It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who does business with Saudi Arabian wahabists again?
Guess it's not Trump then....
Meh, Clinton is a lying pos, as is Trump.
Your partisan polarizing bs is funny. Keep it up.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So we should just hold the terrorists as innocent? Since 'every single drop' of blood will be on Trump's critics' hands and all.

Obviously you don't believe the terrorists would be innocent which means you're using pure hyperbole as the basis of your argument. I see this happening a lot around here, emotions ruling over people instead of logic and reasonability.
edit on 2/9/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't know how I am not being clear.

An activist judge is one that seeks to create law, as opposed to interpret the Constitution.

If there rulings are overturned by conservative judges, it will enrage many on the left. The rulings would be overturned because they would be found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That mean that these judges would not be making law, but interpreting rather cases brought to them were within the constitution.

Now if the conservative judges would do like the 9th cicuit, and become activist and seek to make law to favor their side, I would protest this.

link   

Nope.

"Far from being foreign infiltrators, the large majority of jihadist terrorists in the United States have been American citizens or legal residents. Moreover, while a range of citizenship statuses are represented, every jihadist who conducted a lethal attack inside the United States since 9/11 was a citizen or legal resident," the New America study says. "In addition about a quarter of the extremists are converts, further confirming that the challenge cannot be reduced to one of immigration."

"It's certainly the case that none of the major, deadly attacks carried out in the United States were carried out by people from these countries," said Erin Miller, who manages the Global Terrorism Database for the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland. Other experts agreed. "Since 9/11, no one has been killed in this country in a terrorist attack by anyone who emigrated from any of the seven countries," added William C. Banks, director of the Institute for National Security and Counterterrorism at Syracuse University College of Law.

www.politifact.com...

Nationals of the seven countries singled out by Trump have killed zero people in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015. Zero.

www.theatlantic.com...

Though in fairness to you:

Six Iranians, six Sudanese, two Somalis, two Iraqis, and one Yemeni have been convicted of attempting or executing terrorist attacks on U.S. soil during that time period, according to Nowrasteh’s research.

www.theatlantic.com...

And, finally:

Information from Terrorism in America After 9/11 found that 190 US-born citizens have been charged with, or died while carrying out, jihadist terrorism since 2001. That number tops the list and far outstrips illegal immigrants (8) and refugees (12).

www.independent.co.uk... 7557266.html

So if these attacks are not coming from the countries Trump is trying to ban, how could the "every drop" from the next attack be on his critics' hands? (Unless, of course the attackers happened to come from one of these countries).
edit on 9-2-2017 by JimSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: 38181
There is more then one way to skin a cat. I see rapid deportations, mass round ups and the slowing of green cards.

Fascim!

# ya!

Can you be fascist against non-citizens?

link   

So because there has been terrorist attacks, future terrorist attacks will be blamed on Trump antagonists.

Ok

link   

originally posted by: carabao

"Who does business with Saudi Arabian wahabists again?
Everyone?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: queenofswords

Do you not understand the multi-level aspect we are dealing with?
Yes, I do.

Do you understand that Trump's EO would have had no effect on Malik?

Good Gawd! Yes. These 7 countries have nothing to do with Malik. These 7 countries are countries Obama named and because their infrastructure for screening and data-gathering is nil or next to nothing, we need a halt, a review, and an overhaul of processes.....get it?

Malik has nothing to do with it. I am so sick of this SMALL piece of the argument. Again...geeeez!

And let me add: I am inclined to believe the Yemen raid provided some real intelligence that our president may be seeing that caused him to think that NOW is the time to nip this in the bud. I don't know, but from putting times and various statements made, I'm thinking this may be the case.
edit on 9-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: RazorV66

That is the problem, there are so many millions of them here, it would have to be a mass round-up.

You expect a government that can't get the IRS to function like a well-oiled machine to be in charge of mass round-ups?

Exactly what due process do you think they should be afforded? How much more taxpayer money do you want spent on this problem? It's against the LAW.

Any and all it takes to make sure we don't screw up.

Your comments and the comments of others are very disturbing.

At any given moment, there are probably 10s of thousands of illegal aliens in police custody for various crimes across the country. Minor petty crimes should be given low priority, I would think.
That would be a good start.
Of course you give leeway to the law abiding illegals, that are just trying to make a better living for themselves.
There has to be a faster track to citizenship for them, some kind of programs that allow them to stay while they become legal.
I am not for throwing everyone out without rhyme or reason, but the problem has existed for too long and something has to be done.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What is that nonsense ?

And just exactly WHAT is partisan about bring up terrorist attacks that have happened in the past here?

Here's a good list.

www.dailywire.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Malik has nothing to do with it.

Then perhaps you should not have mentioned her.
Perhaps you should have used another example.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The first Trade Center attack was carried out by Ramzi Youssef (Kuwaiti-Pakistani) and Eyad Ismoil (Jordanian).

The second Trade Center attack was carried about by citizens of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon.

As my previous post stated, there have been attempted attacks by some citizens of some of the countries on the list. Not one successful attack. And the list does not include the countries the successful terrorists are actually from.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

So we should just hold the terrorists as innocent? Since 'every single drop' of blood will be on Trump's critics' hands and all.

Obviously you don't believe the terrorists would be innocent which means you're using pure hyperbole as the basis of your argument. I see this happening a lot around here, emotions ruling over people instead of logic and reasonability.

Here's a thought.

How bout looking up just exactly what has gone on in those seven countries.

3 on the state sponsors of terrorist.

The rest you don't want coming for dinner.

Years of civil war.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So because there has been terrorist attacks, future terrorist attacks will be blamed on Trump antagonists.

Ok

Yeah considering the vetting process has failed.

And to fix the problem Trump critics sued to stop it from being FIXED.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
People keep mentioning these "7 Countries".
Obama did it first, Trump is doing it, blah and stuff....

These "7 Countries" have been the focus of the U.S government for along time now.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
What keeps President Trump from rescinding the order, signing a new order with the same wording and phrase added "green card holders and existing visa holders exempted".

This would nullify the courts restraining order because the new order isn't the one being restrained.

He's not that smart and, anyway, that course of action does nothing to get around the 1st and 5th Amendment violations that the Court found.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Where does the Trump admin go from here?

The SCOTUS and hope to God they don't decide to break centuries of precedence and declare the POTUS doesn't have the authority over national security which the Constitution and every prior immigration restriction SCOTUS case prior has declared he has.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Reminder..This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

And please stay on topic.... You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gription
a reply to: muse7

Federal court declares jurisdiction over all lands and peoples outside of the USA. Federal court then grants select Executive actions null and void. Federal court judges retire in style....

You obviously haven't bothered to read the Order from the court. They assumed jurisdiction over the federal government. And they didn't declare anything null and void. They just ruled that the status quo ante would be maintained.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join