It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sillyolme

They supposedly are working on a new EO. Maybe they'll actually work with the State Department and use their intelligence resources this time.
www.nbcnews.com...

We'll see.

Yes maybe . I said earlier some of the swamp dwellers know where the quick sand and poison sumac is and can navigate around the pitfalls.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

My metaphor was in reference to our societal makeup . You illustrate that yourself. Heritage , where I grew up we just asked nationality heritage may have been a bit hioty toity for my neighborhood. Lol.

If he trusts his intelligence people and the vetting measures in place already and can offer real ways to improve those measures we won't need to ban anyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

The whole idea of terrorist activity is by its very nature to incite terror or fear so yeah. If your hackles rise when you see a Muslim then yes you're operating from a position of fear.
If you want to put it on a bumber sticker or lapel button that's on you.
Maybe we should.

Fear is very debilitating.

I refuse to live in fear. Especially, because of a person's ethnicity and/or appearance.

Ted Bundy certainly couldn't be judged on his appearance.

Define fear then.

Are any attempts to minimize or prepare for a threat considered fear?

I see many on the left seemingly afraid of what Trump may do, are you saying they are all wrong too?

Fear of the erratic and unstable nature of the man who sits in arguably the most powerful office in the world?

Fair..

Fear of millions of brown people...elderly, children et al. fleeing war and terror? And expressing that fear through Presidential Ban?

Not fair..

Trump LOVES fear...He cited 9-11 in his EO to remind people to be afraid...He failed to mention that the None of the Nationalities of the 9-11 bombers (Specifically Saudi Arabia 15, United Arab Emirates 2, Lebanon 1, Egypt 1) were on his list of the millions of people to be AFRAID of.

Trump LOVES FEAR...because people who are afraid let people like him do whatever they want...

Fear of millions of fighting age men. Let's not misrepresent reality now.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

What I hope trump does is release two (or more) EO's. One that will shut down immigration from all non citizens and non visa holders from troubled countries. And another (or multiple) that will shut down all of the other controversial immigration. That way we can have some semblence of reason while the left tries to tie up the controversial part in court.

Or, just issue a new EO every day (that rescinds the previous and supersedes it) until they run out of money/energy to stop it.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It happens. It happens periodically. I know. I've been here for 70 years.

A coordinated raid on migrants/illegals is nothing new.

ICE Says California Immigration Raids Planned Before Trump Orders

Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Friday pushed back against claims by some groups that a series of raids the agency said targeted criminals in several states were connected to President Donald Trump's executive orders. David Marin, ICE's field office director for enforcement and removal operations in greater Los Angeles, said an enforcement sweep in California was in the planning stages "before the administration came out with their current executive orders." www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

70 years? I know. Horribly off topic.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join