It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The senses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
At the dinner table i had a chat with a peculiar fellow;" Have ever seen a chimpanzee hunting? I mean hunting like a Tiger in the Savannah or like a hawk high above, or even like a shark below? " he said with a peculiar smile..
Ive seen the footage when a flock of chimpanzees hunts in trees above, but the way they do it, requires a team effort, but like everyone else ive seen them eat mostly bugs, nuts and fruits..
My answer could be than no more than a " No, i really havent, i cant say that scavenge for food is the same as hunting like Tiger, Hawk or a Shark "

He sat quiet while he saw my mind thinking of each scenario, and he yet again made me think with another sentence;" In the jungle, in the grand forests, in the deep oceans or in the Savannah the predators were gifted with senses for hunting, even the claws, or the paws, the jaws, everything they are built for is hunting.. The senses they have, are not to flee, it is kill or be killed.. Trees and mountains offer shelter and numbers offers protection.. If you look, just watch nature, during a single season, can you see who the hunter is and who is the pray? "

" When they say, dogs have keener senses than a primate.. what senses, and for what? Their lineage are directly from wolves, point me to a single primate whose ancestor is a predator, and i can honestly say, a primates sense of danger is more accurate than a dog, but a dogs senses is more accurate for other things."

"Humans are not hunters, will never be, their senses are made for one thing only, and it is to flee.. " and he held up his glas of wine and smiled.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I am admittedly nillhistic on our whole 'human' debacle. That said, being able to smell more and think less has not led to canine overseers.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

When I had a deer literally 3 feet from me, staring at me, smelling me, but couldn't "see" me, or the Ten Point. You tell me who was hunter, and who was hunted.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Your friend is misinformed.
www.google.com...

edit on 9-2-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

3% meat in overall diet, during the dry season august and september over 60% of the kills are confirmed meaning 2 months in a year over half their 3% meat diet is collected..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

In the OP this is quote what is says;"

" Have ever seen a chimpanzee hunting? I mean hunting like a Tiger in the Savannah or like a hawk high above, or even like a shark below? " he said with a peculiar smile.. Ive seen the footage when a flock of chimpanzees hunts in trees above, but the way they do it, requires a team effort, but like everyone else ive seen them eat mostly bugs, nuts and fruits..

What you linked, is it different?
I dont dislike people, i just think that maybe a few people living in your american culture would do great with thinking a bit before you open your mouths..

Something we learn in Scandinavia

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Packs of wild dogs, Lions and chimps are keen hunters. So are sharks but they rely on different sensing mechanisms in a wholly different environment.

As far as the skill and unity of chimps hunting together, watch this...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

In the OP this is quote what is says;"

" Have ever seen a chimpanzee hunting? I mean hunting like a Tiger in the Savannah or like a hawk high above, or even like a shark below? " he said with a peculiar smile.. Ive seen the footage when a flock of chimpanzees hunts in trees above, but the way they do it, requires a team effort, but like everyone else ive seen them eat mostly bugs, nuts and fruits..

What you linked, is it different?
I dont dislike people, i just think that maybe a few people living in your american culture would do great with thinking a bit before you open your mouths..

Something we learn in Scandinavia

I linked to a google search, but let me be more specific.

The Predatory Behavior and Ecology of Wild Chimpanzees
www-bcf.usc.edu...

Chimpanzee Hunting Behavior and Human Evolution
www.americanscientist.org...

Chimpanzees are efficient predators that use meat as a political and reproductive tool.

www.bbc.com...

You are correct in that Chimps do not hunt like tigers, hawks, or sharks.
They actually hunt like homo sapiens, tools and all.
video.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Now read through the things you posted and linked, its a great read. And then quote

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Now read through the things you posted and linked, its a great read. And then quote

I have thank you.

'I dont dislike people, i just think that maybe a few people living in your Scandinavian culture would do great with thinking a bit before you open your mouths..

Something we learn in America.'

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If you want to start another topic with

Chimpanzees are efficient predators that use meat as a political and reproductive tool.
about how what they use it for, it might be a good start..

Otherwise the topic is Senses

You used the click and bait headline...

Ill help you;

What could incite a chimpanzee to suddenly forgo plant foraging and turn to hunting? Are there social or ecological factors associated with the impetus to hunt? What ecological effects does the chimpanzees' predatory behavior have on their prey?

We dont open our mouths in Scandinavia, we get s# done..

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Packs of wild dogs, Lions and chimps are keen hunters. So are sharks but they rely on different sensing mechanisms in a wholly different environment.

As far as the skill and unity of chimps hunting together, watch this...
Driver, Blockers, and Ambusher. Humans work very well in packs.
My most recent hunt brought home 5 hogs and 3 deer between 5 people organized in this formation.
The freezer is stuffed with meat.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hoo, Hoo, HAH, HAH, EE-EE-EEE!

My chimp celebration call.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

A gun makes you a biological predator? Try the same thing with primitive tools, or just your hands.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

A gun makes you a biological predator? Try the same thing with primitive tools, or just your hands.
Been there. Done that. Rabbit and squirrel does get old after a while.
My brother pounced on an axis deer and broke its neck with his bare hands.
He earned some bragging rights on that one.
I've also got a big ass hog with a dog, one other person, and a pocket knife.
edit on 11-2-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join