It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9th Circuit Enjoy the Blood on your Hands Supreme Court Last Chance for Redemption

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Facebook Liberals are going crazy. I keep on seeing comments like this:

With this decision, the Judiciary has proven that it remains the last hope of not just the common man but against tyrants and despotic characters who think the world only revolves around their myopic thinking and fear mongering tactics. Good riddance.

Man I wish the Courts showed this much backbone when standing up against Obama. I mean with the FBI investigating the JV team ISIL related cases in all 57 of Obama's states there is no room for error. Its also funny how Democrat Presidents like Obama, Carter, Clinton, FDR etc., can completely suspend/put a temporary halt on Immigration/Refugee Programs and no one bats an eye.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If what happened was really a problem, someone would go in and 'fix it'. After ... there would be no pursuit, no trial, no punishment.

That hasn't happened yet, so all is well.

Checks and balances. Much as I hate it ... I'll live with it ... so I don't have to wear the shoe on the other foot.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Man I wish the Courts showed this much backbone when standing up against Obama.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Man I wish the Courts showed this much backbone when standing up against Obama.

www.nytimes.com...

9th Circuit not Supreme Court.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Correct.
It was the 5th where his order was halted.
www.scotusblog.com...
edit on 2/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If i see "Muslim ban"'on Facebook one more time I might lose my #.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Simple solution: don't look at Facebook.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The simple solution would be to actually look at the ban but that would require 2 brain cells.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm calling it now, we will be attacked by terrorists from one of these countries and the liberal media will blame it on Trump while Trump will say that he tried to stop it with this bill thus causing tempers to flare up even further and widen the gap between the people further. I have a feeling this is exactly what is happening, they're gearing up for an attack to take more of our freedoms away, all led by Trump and his controllers' propaganda of terrorism and fear.

A lot of what is happening is self-inflicted because we continue to take the bait that they keep throwing at us. We're heading toward a very dark place in my opinion and this whole political charade is the driving force behind that eventual outcome. Sad times for America and the world.

edit on 2/9/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Firstly this executive order is obviously unconstitutional because it was banning people who were here freely to study and work with valid visas. Obama stopped immigrants from coming to america WITHOUT visas for a 90 day waiver period... OBAMA took the waiver period rights for the nations... Please read the facts before you go off someone else's words...

He was also stopped because it didn't include countries he has business ties to which makes it even more weird why the supporters won't substantiate why this should go through other then theses claims of terror attacks.

If your worried about dying so much maybe we could make more regulations on drivers to not be idiots
this will also save lives in fact many more lives. Certainly more then uping our terroriost efforts... In fact I'm more afraid of some kid coming on to my campus with a gun because "life's to hard or unfair"

Just saying it all statistics these aren't my feelings or how I think things are its how things actually are...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Liberals are hungry for any kind of victory, after suffering NOTHING BUT DEFEAT after defeat for many years. The 9th circuit ruling today is like a Christmas Present for them. But in reality, reducing the chances of a terrorist attack with the 7-nation travel ban is just a small part of President Trump's agenda.

I heard a rundown of his activities so far this week, and it's STUNNING how much this President squeezes into 24 hours!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

With this decision, the Judiciary has proven that it remains the last hope of not just the common man but against tyrants and despotic characters who think the world only revolves around their myopic thinking and fear mongering tactics. Good riddance.

Except when it comes to Gun Control, and Wall Street Control, and making them evil rich pay their fair share.

The Judiciary has done nothing but proven itself to be political HACKS.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"Laugh now, cry later" is an old but wise saying.
The liberals may be giggling now, but eventually, they will surely be crying big crocodile tears.
They blindly latch on to any movement in hopes that somehow they can be a part of something larger and grander they are. Believing that someone from the winning team is going to bestow wondrous gifts and righteous powers to them for their obedience....

Building a house of cards only works until someone disturbs it with the slightest tremor.
Trump is going to toss a flash-bang in that room.
Have patience, they wanted free jewelry, and they will have it. Handcuffs and leg irons will look great on hillary. And about 100 other associates of hers will fall as well, as she will surely show her inner rat.
Like I said- Laugh now, cry later....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DMAC32

Firstly this executive order is obviously unconstitutional because it was banning people who were here freely to study and work with valid visas. Obama stopped immigrants from coming to america WITHOUT visas for a 90 day waiver period... OBAMA took the waiver period rights for the nations... Please read the facts before you go off someone else's words...

He was also stopped because it didn't include countries he has business ties to which makes it even more weird why the supporters won't substantiate why this should go through other then theses claims of terror attacks.

If your worried about dying so much maybe we could make more regulations on drivers to not be idiots
this will also save lives in fact many more lives. Certainly more then uping our terroriost efforts... In fact I'm more afraid of some kid coming on to my campus with a gun because "life's to hard or unfair"

Just saying it all statistics these aren't my feelings or how I think things are its how things actually are...

Please point out to me in the Constitution the rights of non-citizens.

Thank you in advance...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The 9 circuit is just sending the whole mess to the supreme court, nothing in their interpretation is about unconstitutionality.

They base the whole interpretation on the rights of states and what they can do within their borders, is not about national borders.

People should be more careful what they read.

States rights are for the legal citizens of the states not for none citizens and foreigners coming from other parts of the world.

Their job was to interrupt the ban and that is what they did.

I hope the supreme court is ready for it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Please point out to me in the Constitution the rights of non-citizens.

If you read the ruling, you might find that it is based upon the rights of the State of Washington.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

People have not clue what that ruling was all about, it can not have anything pointing out to constitutional rights of foreigners none citizens of the US because the constitution gives them none.

This is base on the rights of states within their borders and only applies to commerce, their financial distress from the ban and is limited to legal citizens rights.

it did touch the issuing of visas only for those that already had them issue to them, but not on how the government can issue visas or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I see you are down for "State of Washington "

What's your take on US Constitution specifically saying in unambiguous language that legal matters shall have original jurisdiction at Supreme Court if involving a State.

How do you square jurisdiction when Constitution says Robards nor 9th has any according to Constitution.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
I'm calling it now, we will be attacked by terrorists from one of these countries and the liberal media will blame it on Trump while Trump will say that he tried to stop it with this bill thus causing tempers to flare up even further and widen the gap between the people further. I have a feeling this is exactly what is happening, they're gearing up for an attack to take more of our freedoms away, all led by Trump and his controllers' propaganda of terrorism and fear.

A lot of what is happening is self-inflicted because we continue to take the bait that they keep throwing at us. We're heading toward a very dark place in my opinion and this whole political charade is the driving force behind that eventual outcome. Sad times for America and the world.

I've considered this too. The terrorist attack and/or war situation with this ban and post-election context.

I agree that both sides too are taking the bait way too easily.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

What's your take on US Constitution specifically saying in unambiguous language that legal matters shall have original jurisdiction at Supreme Court if involving a State.
Did the US Government raise that argument? Maybe you should apply for a job at the DOJ.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join