It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: xuenchen

You mean she had decades to become legal? Cry me a river.

She is legal. When she had her first child here that enabled her to stay here legally. ICE screwed the pooch on this one.

That is false. Please cite me the law that says that?

The child is legal, but the parent is not.

You are exactly right.

The anchor baby has created real problems, imo.

I have asked this and tried to find it online, but so far, no luck. When a baby is born on US soil by an illegal immigrant, we know it has automatic US citizenship, but does it also have citizenship from the country its mother is from....specifically, I'm wondering about Mexico.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Trade has always been negotiated.

You are having a giraffe!

Go and do some reseach it is forced upon nations one way or another. Why do you think you get governments overthrown because they wont except the trade regulations..

What do you think happend in Afganistan... First thing the colation done was set up a new central bank..

What do you think happened in Libya.. A central bank was introduced..

Its all about money and trade. Trade laws are wepons used against nations to gain access to there materials and keep them poor..

Wakey wakey time..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Look this is my last post on this because its not really on topic.

To all reading this.

Purplemer believes that there should be no borders between countries.

They (not sure gender) believe they are entitled to a border to their home.

They feel that they have only the absolute the bare essentials for survival, and include a computer and internet.

Thats all.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here ya go. I'm sure all you Trumpeteers will love this. My thoughts!

Any Mexican that has lived in this country for 20+ years; had their children here, work, pay taxes, have a home, family, go to church, have friends and neighbors, have kids in school, bought cars, and do all the things the rest of us do?

This is as much their home as it is yours.

The minute Trump went on TV and screamed "WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A WALL and MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT", the crowds went wild and along with their cheering went their humanity. Apparently it didn't take much.

And everybody is so self-righteous, and so high and mighty about their greatness in "upholding the law" , like it's some kind of superior mindset, some brilliant revelation to be upheld at all costs.

It's more like "the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings."

/end

Did you love it? No? I didn't think so.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Bud you are well indoctrinated. They have you just where they want you..

Wake up and smell the coffee..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Here ya go. I'm sure all you Trumpeteers will love this. My thoughts!

Any Mexican that has lived in this country for 20+ years; had their children here, work, pay taxes, have a home, family, go to church, have friends and neighbors, have kids in school, bought cars, and do all the things the rest of us do?

This is as much their home as it is yours.

The minute Trump went on TV and screamed "WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A WALL and MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT", the crowds went wild and along with their cheering went their humanity. Apparently it didn't take much.

And everybody is so self-righteous, and so high and mighty about their greatness in "upholding the law" , like it's some kind of superior mindset, some brilliant revelation to be upheld at all costs.

It's more like "the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings."

/end

Did you love it? No? I didn't think so.

And now we get to the crux of the argument.

For over 20 years many people in this country have begged for the government to enforce the immigration laws on the books.

Now that someone is in office that will do that, the liberals say "TOO late, now its unjust to enforce the laws!"

This is garbage.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ya. Raise your Budweiser and let's hear it for the ole Red, White and Blue.

yippee

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yep not one statement about feeling bad for the victim of the crime. You just say she spent 6 months in jail, its over.

From my first post in this thread:
She was allowed to stay - albeit illegally. She used someone's social security number so she could work - a crime.

She paid for her crime

What you want from me is some kind of admission that she did something wrong. Why would I need to admit something that's obvious? Do you just need the satisfaction of hearing me say it? Why? Do you need validation?

And I only bring this up because you accuse me of thinking its wonderful that this woman be deported.

I didn't accuse you of anything Grambler. You are happy about this. She committed a crime, you hate that people get away with crimes, you feel for the victim and there needs to be be justice

How do I have that wrong?

We just have different views on life, and how we should treat each other

I think this could be handled differently - and you think this is fine

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Ya. Raise your Budweiser and let's hear it for the ole Red, White and Blue.

yippee

Shame. I don't believe in mocking cultural stereotypes. But please, go on.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: xuenchen

You mean she had decades to become legal? Cry me a river.

She is legal. When she had her first child here that enabled her to stay here legally. ICE screwed the pooch on this one.

That is false. Please cite me the law that says that?

The child is legal, but the parent is not.

You are exactly right.

The anchor baby has created real problems, imo.

I have asked this and tried to find it online, but so far, no luck. When a baby is born on US soil by an illegal immigrant, we know it has automatic US citizenship, but does it also have citizenship from the country its mother is from....specifically, I'm wondering about Mexico.

Citizenship of children depends up on the rules of a country.

For example, if a US citizen has a child in another country, this is the law:

- Child born abroad, both of whose parents are citizens of the United States, and one of whom resided in the United States before the birth of the child.
- Child born abroad, one of whose parents is a citizen of the United States who resided in the United States for at least five years before the birth of the child.

In Mexico, a child is a citizen if:

Child born abroad to Mexican parents. Child born aboard military/civilian Mexican ship or plane.

The Birth naturalization laws by country are interesting too.
Not all countries consider a baby born there to automatically be a citizen, including the UK.

Citizenship Laws of the World

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Just to clarify, BlueAjah....If a baby is born to Mexican illegal immigrants in the US, it also has citizenship in Mexico?

edit on 9-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Just to clarify, BlueAjah....If a baby is born to Mexican illegal immigrants in the US, it also has citizenship in Mexico?

That is correct, according to this source:
www.multiplecitizenship.com...

BY DESCENT: Child born abroad to Mexican parents. Child born aboard military/civilian Mexican ship or plane.

also note:

DUAL CITIZENSHIP: (Not specified.) Mexican law establishes a distinction between nationality and citizenship. The 1998 Amendment recognized Mexican nationality transmitted by birth, restricting nationality to the first generation born abroad. It also preserved Mexican nationality by birth, when adopting a foreign nationality. Mexicans abroad holding Mexican nationality will be treated with legal equality in Mexico; specifically, they will keep patrimonial rights, access to reserved areas of investment, and the ability to inherit without restriction.

So, the birth rule only applies to the first generation born abroad.

Also note their Naturalization requirement:

BY NATURALIZATION: Mexican citizenship may be applied for upon fulfillment of the following: Submit an application requesting Mexican nationality at the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Prove knowledge of the history of the Mexico, speak Spanish, and be integrated into the national culture.

Even Mexico has requirements before they allow the benefits of citizenship.

edit on 2/9/17 by BlueAjah because: eat

edit on 2/9/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I am not happy. I was against deporting working illegals that weren't felons. I criticized Trump in the election for his idea of mass round ups.

My first post on this thread said that I feel bad for this and the ladies family.

If it was up to me, all illegals would be very productive and law abiding, and they would all get to stay.

But she committed a felony, and we should deport people who are illegal and commits felonies.

You accused all of us of feeling wonderful about this.

I don't. Just like I am for burglary being illegal, but I am not happy to see a father go to jail for it.

I am not looking for an admission she did something wrong. I am looking for any statement of sympathy for the victim.

I ask for this because I am worrying you are projecting your thoughts. If you assume I am gleeful to see this woman have her sentence carried out, and you don't want to see that sentence carried out, then perhaps you are gleeful to see her victim not receive justice.

In other words, how can you assume I feel wonderful when I said from the get go I felt bad about this but it needs to happen, but wonder why we think you don't care about the victim when you have not once mentioned the victim of this crime, only saying she did 6 months, what more do you want.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is interesting...
People have been having such a fit over not allowing Syrian refugees into the US - well look at the Syrian Naturalization rules:

BY NATURALIZATION: Naturalized citizenship may only be acquired upon marriage to a Syrian citizen and by living in the country for over 10 years.

The ONLY way to move to Syria is to marry a Syrian.

www.multiplecitizenship.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think thats the source of the issue. She committed a felony. She stole someone's ID. Because of that one fact, she is done. She wont be allowed legally into this country again. There is no way around that. People have to learn that there are realities to breaking laws. As a Moderate, and someone that married a immigrant, and am a child of one, I absolutely feel where she is coming from, BUT MY Mother when she came on a student visa, and got married, and over stayed her visa, and had to go back for 5 years, followed the law. That was 40+ years ago. MY Brother and Sister spent 7 years in South America, with my Father, while My Mothers Paperwork reprocessed. My mother came back to the country LEGALLY, and has been a good standing citizen for 30 some odd years. My wife came here legally, I waited 2 years for her to come, and had a NASTY CASE of blue balls, but you know what, THATS WHATS PEOPLE DO, to come here legally. The wait there turn, and they DONT break the law. This lady did both, and she has no one to blame but herself. That's just the reality of it. Now do I think USCIS needs fixed, absolutely, but for me, I sit here and look at this thread, 11 pages now of arguing. Over WHAT? SHE BROKE THE LAW, SHE STOLE SOMEONES ID. She is done, there is NO FIXING THAT! IF you think thats alright, then I ACTIVELY encourage you to post a your full name, address, birthdate, and SSN, and tell me how your life it in oh say 6 months to a year..... Seriously people, SHE has no standing, and for the far right, DUDE how many times you got to repeat yourself before you realize they aint gonna listen........

Camain

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So, this felonious illegal alien can take her children back with her to Mexico and those children have Mexican citizenship automatically. Right?

Problem solved. Family does not have to be divided. Take your minors with you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

SHE has no standing, and for the far right, DUDE how many times you got to repeat yourself before you realize they aint gonna listen........

There are some people that come to the threads to learn and to discuss. Of, course as with most conversations, both parties, think they are in the right, but the conversation is one of mutual respect, until both decide that they will disagree, or the other makes a point that sways the other to their side.

Too often we are seeing here, no conversation. No listening, not even agreeing to disagree. I understand what it is like to feel strongly passionate about something, but when you are so passionate about your ideas that you can't even consideration the ideas and feelings of others, then you are a bully and an oppressor, you become what you hate in the other guy.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

so you hate illegals so much that you are willing to spend billions of u.s tax payer money to round up and deport millions of people? how american of you. a more logical logistical solution would be to immediately, deport existing illegal aliens in the judicial system, pedophiles, rapists, violent felons. i would offer a path to citizenship to hard working, decent, non welfare leeching immigrants. i would give them a $5000 fine for entering and working in our country illegally. i would secure the borders and extremely vet all future immigrants, i would also put a limit on the amount of immigrants allowed into our country according to how many we can comfortably handle.

remember only half of illegals are from mexico, imagine the amount of money it would take plus the humanitarian "hitleresque" nightmare it would create. train after train load of illegals sent back to mexico, plane after plane load of illegals sent back to europe, china, middle east. africa etc etc.

it takes a lot of confidence and ambition to leave your home country and emigrate to another country to work and better your life for you and future generations. it is the dna that our country was built on, we can use these peoples hard work ethic and values.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

the majority of illegals here have fake papers of one kind or another, the whole situation is a cluster$%#^ and has gotten too far out of hand! how are we going to find every single illegal with fake paperwork and deport every single one? it is just logistically and monetarily impossible. deport and get rid of violent criminals, pedos and rapists, work with and fine the good ones.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join