It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

The whole idea of terrorist activity is by its very nature to incite terror or fear so yeah. If your hackles rise when you see a Muslim then yes you're operating from a position of fear.
If you want to put it on a bumber sticker or lapel button that's on you.
Maybe we should.

Fear is very debilitating.

I refuse to live in fear. Especially, because of a person's ethnicity and/or appearance.

Ted Bundy certainly couldn't be judged on his appearance.

Define fear then.

Are any attempts to minimize or prepare for a threat considered fear?

I see many on the left seemingly afraid of what Trump may do, are you saying they are all wrong too?

Fear of the erratic and unstable nature of the man who sits in arguably the most powerful office in the world?

Fair..

Fear of millions of brown people...elderly, children et al. fleeing war and terror? And expressing that fear through Presidential Ban?

Not fair..

Trump LOVES fear...He cited 9-11 in his EO to remind people to be afraid...He failed to mention that the None of the Nationalities of the 9-11 bombers (Specifically Saudi Arabia 15, United Arab Emirates 2, Lebanon 1, Egypt 1) were on his list of the millions of people to be AFRAID of.

Trump LOVES FEAR...because people who are afraid let people like him do whatever they want...
edit on 10-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The whole idea of terrorist activity is by its very nature to incite terror or fear so yeah. If your hackles rise when you see a Muslim then yes you're operating from a position of fear.
Maybe we should.

I refuse to live in fear. Especially, because of a person's ethnicity and/or appearance.

Define fear then.

I see many on the left seemingly afraid of what Trump may do, are you saying they are all wrong too?

Fear of the erratic and unstable nature of the man who sits in arguably the most powerful office in the world?

Fair..

Fear of millions of brown people...elderly, children et al. fleeing war and terror? And expressing that fear through Presidential Ban?

Not fair..

Trump LOVES fear...He cited 9-11 in his EO to remind people to be afraid...He failed to mention that the None of the Nationalities of the 9-11 bombers (Specifically Saudi Arabia 15, United Arab Emirates 2, Lebanon 1, Egypt 1) were on his list of the millions of people to be AFRAID of.

Trump LOVES FEAR...because people who are afraid let people like him do whatever they want...

Its not fear of all of those people. It preparing that some may be terrorists.

But OK you are right.

What about fear of the man who bombed many of those countries and created refugees, Barack Obama, Where were the protests of him? Or is fear of being banned stronger than fear of being bombed.

And because we should have no fear of refugees, then no amount of vetting is neccessary, and anyone who does vet is using fear to do what they want.

Like Canada, they vet people. What a bunch of fear mongers. Perhaps you would like to lead a protest of their hateful policy of vetting based on fear.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
When someone says, "I'm afraid for my daughter to go jogging near that neighborhood", that doesn't mean they are living in fear. It means they are living with common sense.

That's still fear.

I live in one of the worst neighborhoods in one of the highest crime (per capita) towns in the US. Where I live, your home will be burgled on average once every 18 months, there are no pizza deliveries because it's not safe to drive at night, every few weeks I'll hear my doorknob rattle as some transient outside decides to test if it's a house they can easily get into for the night.

If I had any fear over my own personal safety I wouldn't be able to live where I do.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Maybe we should.

Define fear then.

Fair..

Not fair..

And because we should have no fear of refugees, then no amount of vetting is neccessary, and anyone who does vet is using fear to do what they want.

All BS aside...your posts usually don't molest logic that way....That is grade-school binary choice fallacy...either ban all immigrants from those countries or vet none of them!!

Topic aside...you are better than that BS..

We have an exhaustive vetting system in place..

I heard a bunch of US Spec Ops railing against this ban the other day alongside an Iraqi translator who saved their life multiple times. That translator..who worked with the US Military ...risking his own life and his families life to do so? It took him just over two years to escape Iraq and be granted a Visa to the US...Over two years of screening, paperwok, investigation and multiple interviews with DHS...and this was a guy who had US Military aggressively vouching for him.

As multiple Leading US officials in State and Intelligence have publicly stated, the Ban does nothing to increase our security and does a lot increase the danger.

Yemen is already reviewing how they assist the US in operations..Iraq the same..

Bannon and Trump want an all-out holy war as much as ISIS does and working to that end.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Maybe we should.

Excellent point. Bundy was his own best lure. Appearances are sometimes deceitful.

Being alert and aware is a good thing. Situations often warrant a heightened level of awareness.
Paranoia and fear based on race and appearance is ignorant.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Some faith in my country was restored today. Checks and balances actually stopped a "president" (and I use that term lightly) from ruling by decree.

Go America

🎏🔔🍻🎉🎈

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I don't know, maybe because that would make him look like petulant child?

Oh wait , that doesn't bother him at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
It's almost a forgone conclusion Trump will use the nuke option to get the SCOTUS in asap.IMHO.

People keeping missing the clues...SCOTUS will rule a majority against him, his Nominee included...the EO was THAT bad.

CONSERVATIVE legal analysts are saying the EO is a wreck.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Some faith in my country was restored today. Checks and balances actually stopped a "president" (and I use that term lightly) from ruling by decree.

Go America

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

If they all found for him. Don't assume they are just going to fall in line behind him.
He's erratic. They probably won't find for him either if they weigh the law properly.
We don't want puppets sitting on the bench we want thinkers.

These guys know more about the law than trump or bannon or even giuliani and they are not going to support any EO that is in juxtaposition of it just because they are conservative. Most of trumps ideas aren't and the ones that are are extreme far right. I wouldn't assume any chummy boys club there.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's only because the issuer of this EO lacks the ability to carefully construct one. That's all. Other presidents weren't like this.
He's unfit for the office. He should not be president. He should not be issuing EO's. Sorry that's the bottom line.
If it was anybody else, anyone at all we wouldn't even be having this discussion. All bets are off now.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

We all knew it would end up there. Who didn't?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's an unfair assumption. There is no basis for a ban on Muslims. That's irrational.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
And now the WH has just announced they will NOT take the issue to the SCOTUS.
I guess someone explained to him just how badly written it was.
Maybe he will take council from more experienced lawyers and legislators.
Maybe.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Maybe.

Didn't he just say he was going to issue a new one instead?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They supposedly are working on a new EO. Maybe they'll actually work with the State Department and use their intelligence resources this time.
www.nbcnews.com...

We'll see.
edit on 2/10/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Maybe we should.

Define fear then.

Fair..

Not fair..

All BS aside...your posts usually don't molest logic that way....That is grade-school binary choice fallacy...either ban all immigrants from those countries or vet none of them!!

Topic aside...you are better than that BS..

We have an exhaustive vetting system in place..

I heard a bunch of US Spec Ops railing against this ban the other day alongside an Iraqi translator who saved their life multiple times. That translator..who worked with the US Military ...risking his own life and his families life to do so? It took him just over two years to escape Iraq and be granted a Visa to the US...Over two years of screening, paperwok, investigation and multiple interviews with DHS...and this was a guy who had US Military aggressively vouching for him.

As multiple Leading US officials in State and Intelligence have publicly stated, the Ban does nothing to increase our security and does a lot increase the danger.

Yemen is already reviewing how they assist the US in operations..Iraq the same..

Bannon and Trump want an all-out holy war as much as ISIS does and working to that end.

I am glad you think I am above this BS, but clearly I am not

All kidding aside I was making the point that wanting vetting does not make you a bad person. Its a gray issue, No vetting = bad, not allowing anyone in ever = bad. So we need to fall somewhere in the middles.

I don't think Trumps halt is over the the line, you do. Thats fair, I don't think that makes me wrapped in fear or you not a patriot. We just have a different opinion.

The thing I can't wrap my head around is that Obama bombed the very countries trump is banning. Now what policy do you think is worse? Yet almost none of the people outraged about the "ban" did any protesting about Obamas bombs.

If you think Trump is trying for a holy war based on this, then what were the past 16 years of admminstrations doing with their nation building policies?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If someone asks what your nationality is what do you say? Do you say American or do you say what ever your parents or grandparents are? Or were?

My parents were born in Brooklyn. My maternal grandmother was born in north Carolina but her mother was born in Wales by English parents and my father's parents were Italians.
My answer to the nationality question is English Welsh and Italian because the fact that I'm American is assumed in my circle.
Risking another cliche America is a melting pot. There is no typical American and yet there is.
We are all outsiders and psycho babble bs is not what I'm offering.
Now is not a time for panic or rash motions either.
We're not at war and there's time to think about the issue before making decisions. No need to rush.
See what happened?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because Europeans did not fly planes into the WTC nor did the Amish. There is an issue with certain countries. If you do not believe that then you would also believe that there is no genocide in Syria.

I am second generation Irish and German(Jewish). That is where my grandparents came from. However we came here legally. My heritage is where they are from but my country is America.

A pause. Not a ban on religion but a pause from regions where there is Civil War. Indonesia and India have the largest populations but are not banned.

All the while we argue immigration China is massing more in the Pacific.
edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-10T17:20:05-06:000505 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-10T17:20:27-06:000527 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Maybe.

Didn't he just say he was going to issue a new one instead?

Hopefully it will be better thought out , will fall within the law and will reflect the values of our country.
Maybe he should be looking at those extreme vetting measures he was talking about and learning what ones are already in place and start there. If he has good intelligence (of course he'll have to trust them...) And a superior vetting process there won't be a need for any ban. If he's interested in making us safe and not seeking racial and religious purification of the country then fine. We could use a real champion . I just don't feel Donny downer is it. Not on his own he isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join