comprehensive article.

www.usatoday.com...

From your link:
"SAN FRANCISCO — Intel CEO Brian Kraznich stood next to President Trump in the Oval Office Wednesday to announce that the chip maker would spend $7 billion to complete a mothballed plant in Chandler, Ariz.."

I see some are suggesting that the CEO of INTEL was in President Trump's office to make the announcement, because President Obama made it possible. Well..that's impossible, because President Obama used to tell Business Owners that they are not the ones who built their company. Some government fairy did it for them.*

*www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Citation needed.

Simple...right?

Is there more demand for their chips or did they take on more contracts?

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Trump.

Except the fact that this statement was made from the oval office...right?
edit on 9-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Does the fact that he made this announcement from the oval office resonate at all?

Yeah, it seems fishy as hell.

Pregnant woman gives birth with her boyfriend of three weeks at her side. "Look, Donny, he has your eyes."

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I'm not convinced one way or another that a POTUS had any hand in this. However, Intel sure wanted the optics of having this announcement in the oval office and with Trump.

Where does America get it's gold/silver/platinum/copper from?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

However, Intel sure wanted the optics of having this announcement in the oval office and with Trump.

Intel is smarter than a growing number of New England Patriot Super Bowl players. They may regret their decision to NOT be seen in the Oval Office with one of America's greatest Presidents.

""Six and counting.

That’s the number of Patriots players who have publicly said they will not attend a customary White House trip to celebrate their Super Bowl 51 victory.

Defensive lineman Alan Branch, during a Wednesday interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio,became the latest Patriot to say he wouldn’t be going. While three other players —tight end Martellus Bennett, running back LeGarrette Blount and safety Devin McCourty — said their decision stemmed from dissatisfaction with the politics of President Donald Trump.""

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Doesn't bother me a bit. They are free to do as they wish and support any politician they wish public or private. It's the same with Hollywood. It may make them feel good now but someday may cost them work.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, I wouldn't have believed they would be doing this. Other than a few larger manufacturers in California, there aren't many large companies that do that here in America anymore. Almost everything comes from China.

Well when Literally 90+% Of all rare earth metals required to make the components are mined in china, it does give the chinese the political muscle to bring the manufacturing. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Honestly I'm surprised there hasn't been more celebrities that see how the wind is blowing, and chose to accept the ire of their peers in exchange for coming out of the other side of this storm smelling like roses.

I mean seriously, no matter how you look at it, Trump is president, that took a lot of support, or at least distaste for the other option. With so many celebrities snubbing these people, it makes them ripe to become large numbers of loyal lifetime fans to those who choose to do the opposite. That's serious star power with a giant chunk of the populace.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

For years the Obama admin has run buisness's to the ground,or out of the country with their taxes and regulations,and slowly turning industry's over to their buddy's big corporations,Trump is opening the playing field,money goes back into the US not off shore banks,we need to rebuild,because soon we will be a 3rd world country when we default on debt's too insurmountable

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, I wouldn't have believed they would be doing this. Other than a few larger manufacturers in California, there aren't many large companies that do that here in America anymore. Almost everything comes from China.

Well when Literally 90+% Of all rare earth metals required to make the components are mined in china, it does give the chinese the political muscle to bring the manufacturing. Just saying.
There are places here where there are these rare earth metals. Some of the old mine scrap ores have them in them. The Chinese were going to invest in the Iron mine here and process the big piles of ore to get the rare earths out of them but they changed their minds.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think Trump will capitalize on anything that he can inject into the Americans consciousness as positive about him. In that, this plant and its plans are not new just because Trump became president. If somebody reads a headline and already wants to believe the contents it will be very hard to undo once the belief is established. This is the nature of how people work and all leaders work this subconscious trick.

Trump just understands something better than most in heaps and gobs and that is consciousness. Yeah, I know people will think I'm just not very smart in saying this. But imagine if you will mainstream media smugly in their bubble thinking of the Hillary presidency as imminent and the hollywood power players doing likewise. Their problem was only being able to imagine something they wanted and expecting everybody to be on board with it instead of "knowing" what people were thinking and feeling. I suspect Trump is good at the latter and can read people and groups of people quickly and figure out what they want. Obviously.

As for the fab plant, Intel runs scared. I think a new personal computer cycle is about to begin. People got tired of the continuous upgrade cycle to the home PC and took a break from buying. But those computers are aging and for the most part you still need a PC even if you have laptops and tablets. There will also be a need for much more processing power as VR beings to "seep" into the consciousness and people embrace it. This is something you just can't do right now with a laptop, tablet, or smart phone.

Not to mention the need for advanced and reliable processors in cars, refrigerators, etc. Bring on that plant Intel.

As for the rest of American founded technology. Bring it home to the USA guys. Humanity got just close enough to globalization to scare itself into isolation. We will need capable workers and technical people for the war ahead because it will be fought here as well this time.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Apollumi because: Meh, should proffread more ofthen.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is great news. Hats off to both Trump and Intel.

Before you take your hat off to Trump, just realize that Intel Jobs are highly advanced technological work that requires people with advanced degrees, and most likely these will all come from immigrants being shipped in from India. So, while they will pay taxes in the US, and pay rent and buy food here, etc...it's unlikely that these 3000 jobs are going to current American Citizens, since they are not usually qualified for the positions.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
True, but American companies in large have made it be this way in search of profits. The stigma against the American worker has credit though. We became a very successful nation and that has its drawbacks. Americans went from being humble and hard workers that made America successful to being overly impressed with themselves and a little too entitled. I don't say this to make people mad. It's more an observation over 30+ years. I grew up in a house where the bathroom was out in the field and my Dad whooped my ass in ways that truly made you afraid of getting an ass whooping.

Desperate times in our lives will in short bring back a work ethic and creativity. It will bring the engineering degrees. Creativity is still here actually but you need humility for work ethic and that is not far down the road for a great many Americans. Perhaps one day some Chinese guy will be screaming at an American support person who needs to learn Mandarin Chinese ffs.

A good way to make a successful nation? Get government out of the people's lives and let them raise their families. Nobody is perfect and the government sure has a way to make it much worse. If you had the natural balance that people manage to have without government intervention then you would have dependable and good workers who strive to improve themselves. Political correctness makes for a #ty work force also.

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: seasonal

This is great news. Hats off to both Trump and Intel.

Before you take your hat off to Trump, just realize that Intel Jobs are highly advanced technological work that requires people with advanced degrees, and most likely these will all come from immigrants being shipped in from India. So, while they will pay taxes in the US, and pay rent and buy food here, etc...it's unlikely that these 3000 jobs are going to current American Citizens, since they are not usually qualified for the positions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join