It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellogg’s to Shutter 39 Distribution Centers as Layoffs Loom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Famous brand name Kelloggs is suffering a sales slow down.

As a result, they have announced some "restructuring" that includes some warehouse closings and layoffs.

Seems they were involved in some political smearing and Breitbart called for a boycott a few months back.

Breitbart is now jumping on them.

Two articles about this whole thing.

Kellogg’s to Shutter 39 Distribution Centers as Layoffs Loom

Kellogg’s is shutting down 39 distribution centers across the country, the embattled cereal giant announced this week.

“While this is the right move for the company to achieve our long-term objectives, it was a difficult decision because of its impact on employees,” company spokesperson Kris Charles said, according to CNYCentral.

The Michigan-based company did not specify how many jobs would be lost during its year-long layoff plan, part of an initiative to shift toward a “highly efficient warehouse model.” Though as many as 1,100 full-time workers could be impacted, given Kellogg’s estimation that an average distribution center employs 30 full-time workers.

Kellogg’s stock saw a decline and its brand perception online took a deep negative nosedive last year following the cereal maker’s politically-driven attack on Breitbart News and its 45 million monthly readers. The company complied with demands from obscure left-wing advocacy groups, who pushed a social media campaign to coerce companies away from advertising on Breitbart.

Kellogg Announces Major Job Cuts, Facility Closures, Sales Forecast Slashed

Kellogg Company, the nation’s largest breakfast cereal manufacturer, is again announcing major cut backs and has slashed its sales forecast as profits continue to fall.

On February 9 the Michigan-based company cut its sales projections for the year after experiencing another quarterly decline.

The company imagined it would have flat sales but instead found a two percent decline.

Thread from last November...
Kelloggs Blacklists Breitbart, Declares Hate for 45,000,000 Readers

Thread from last December...
Kellogg Foundation Made Huge Grants to John Podesta’s Center for American Progress

Hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe Warren will tell her people to buy Kelloggs since people stopped buying their products. Good thing they weren't selling products at Nerdstroms...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This happens in every election some CEO`s just can`t keep business and politics separate and it bites them in the a$$, why don`t they learn from past elections and just keep their mouths shut?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Maybe Warren will tell her people to buy Kelloggs since people stopped buying their products. Good thing they weren't selling products at Nerdstroms...

She might have a plan to endorse Kelloggs on the Senate floor !!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Kellogg's biggest problem is PRICING. They have been gouging like lunatics, it has caught up to them.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know if this is because the boycott or not.

But I have tried not to buy any of their products.

Apparently, Kellogs doesn't "share the values" of people like me, and so I don't share any of my sympathy if they suffer financially.

I feel bad for employees that may lose their jobs though.

I am sure Kelloggs doesn't share their employees values anyways though, so maybe the employees will land on their feet with a company that doesn't hate who they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Who the heck eats sugar covered cereal anymore, anyway?!?

As a Michigander, this a bummer news.

I did have a thought about how crazy it is that Breitbart can attack a business BOOM stocks are down , factories closing.
Probbaly would have happened anyway what with automation and what not.

Tony The Tiger must have spent all his money putting that dehydrated milk up his nose...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am sure Kelloggs doesn't share their employees values anyways though, so maybe the employees will land on their feet with a company that doesn't hate who they are.

What an odd thing to say. I'm sure the employees have individual beliefs and it's absurd to say the company hates who they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Also, this action was decided well before this political nonsense became an issue.

The layoffs are part of the 111-year-old company's cost-savings program called Project K, announced in late 2013. The goal of the four-year plan is to generate $425 million to $475 million in annual savings by 2018, the company told investors on its website.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 9-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What an odd thing to say. I'm sure the employees have individual beliefs and it's absurd to say the company hates who they are.

True, but my point is that surely many voted for Trump, and kelloggs made it clear they don't share those peoples values.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

True, but my point is that surely many voted for Trump, and kelloggs made it clear they don't share those peoples values.

And how does that extrapolate to the company hating who these people are?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Make America great again?....see, slogans and sound bites wont work.

Btw, when was America ever great.?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can't help wondering if it has anything to do with grain prices due to the loss of grain crops due to the (cough, cough) global warming.

Sal

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Haven't bought any of their products for months. Don't miss it one bit.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How about they have reformulated their products to the point they are inedible?
It's a sad state of affairs were generic # tastes better than the name brand!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I haven't bought their products for years.
Malt-o-Meal sells their product at a much lower price and in more environmentally friendly packaging.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Kelloggs is just a bit too supportive of George Soros for my taste. Maybe they'll think twice before donating big to Open Society or Tides again.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Kellogg's doesn't support me, now I don't support them. With the population they do support many will still enjoy the sugar coated crap with their EBT cards!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

usda.mannlib.cornell.edu...

Here's over a hundred years of data. I went over it. A hundred years. All the grains we are producing more and having greater yields per acre. The only crop not in this trend is tobacco, less being planted so lower yields. The price has risen though. I don't mean to thread drift but before you say something... meet kettle.

So maybe the company is tanking for other reasons. Occam's razor says the consumer base has found its power. If you don't like a brand then don't buy it...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Most of these warehouses are connected to NAFTA,they are corporations,they give workforce over to staffing company's,this is the way America was headed,about time they break up this liberal created workforce

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join