It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSUF prof allegedly assaults conservative student on campus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: seasonal

What I do know is that, when presented with clear evidence of violence committed by Trump supporters, many Trump supporters here dismiss it.

What do you think would happen if I presented a video of a Trump rally where it was claimed a Trump supporter assaulted somebody but none of it was on camera?

The double-standard is that I know those same Trump supporters will come on here and talk about how awful it is.

Because the left lie. They've done it so long and so hard that they can't even recall what the truth tastes like any more, only the bitter aftertaste of agenda remains.

If you live you life assuming the worst of the left, they rarely disappoint you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I don't recall riots after Obama was elected.

And I don't recall professors assaulting students for their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

“He continued to engage our group even though some of our members were over the conversation, and finally I turned and saw him lunge for a sign,” she told Campus Reform. “Another member steps in between and he gets shoved, so he shoves back. Professor Canin managed to also push an ASI (student government) student [who was] trying to break up the scuffle.”

Sound like a little pushing match with bruised egos at worst and no indication of who shoved first.

Wonder why the footage was cut at that point???

edit on 2.9.2017 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

A professor should not be putting himself in this position.

I know he wants to be "cool" and "hip", but when things like this get heated anything can happen.

Again who really knows what happened?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

A professor should not be putting himself in this position.

Looks like he was walking to class rather than using his iron man suit to get there.

Now, should he get sucked into an argument with a bunch of protesters? Probably not the best idea for a prof... But he's human.

Anything beyond that is pure speculation. I suspect no one assaulted anyone here other than in the verbal sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

He was playing tit for tat, and usually a repub org protesting is peaceful. I find it with in the realm of possibility that he let his emotions of loosing the election get the best of him. Speculation of course.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

He was playing tit for tat, and usually a repub org protesting is peaceful. I find it with in the realm of possibility that he let his emotions of loosing the election get the best of him. Speculation of course.

It's not like academia doesn't already have form for this. Who can forget Melissa Click's ridiculous actions?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
that`s a good liberal, spreading more of that unity and tolerance they are infamous for.

They all aren`t like that this is just another "isolated" incident of many hundreds or thousands of such "isolated" incidences.
I like to think that most of them are sane civilized people but with more and more of these "isolated" incidences I`m starting to have my doubts.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

“He continued to engage our group even though some of our members were over the conversation, and finally I turned and saw him lunge for a sign,” she told Campus Reform. “Another member steps in between and he gets shoved, so he shoves back. Professor Canin managed to also push an ASI (student government) student [who was] trying to break up the scuffle.”

Sound like a little pushing match with bruised egos at worst and no indication of who shoved first.

Wonder why the footage was cut at that point???

I wonder why it's 2017 and we're still filming vertically.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What a sad, sad road this country is traveling down.
On the one hand, if those on the Right capitulate to the Left..the American way is a goner.
and if we dont..... the left will burn the place to the ground.....scorched earth.

I just dont see this ending well......

Good times are always just one election away......tired of waiting

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Im confused about the craziness that is going on left yelling at right saying they're racist... And the left are unamerican terror threats who are soft and cry.. Funny because both sides cry both sides have good people and bad people...retards and intelligents on both sides...

Personally I'm an individual and don't conform to either side because both ideals have elements of truth. Why don't we focus on the fact that quantum sciences are literally changing our reality that scares me more... But sure let's keep arguing about crowds sizes and random acts of violence on both sides a much better way to spend our time smdh...

Decues to the people who are "awake"

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

One phrase.

24 hour news cycle.

When media news, of whatever sort, became 24 hours a day, seven days a week, tempers and opinions are solidified to the point of being unable and unwilling to change. I'm right, you're wrong, and ever shall that be the case. Before this, when you had to wait 24 hours for the next bit of Walter Cronkite/John Chancellor, or the next days newspaper, people had a chance to cool off, to cogitate on the matter... Thus, problems that weren't really problems went by the board as unimportant.

Now? They, the story of choice, are thrust into our faces constantly via Twitter, You Tube, Facebook, CNN, FoxNews, ABC, NBC, CBS, and any number of other media, including this one. No one has a chance to think for themselves, they allow the "news" to do their thinking for them.

Hey Presto, here we are. Suddenly mockery of the other guys opinion becomes "debate". Name calling is keeping it real.

There's your answer. Agree or disagree, as you will.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I wonder if there are surveillance cameras in the area that could have caught the actual fight. I'd bet it did happen; the Left is promoting violence, stating that violence is "necessary", and we have plenty on video.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It takes two to fight.
And I can see the 'rocket launching Jew haters' offending the recipients of their hatred and violence, and getting into altercation.
Both are equally responsible for the violence, as I see it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Sometimes that is the case.

Often times, it isn't. If I'm casually standing doing nothing untoward and some lunatic decides I make for good target practice, am I somehow at fault? ...if I defend myself, am I suddenly as guilty as the lunatic who attacked me?

I have no idea what the facts of the matter of this are. Personally, I think it rather stupid to attack someone physically for a political opinion...but speaking from personal experience as I was nearly assaulted by a couple of idiots for supposedly looking like a "Trump voter"--I know there are idiots out there who will do precisely that.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

It takes two to fight.
And I can see the 'rocket launching Jew haters' offending the recipients of their hatred and violence, and getting into altercation.

It takes 2 to fight..... no it takes just one.... but can easily grow to include thousands

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran

originally posted by: namelesss

It takes two to fight.

It takes 2 to fight..... no it takes just one....

How so? Ala 'Fight Club'?
If there is just One, there is no one else. One cannot fight oneself, other than emotional dysfunction or Fight Clubbish.
A 'duality' seems necessary.
What am I missing? *__-

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You know exactly what he means.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Sometimes that is the case.

And, sometimes, not.

Often times, it isn't. If I'm casually standing doing nothing untoward and some lunatic decides I make for good target practice, am I somehow at fault?

That term 'at fault' is so baggage laden and vague that it is difficult answering.
By 'at fault', do you mean the 'cause'? The 'inspiration'?

...if I defend myself, am I suddenly as guilty as the lunatic who attacked me?

Guilt is a legal term, is that how you are using it?
Self defense is certainly a 'legal' defense.
But, beyond the superficial legalities of 'guilt' and 'at fault', I again assert that both are necessary for a fight to occur.
If one does nothing but stands there, perhaps the aggressor will tire and weaken in his aggressive insanity?
Perhaps it's your time to die?

Xtian?
WWJD?

It takes TWO to fight, and in that, they are both, to some degree, culpable for the disturbance.

Bye the by, how does one look like a Trump voter? *__-

edit on 10-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Both are wrong. With the difference being the people at Trump rallies went to START trouble. This professor went to START trouble.

Assault is wrong in both cases. However a good analogy would be a Trump supporter at a Hillary rally and assaulting people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join