It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay and Silent Bob Return!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I gotta say i've always loved Kevin smith's work... Dogma is one of my fav movies...

For years i've been waiting for another appearance of these two, and finally today i found this...

This is not a drill! This is an actual image from my laptop!

Yes, Kids – @jayandsilentbob are coming back! Here’s the story: Sadly, Clerks III can’t happen (one of our four leads opted out of the flick). So I worked on a #Mallrats movie instead… which also didn’t happen because it turned into a #Mallrats series. I’ve pitched said sequel series to 6 different networks only to find no takers thus far. Mind you, I’m not complaining: nobody gets to make EVERYTHING they wanna make in this business (do they?). And I’ve been lucky to make anything at all, there’s so much competition out there, so many much cooler ideas from fresh folks. And besides: I had #comicbookmen and then @tuskthemovie and @yogahosers (which all came together so crazy quickly), and the podcasts and #fatmanonbatman. With all of that, how could I bitch about no Clerks III or Mallrats 2? Then when I started directing @thecw shows, it was such a slice of Heaven on Earth, I happily put my Askewniverse sequels to the side. Since I sold #Clerks and #Mallrats years ago, they’re owned by others, which limits my moves with my own material. I don’t mind: back in the day, all I ever wanted to do was sell my stuff so I could be in the movie biz in the first place. So I don’t own Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or #Dogma… But I DO own #jayandsilentbob. So while I love playing with someone else’s new toys on @cwtheflash and @Supergirl, I’m getting eager to play with my old toys again in the inter-connected View Askewniverse I spent the first half of my career creating. And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot” – a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old “Bluntman & Chronic Movie” they hated so much. It’s a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business’s recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they’re into it, so I’m hoping we’ll be shooting in the summer! Never give up, kids. You CAN do anything you want in life, so long as you’re patient and malleable.”

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as the project develops.

Thats right folks... Jay and Silent Bob will return to the big screen...(hopefully) unless it goes straight to video...

in any case it would still be on my must see list...

perhaps this isn't great news for those who are not fans of the Duo... but i love them, and i know lots of you do as well

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh this better go straight to Netflix!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I too like Kevin Smiths work an certainly Jay and Silent Bob.

I don't understand however, isn't the premise pretty much the exact same as Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Not very inventive in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

i thought clerks was the best myself, but have seen them all.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I was an extra in Mallrats. (with my friend)

We were in the flea market scene.

It looked like a sunny day on film-but there was at least a foot of snow on the ground outside with almost blizzard conditions.

My friend and I snuck out during a break for a smoke and didn't realize that the trailers that we used to block the wind and snow were where the actors hung out/stayed between scenes.
At the time,Shannen Doherty still had crazy stalkers from the 90210 days-so security was kind of ready to ventilate us when they caught us and made us return to the set.

I'm the guy in the background messing with stuff on the shelf.My back was to the camera and I had a black leather jacket and blond hair.You can see my friend's face and him walking by-I still accuse him of sleeping with the director,lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

My favorite was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Will Ferrell's Brady Bunch reference still kills me.
edit on 9-2-2017 by angryproctologist because: oops

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

I was an extra in Mallrats. (with my friend)

We were in the flea market scene.

It looked like a sunny day on film-but there was at least a foot of snow on the ground outside with almost blizzard conditions.

My friend and I snuck out during a break for a smoke and didn't realize that the trailers that we used to block the wind and snow were where the actors hung out/stayed between scenes.
At the time,Shannen Doherty still had crazy stalkers from the 90210 days-so security was kind of ready to ventilate us when they caught us and made us return to the set.

I'm the guy in the background messing with stuff on the shelf.My back was to the camera and I had a black leather jacket and blond hair.You can see my friend's face and him walking by-I still accuse him of sleeping with the director,lol.

Why didn't you tell that kid to get off of the elevator?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
his stuff is mostly pretty solid. jay and silent bob are the shizz.
my fav is chasing amy. dogma is awesome. of course jay and silent bob strike back.
i could have dealt without yoga hosiers.....just not good.

let me tell you though tusk.....tusk is some warped # and its awesome

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's supposed to be that way. It's satire in being that its a reboot about a reboot, making fun of the current state of Hollywood and their obsession with reboots these days.

From the OP's article:

“Jay and Silent Bob Reboot” – a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old “Bluntman & Chronic Movie” they hated so much. It’s a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business’s recent re-do obsession

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Snoochie Boochies!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
By the way,

I tried to make a joke by asking why he didn't tell the kid to get off of the elevator, but as we all know, it was an escalator.

I failed in my joke, and am experiencing great shame.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
his stuff is mostly pretty solid. jay and silent bob are the shizz.
my fav is chasing amy. dogma is awesome. of course jay and silent bob strike back.
i could have dealt without yoga hosiers.....just not good.

let me tell you though tusk.....tusk is some warped # and its awesome

Haven't seen yoga hosers yet... but from what i've been told Kevin was actually trying to make bad movies just for fun with the latest three... sounds like something he'd do lol

tusk... well... probably one of the weirdest F****d up movies i've ever seen...

wasn't even sure what i saw when it was over... but it was original

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The story behind the movie is just as weird.
6 True Stories Behind Crappy Movies That Explain A Lot

Kevin Smith's Tusk Was Based On A Random Story From His Podcast

Whether you love him, hate him, or love to hate him, there's no denying Kevin Smith had his finger on the pulse of nerd culture for a decent amount of time. He's also unusual as a filmmaker in that he seems to talk about his work far more than he works on his work. A lot of this happens on his podcast which he calls The SModcast because he's counting on his fans to be very, very forgiving.

On one of The SModcast's episodes, he retells a story he saw online about a man offering free room and board to anyone. The catch was, the tenant had to sometimes dress like a walrus. It seemed like the ramblings of a man looking to put the spark back into murder, but apparently he was chasing a memory of the time he was stranded on an island and befriended by a walrus. A stranger in a walrus costume wouldn't be as good as the real thing, but murderer boners often forgive such imperfections.

Smith rightfully looked at this story and said, "This is a freakin' horror movie right here." He spent the next hour of his podcast hashing out how this movie would go down, paving the way for what would eventually become the polarizing horror-comedy, Tusk. In it, Smith decides to go full Human Centipede and make the lonely old man an amateur surgeon who amputates his tenant's limbs and forcibly puts them into a walrus costume. And as macabre as that is, it's still more believable than that man and that walrus being "just friends."

Despite the film's abysmal performance at the box office and a resounding "meh" from the critics, Smith decided that he loved the movie enough to make a whole trilogy of Canada-themed horror comedies. Whether this trio of films will make it into the pantheon of Kevin Smith cult classics or fall to the wayside like his 10 movies that weren't Clerks or Mallrats is yet to be seen. For now, let's just appreciate the fact that Kevin Smith wants to make Jaws with a moose and call it Moose Jaws. That's the act of a man who wouldn't give you a # if he came upon you dying #less in a desert.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When people talk Kevin Smith movies nobody ever mentions Drawing Flies. I really liked that one.

Tusk was great. I laughed so hard at the big reveal scene. Quite possibly more than at anything in his other movies. But I grew up on MST3k and movies that should have been riffed but never were so I was ready to embrace the cheese.

The premise of this movie looks necessary. Hopefully the industry will learn something from it. I doubt it but hey, one can hope. In a weird way it's almost antithesis to say I don't think the Jay and Silent Bob story is done yet.

And I feel really bad for Smith knowing that he doesn't own his own IP any more. His previous works should belong to him. Hopefully there will be something new in the future to continue to grow the View-Askewniverse.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Lol - sorry - just saw your reply.

I would have to re-watch the movie-I haven't seen it in at least a decade.

There wasn't an elevator in the building we were in.It was just a one story indoor flea market.

The set for the "fortune teller" was there,though.

btw-I forgot to add how nice Kevin Smith was to the extras.He totally caught me by surprise by being the opposite of how directors are usually portrayed in movies.I don't think he raised his voice in anger at any time.

top topics

join