It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Those Better than the Rest of Us

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Much the same as the idiots who call any argument they disagree with or find inconvenient "racist," the only way to deal with the self righteous is through apathy and dismissal. They're prepared for the "you're not that great" argument, they're prepared for the "I'm sorry I;m not more like you" argument, they're unprepared for the *blink and turn away towards someone else*"anyway, before we were interrupted" argument.

Insult them through marginalizing their entire existence.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Well. Many Americans don't wanna be Americans anymore, depends on how you look at it. With roughly 50% voter turnout and a majority vote for $hillary, you don't seem to be one big happy family united under a new old breed of nationalism. Quite the opposite, actually.

A pledge of allegiance would be nice indeed and we have (or had) something like that in the whole western world. Thing is that the glory of democracy, with it's charta of human rights, exists on paper only by now.
Now think about the history of Europe and tell me again, that nationalism is the solution and not part of the problem...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Had a run in today with someone like I described in the OP.

Let me tell an analogous story to describe what happened.

I had this friend that was a self described anarchist. He hated all government, hated the cops, felt that all authority was bad. He would give us the business about not being anarchists, would break the law (dumb little stuff) and claim he didn't care because the law was immoral, etc.

His neighbor got a dog that barked when the owner left. After about 1 week he called the landlord to report his neighbor because having a dog was against the rules.

Why does it seem like those that rail the most against the law and rules and such are the first people to go run a pout to those authority figures at the slightest offense?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

No, I meant, "we who want to be nationalists."

I'm not sure why you're bringing up Europe - the EU is a perfect example of a bad idea - it doesn't support your case at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Boundaries are important.

My therapist told me so.
edit on 10-2-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Problems with redtape madness are one thing, but you're about to throw the kid out with the bathwater. Feel better now? Case closed.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Always remember when you are on top of the world ,
that the earth rotates every 24 hrs.

Steve G. Makris
edit on 11-2-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Boundaries are important.

My therapist told me so.

I said that? Seems rather profound for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join