It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. William of Gellone, who was his father? Why did the church try to hide it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Saint William of Gellone's father is Thierry, Count of Autun. But his mother is Alda of France (Alda de France). If you research Alda of France her husband was Theodoric Makhir, an exilarch from Babylonia, who made his way to France after Charlemagne requested the seed of the House of David. Alda of France was Charlemagne's aunt, Saint William of Gellone's mother, and married to Theodoric Makhir (House of David seed). Consequently, why has the church tried to destroy knowledge of this?

I am asking because Saint William of Gellone is my 35x great grandfather.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightofLiberty

I am asking because Saint William of Gellone is my 35x great grandfather.

And mine, too, as well as nearly everyone else here, maybe. You're relying on highly suspect genealogical records, but the fact is, you're probably right anyway. Do the math. Use four or five generations per century--your choice. That assumes pregnancy at 20 or 25. Back then it was earlier. Nobody waited around. Ready?

2^35 = 2 to the 35th power 34,359,738,368, 34 billion ancestors. And that only goes back 9 centuries, when the world population was something like 240 million. Obviously there was considerable overlap. We all married our cousins. Indeed, there is no one on Earth that is more distantly related than 50th cousin. Why? Because all it takes is one Dr. Livingston or one Marco Polo to travel to distant lands. Within a few generations your DNA you share with Uncle Polo is found throughout China.

Genealogy can be fun. For example, Jesse James is my fifth cousin. His middle name was Woodson, which refers to Dr. John Woodson, one of the first colonists at Jamestown. I have a book published in 1885 that traces the Montague family back to England. He's in it, and so is my great grandmother, so I can reasonably well "prove" Jesse was my cousin. However, at a certain point this gets just ridiculous. That you think you are related to some obscure semi-royal in the time of Charlamagne is not the least remarkable because we all are.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks for the diatribe on why I'm stupid for being curious about my ancestry.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightofLiberty
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks for the diatribe on why I'm stupid for being curious about my ancestry.

Lighten up and try to learn something. Good Lord. EVERYONE ON THE DAMN PLANET is related to your so-called "ancestor."

top topics

join