It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t ‘open your heart to white people,' white prof tells class

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well the fact that he is telling people to "take things into their own hands".

So from his racist point of view it is OK to tell students to "handle" whites that make $50,000 a year, but yelling white power is not OK.

His racism is much worse because he pusses out and claims to be tolerant, but at the end this idiot is crying, over an election.

By the way he is white and makes over $50,000, what a racist idiot.

So I listened again, because I must have heard things differently than you. And again I did not hear him tell people to take things into their own hands. Yet, you put quotations around the 'take things into their own hands" so I thought that you must have heard something I did not. So I listened once again. The closest I heard was him referring to how people were going to deal with the whole power of the state was something like, in your own way. A far cry from what you seem to have heard. It would be nice, if you wanted to continue with this to post the point in time from which you heard that line. Otherwise it is nothing more than your own interpretation. I'm ready to be wrong here if you can point that out to

I also did not hear him say 'handle whites',I heard him say to find their own way to handle their feelings about whites with that salary.

He was speaking to a group of people who are of mixed race. He mentions that there are people like him, white, and people of color. So you say he is racist. How so. Is he a white racist talking about black people? No. Is he a black person talking about white people? No. He is a white guy, talking to both white people and people of color. Yes. So where is the racism here.

What he is talking about is the power structure of the state which in his and many peoples minds is still dominated by rich white men.

Then you call him a racist again and say at the end that he is crying. Again, I did not hear that, and I listened to your video three times.

Finally, again you call him a racist. Just how do you come to this conclusion. Just because he says he has no sympathy for one segment of society, which by the way as you point out, is part of.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I did mis quote, he said deal with this how you want.
Perry did say that voting for trump makes them not a person.

He also said that there are white dudes who have lots of power. Being white does not grant power. This is in fact a racist statement.
And separates the people who are not white males into another group. Again this is racism,

He also said this is violence, and points to direct state violence when the state intervenes in non white communities.

If you don't think this is divisive and racist, then we will disagree.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: seasonal

If he wants his students to ever have jobs, or especially careers, he may want to change his message. Not too many business owners and managers are going to hire some asshat that walks into the interview with the attitude of "I don't trust you and can act like a fool towards you if I want" and walk back out with a job offer.

THAT ^, burd. The absolute best laugh all day besides
"The 9th? They upheld the C-clamp? And like...surprise."

"If you don't hire me I'll get an ACLU shyst to call you a racist."
Your tax dollars at work, attempting to impoverish you suf-
ficiently to the extent you'll never have to pay taxes again.
If I see a fudge flavored fedora out there I'll think of you first Cap.

PS. If ever there was a reason to put a professor out of our misery;
it could be to implement a nationwide policy to refrain from
inciting violence, racial discord and other subversive behavior
under the guise of political freedom. Nonconformance will be
sufficient cause for loss of tenure and possibly dismissal.

edit on 9-2-2017 by derfreebie because: To boldly go way past where I wanted DAMMIT

edit on 9-2-2017 by derfreebie because: If they're public, they're our schools, not theirs.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal Without listening to it again and correct me if I am wrong, but what I heard was that he said people who voted for Trump see THEM ,the people who did NOT vote for Trump as 'not a person'.

He also said that there are white dudes who have lots of power. Being white does not grant power. This is in fact a racist statement.
Yes, there are some white dudes who have a lot of power. You say, 'being white does not grant power. I agree, however to leave the statement as is is to simplistic.

Yes it's true, being white does not grant power, but being white in this society has historically offered access to those halls of power where being a person of color or being of another sex have not. You know this and I know this otherwise we would be wasting each others time.

So does our acknowledging this fact make us racist? I don't think so. It is us discussing a serious social problem.
Now certainly things have changed. And I think the degree to which they have changed may be the difference in our understanding of not only the video, but the whole issue.

You say ''And separates the people who are not white males into another group. Again this is racism,

'' Except you have it wrong. Totally upside down and backwards. When the framers of the constitution wrote the constitution and set it in motion, when elections were first held, who got to vote. Who. People of color? Nope. Women? Nope. White men who did not reach a certain level of wealth? Nope. The ONLY people who could vote when then whole nation began were rich white males. Fact or Fiction. They started the two party system. One for rich white males and the other for guess who. Rich white males.

When did women get the vote. 1920. That's what, a hundred and forty years about?. And black people? Only in 1965 did the federal government open up all barriers to the black vote in resistant states. That's almost 200 years.

So tell me again, who segregated white males into their own group? White males seasonal, White males did it to themselves and their white male decedents. Is that not how you remember history? Does that make me racist for remembering it that way?

edit on 28America/ChicagoThu, 09 Feb 2017 23:10:24 -0600Thu, 09 Feb 2017 23:10:24 -060017022017-02-09T23:10:24-06:001100000010 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
Well to be fair Haiti for sure and Zimbabwe def have been getting messed with by whitey. Let's face it Laura Silesby and other cia/dyncorps workers have been vaccinating them, screwing with them, stealing organs and babies and tbh im sure white people have done some bad stuff in zimbabwe too.

that being said the africans and the carribean blacks are pretty pleasant if they get over here unlike a lot of their get whitey counterparts raised in the states.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

For some time now, anti-white racism has been deemed acceptable to far too many people. They are wrong. Anti-Christian bias, as well, is considered acceptable. Again, wrong!

Anyone claiming otherwise is a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how the left can be so worried about the next Hitler, but they are perfectly fine with scapegoating white people and demonizing white people in the same way Hitler did the Jews.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

For some time now, anti-white racism has been deemed acceptable to far too many people. They are wrong. Anti-Christian bias, as well, is considered acceptable. Again, wrong!

I repeat this often, but one of the reasons the left is so dangerous is because they seem capable of rationalizing just about anything. I have no doubt that if they could round us all up and come up with a decent rationalization for it they would do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I'm in the same boat, grew up in MA, went to college there, grew up liberal, became Independent, have said everyone should read Kozol ... but thins have become so bad past 10 years. Huge amounts of racism and discrimination against white people where I work ... so hard to not become bitter.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I repeat this often, but one of the reasons the left is so dangerous is because they seem capable of rationalizing just about anything. I have no doubt that if they could round us all up and come up with a decent rationalization for it they would do it.

Oh, I quite agree! The calls for bloodshed, from so many of these "protesters" show that clearly. They want people to die. All they lack is someone to start things rolling. Every time they throw a fit about some issue or another, I see that as looking for excuses for the violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join