It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump Destroy the Euro?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While reading this piece by William Engdahl I couldn't help but think that what the title suggest is very correct . W.E. brings it all together very nicely with a short walk through the history and his behind the scenes inside the belly of the beast so to speak . Make no mistake in thinking he doesn't have the source material or that Trumps words are empty .

On January 31, new US Trade Czar Peter Navarro accused Germany of using a “grossly undervalued euro to exploit” the US and Germany’s EU partners. Navarro went on to call Germany, the core of the Eurozone economies, a de facto “currency manipulator.” Get used to the term because we‘ll see it often in coming weeks. The manipulation Navarro speaks of, however, is the very creation in 1999-2002 of the Euro single currency. The Euro, with Germany as its largest member, acts like an “implicit Deutsche Mark” Navarro charged, whose low valuation against the US dollar gives Germany a huge advantage against its principal trading partners. journal-neo.org...

It starts off with the new meme "currency manipulators" being fired across the bow as a warning shot directed at Germany . This doesn't make sense when you think you know what is, but sometimes things are not really what they seem eh .

Not surprisingly, Germany has protested vigorously. Angela Merkel immediately declared that monetary policy of the European Central Bank by treaty is mandated to control inflation in the Euro-zone as a whole, claiming further that Germany could not manipulate the euro even if it wanted to because the ECB is, by treaty, “independent.” That’s only a half-truth, as of the 19 of the 28 member states of the European Union today in the Euro-zone, Germany, the Euro-zone economic giant, wields disproportionate influence, not day-to-day, but rather in shaping the very misbegotten construction of the Euro in the 1990’s. Some little-known history is in order. journal-neo.org...

The rest I will leave to your leisure to read . have fun ,enjoy ,and to the EU , we feel your pain ...the writings on the wall .cya
edit on 9-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Do you know who/what Soros is? Did trump make your goat infertile as well?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You guys think Trump is some amazing character don't you capable of changing the world Ha a reply to: the2ofusr1

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

NO They are managing to do it all by themselves

edit on 9-2-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm sure it had nothing to do with a merging of very different cultures and economies. Or voting against the will of people's. Or the EU executive branch which is not elected by the people.

I'm sure the refugee crisis helped. Making the streets no longer safe was a great move.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

All of what you say is true but hind sight as to this new situation that looks like a year down the road will make the present look like a utopia .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The EU will self destruct along with the euro.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

NO They are managing to do it all by themselves
While trying to survive as long as they can I might add .The issue now is the writing is on the wall and the date is within a 1 to 3 year window . I cant say what their options might be but rats jumping a sinking ship comes to mind .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I don't get the title of this thread. How did you get "Will Trump destroy the Euro" out of the article?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

The EU will self destruct along with the euro
I don't think you can have one without the other .Or would want to for that matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Will Trump Destroy the Euro?

By destroying the Euro, do you mean make it too valuable compared to the dollar? That is likely the most destructive thing you can do to the Euro-countries. But that would not really count as destroying it.

Destroying it in the sense of making the value plummet would give the Euro-countries a competitive advantage akin to the one China gets by keeping the Renminbi (Yuan) artificially low. So that would make little sense.

edit on 9-2-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Its from the title journal-neo.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Destroying it in the sense of making the value plummet would give the Euro-countries a competitive advantage
agree if it was going to go down but the piece makes the point that it will increase the value up to maybe 35% .China at present takes measures with their currency not to manipulate it but the Euro is not adjusted and is too low according to the piece .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I believe we will work our way out of this stagnation left from the 0 admin. What happens to Asia and Europe..... well lets see how their plan unfolds. Likely there will be European failure. Russia will be a player and prosper.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The end was called back in 2010-2011. I remember doing a project on the EU in my "money and banking" class
I called out greece specifically. Greece is a smoldering ruin.

Countries have pulled out some very unconventional financial instruments to keep this afloat. Quantitative easing and its european, british, and japanese cousins were experimental policies.

It cannot be considered a recovery until Fed and ECB interest rates are around market levels. When you start seeing interest rates in negative territory like we did in Europe it was a foreshadow of what was to come.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: wrong thread

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Fiat money, marginal banking.... it was bound to fail.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Countries have pulled out some very unconventional financial instruments to keep this afloat. Quantitative easing and its european, british, and japanese cousins were experimental policies.
I read or heard someone say that Japan could destroy the USD .They said at present that the US was selling worthless US bonds to the Japanese for worthless money . Its a ruse and cant go much longer .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

While trying to survive as long as they can I might add .The issue now is the writing is on the wall and the date is within a 1 to 3 year window . I cant say what their options might be but rats jumping a sinking ship comes to mind .

Too true ...... Just wait till after the forth coming elections in the

EU.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ah, okay... sorry - I guess that's what media outlets do. Write titles to get attention.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join