It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you can catch computer viruses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm worried about a new virus, and I fear that we may not have long left before it strikes. This is a new breed of viruses that targets humans rather than hard drives. _javascript:icon('
') These viruses can kill people from the not so safe safety of their homes. They can do things like remove the buffer on your cd drive and without it your cd's will shatter sending shrapnel through your computer and through you. Or they could set your moniters refresh rate to 40Hz which causes epileptic siezures even if you are not epileptic._javascript:icon('
')

(mod edit to remove capital letters from title)

[edit on 30-1-2005 by pantha]

Odd

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
40 hertz is the standard monitor refresh rate

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought 60 Hz was the standard. But if you read the other thread most of them are from 60 -75 Hz, and 60 Hz on a CRT moniter can cause major headaches. I don't know what the refresh rate is on a Mac because the fecking System Preferences sais "n/a" under refresh rate
. It won't let me change it on Mac OS 9 when I run that on the same computer either

But I think I'm pretty safe using a Mac because when somebody would want to affect the majority of the people, they'd write one for PCs.

[edit on 1/30/2005 by diehard_democrat]

Odd

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
crap, 60hz is the default; my apologies. Memory fails me from time to time...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
although ive never used 40hertz i get eye strain on 60 and hate anything open gl but can 40 really send people into seisures?

top topics

join