It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Grambler

You monster! How dare you erect a border! Please remove it, this is a world without borders!

Countires are contstructs that are used for economy. Why do you think when we went around the world carving out nations..

and then installing central banks..

If you live in an affulant country it is because of economy. If money and capitalism freely move between nations why shouldnt people.

Humainity is not economy its not business. Wake up your a human being..

How is your house any different?

A country has borders to protect the countries prosperity.

You have a house to protect your prosperity.

You are affluent enough to have access to the internet because you hoard resources instead of sharing with everyone.

Sell you possessions, sell you computer, spread the wealth equally to every person in the world.

If goods can freely flow in and out of your house, shouldn't people be able to?

This is a world without borders, and you have erected borders in your personal life at the expense of others.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

wouldnt have a problem with it apart from the fact it is so one sides..

USA has no problems exporting weponary to other countrties

No problem changing regimes in other countries

No problem removing raw materials from around the world

No problem aggresivly setting up trade regualations to benefit itself..

If you want to be an insular nation be one. Stop dishing it if you cant take it. If you think money and power be freely allowed to move around and people not. You must think these things are more important than people.

Close your borders and trade and see how long until you implode.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is this the Mother of 2 who was busted for Identity Theft?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

How is your house any different? A country has borders to protect the countries prosperity. You have a house to protect your prosperity. You are affluent enough to have access to the internet because you hoard resources instead of sharing with everyone. Sell you possessions, sell you computer, spread the wealth equally to every person in the world. If goods can freely flow in and out of your house, shouldn't people be able to? This is a world without borders, and you have erected borders in your personal life at the expense of others.

What do you mean protect the countries prosperity. A country has borders so the wealth can be controlled by an elite few. Do you think properity is something we should measure in economic terms. No its messing up our planet. Its a run away sytem. Close down the banks lets do something different.. Instead of quantity of life lets look at quality.

Yes i am lucky and affulant to have the internet. I have what i need and no more. My nan always said to me know when you have enough. I have a fire, food, love, shelter and the tools to live my everyday life. The tools i have are not just to benefit me they are shared with people when they need them. Along with my experience.

Yes people come into home and i dont need to lock my door. I am lucky enough to live in a remote community. People need each other...

Pop around for a cup of tea sometime!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So this illegal aliens has lived the US for decades and never spent any of that time trying to legally immigrate?

It's a good thing she has been detained and hopefully deported.

She willingly broke the law for decades.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I bet $10 to a doughnut...... ICE detainer her not because of a new Trump policy...

the flimsy case of her detainment was more-than-likely at the order of some lefty-nutbag-Progressive that is radically Anti-Trump..... and the woman was selected because her situation that is clearly non-threatning to the Security & Safety of US Citizens

an ideal case to make Trump back-off his Illegals stance along side his stance for a 60-120 ban on illegals/travelers from the 7 defined Muslim Majority Countries with a long record of Terrorism activity & foot soldiers

I would think the scoundrel ICE officers responsible for singling out this illegal woman for detainment and potential deportation should be the focus of any outrage and trampling of a person's rights, be they a citizen or not

the groundswell of outrage should be at the Anti-Trump Agents of chaos in persecuting this woman/mother/ illegal migrant from some country below the very-much-needed-but-delayed Southern Border Fence

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I don't' make it seem like anything

It is what it is

You make it seem like anyone that wants the law upheld is some kind of monster. Yet you don't have one ounce of sympathy at all for the person whose identity she stole. You have posted how many times, and not once referenced this.

I think about this as people first - citizens second. She broke the law and she was held for six months. You understand what I'm saying - the felony is accounted for. She was permitted to stay while she appealed her deportation. The law literally just changed, and people want to tear her from her family and throw her out so that she can pay for a crime she's already paid for

From a reply I made to you

You still have yet to say what you would suggest. Should she be allowed to stay? Or would you have just given her time. And do you really think if they had said turn yourself in in 6 months you are getting deported that she would have?

That was the law then - she was complying. In my opinion, what would be human is to take the time to inform people of their changed legal status, explain what comes next - and give them time to prepare

From a reply I made to you
edit on 2/9/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and you wonder why so many of us are so staunch about defending our borders

Knock the zenophobia on the head... We are nearly all immigrants..

Who the hell you defending your borders against... other people. your a person. Its divide and rule.

Wake up!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yes, it is sad to separate a parent and their children and if the Dream act has anything to do with this particular situation, we should still understand the law regarding becoming a citizen.
so, this excerpt is from Obama's presidency...

Faced by a young person who disproved his claim about his Administration’s treatment of these young people, the President now seemed to concede that students and young people eligible for the DREAM Act are being deported and says that it’s not his responsibility to change that: “America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don’t have a choice about that. That’s part of my job,” he said. When Ramos asked a follow-up question about granting formal administrative relief to undocumented youth, Obama was even more forceful: “There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply, through executive order, ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.”

source

Requirements for conditional resident status

Person must have proof that they entered United States before the age of 16 and must have continuously lived in the country for at least 5 years
Must have graduated from a United States high school or obtained a GED
Person demonstrates good moral character
Pass criminal background checks and reviews
After having obtained and held conditional resident status, permanent residency may be granted if the following requirements have been met in a period of six years.

Requirements for permanent residency

have attended an institution of higher learning or served in the United States military for at least 2 years and if discharged, have received an honorable discharge
pass another series of background checks
continue to demonstrate good moral character
If these requirements are not fulfilled the conditional resident will lose their legal status and be subject to deportation.[3]

source

The laws regarding illegal citizens seem to have been in place before Trump...only now are people seeing/reacting?
Citizens that break the law with children also have hard times concerning their children.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

How is your house any different? A country has borders to protect the countries prosperity. You have a house to protect your prosperity. You are affluent enough to have access to the internet because you hoard resources instead of sharing with everyone. Sell you possessions, sell you computer, spread the wealth equally to every person in the world. If goods can freely flow in and out of your house, shouldn't people be able to? This is a world without borders, and you have erected borders in your personal life at the expense of others.

What do you mean protect the countries prosperity. A country has borders so the wealth can be controlled by an elite few. Do you think properity is something we should measure in economic terms. No its messing up our planet. Its a run away sytem. Close down the banks lets do something different.. Instead of quantity of life lets look at quality.

Yes i am lucky and affulant to have the internet. I have what i need and no more. My nan always said to me know when you have enough. I have a fire, food, love, shelter and the tools to live my everyday life. The tools i have are not just to benefit me they are shared with people when they need them. Along with my experience.

Yes people come into home and i dont need to lock my door. I am lucky enough to live in a remote community. People need each other...

Pop around for a cup of tea sometime!

I don't say this lightly, but I thik you are a liar. Let me repeat what you said.

I have what i need and no more.

You say that while you type on an electronic device online. How dare you assume this is a NEED for life! I have seen people with the bare minimum they need to survive, and trust me, having a computer to type on ATS was way down on the list of things they wanted.

And I bet your computer or phone or whatever you are using was built on the backs of people much poorer than you. So you are using there suffering for your mere entertainment.

You are an elitist. You assume that all that you have is just the right amount, and anyone who owns more is somehow in the wrong. Countries don't have the right to protect or own their stuff, but you have the right to own yours.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

We are nearly all LEGAL immigrants who followed the laws of the land in order to be citizens.

We are defending our borders against criminals who will come here and willingly break our laws. Some for decades like this woman.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yep not one statement about feeling bad for the victim of the crime. You just say she spent 6 months in jail, its over.

You keep talking about how bad you feel for this woman, but again, you still have not expressed any sympathy for the victim of the crime.

And I only bring this up because you accuse me of thinking its wonderful that this woman be deported. If you can level this judgement on me when from my first post I said I felt bad for her family, then its seems equally clear you think its wonderful she stole a womans ID, especially because you haven't said one word about the victim.

The law didn't just change. The law said that illegals that commit felonies must be deported. Obama chose to not enforce the law. She had her time to appeal, its over. As a US citizen, if I am convicted of a crime, do I get to have my sentence commuted while I appeal for an endless amount of years? But for some reason, illegals have that right?

And you think she should have been given time. She was given four years to voluntarily deport and didn't so what makes you think she would have not disappeared if she was told she was out in 6 months?

Is it your contention that she didn't know what could happen when she showed up this time?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

We are defending our borders against criminals who will come here and willingly break our laws

Shame the borders dont keep the criminality in then.. Stop illegally bombing the middle eastern and the immigrants will stop coming.

If you citizens act like it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Funny your rulers are "illegally bombing" the middle east as well.

Keep YOUR criminality in YOUR borders hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Funny your rulers are "illegally bombing" the middle east as well.

Keep YOUR criminality in YOUR borders hypocrite.

Oh dear.. See you have your knickers in a twist.

See the difference between my and you. Is i am not sitting here whinnig thats theres people entering the UK..

Maybe you should look up what the word hypocrite means...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

You mean she had decades to become legal? Cry me a river.

She is legal. When she had her first child here that enabled her to stay here legally. ICE screwed the pooch on this one.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

She is legal. When she had her first child here that enabled her to stay here legally. ICE screwed the pooch on this one.

That is false. Please cite me the law that says that?

The child is legal, but the parent is not.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain

Have you every been to a 3rd world country? You have borders to keep the poor out of rich nations. Nations that have built themselves up through war, or trade. The USA is no excemption. If we were to open our borders wide open, your standard of living, and social services as limited as they are would be overrun, and unable to function. I would rather stay with my current standard of living and fight to keep LEGAL, fair immigration. Not people that jump the line to get in, or should never be let in anyway.

Camain

Yes i have been to thrid world countires.. Have you ever asked why they are poor. Trade regulations and economy move freely.. Why shouldnt people.

You shouldnt have it both ways..

Trade has always been negotiated. Some of the earliest written documents are trade deals. Trade has never moved freely.
Theoretically, money also has borders.
People have borders. Mental health people are always telling people to set boundaries. So why shouldn't people be able to band together and set boundaries?

"Good fences make good neighbors."

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

No such law or regulation.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well bud im not lying. I telling you how it is for me. I dont mind if you beleive me or not.

Yes i have a pc. I use it as tool i live in a remote place and the half the stuff i need or use is not available here or too expensive for me.

I prefer to live a life and enjoy my habitat creation, plants, herbalism, community .

No i dont mind that people have more than me. I mind that people have less and all you seem to care about is the fact that other people may be taking from your country.. A selfish opinion considering the USA is 5% of the worlds population and creating some 20% of the worlds pollution. If peeps keep thinking this way we are going to game over.

Not that i am trying to convince you otherwise... You now have a businessman running the country...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join