It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie Launches Bill to Abolish Federal Education Department

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Pictures!

I have pictures!

Okay, I have one. But this might enforce the idea that the DoE is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
a reply to: LuXTeN

Please god, let this bill be passed. I'm on my 4th kid in public school, and it's definitely not getting better.
The fed has no damn buisness playing politics with my kids minds. All they have been doing is attempting to create political opinions in children through lies and manipulative lesson plans that have nothing to do with education.
English is not a requirement for high school graduation in the city I left behind.
How the hell is that unbiased? We had 3 schools just for non-English speaking kids....
I moved for a lot of reasons, this is one of my strongest.
Reading.
Arithmetic. (Math for you millennials)
Literature. (English for you millennials)
Science.
History.
Physical Ed.

All of it without a damn phone or computer!

I agree whole heartedly with you on this. Without understand the basics of what was normal 2 decades ago, Graduates simply have no f'ing clue who they are, or what they want.

Granted, not all know what they want, but atleast before the system was royally dumbed down, people had a coherent understanding of basics like Geometry,Artithmetic, Cursive writing etc. And how 'reason' things out in their head. Now it's all computers and far too easy for people. The entire educational system should be viewed as an assault on young minds not praised.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Nice!! I hope it passes. The federal government was never meant to control education. As it is now, it's propaganda, more than anything else!!

Yes me too, The feds have way too much control, period! It's probably 70 % propaganda (a wild guess) possibly more because of the tight fist this handful of people who I don't trust and do not qualify. It's really time for the silent majority to speak up and push back.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Amazing how far it's fallen. The DoE IS irrelevant when run by scumbags without a clue. Take that new education system put in place during the Obama admin, the one Trump is planning on irradicating (soon i hope). I forget the name of it but it's like teaching kids to think coherently based on incoherent and backwards information.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Nice!! I hope it passes. The federal government was never meant to control education. As it is now, it's propaganda, more than anything else!!

Yes me too, The feds have way too much control, period! It's probably 70 % propaganda (a wild guess) possibly more because of the tight fist this handful of people who I don't trust and do not qualify. It's really time for the silent majority to speak up and push back.

Definitely! I have pictures I took of a local sixth-grade Social Studies book, with a massive amount of data on Islam, and next to nothing on other major faiths. I have seen math problems, in Common Core-rated books, with Islamic principles woven in. Then there is all of the social engineering pushed. Time for a change!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Oh wow, do you still have that book or have access to it? It would be great to see it, copy it and distribute it!

That's borderline creepy and the messed up part of all of it, is that people are defending that crap! HLS! It's gotten so far out of hand now, half the time i don't want to read the headlines.

The Art Of War - this is what they're using and the new Lib agenda was their Tool! Liberals never acted like this until the last decade, or so. Things are way out of wack now, it's crazy.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The DOE was a Jimmy Carter monstrosity. It was signed into law in 1979 and became operational in 1980. Nothing at all to do with Reagan or Bush

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Oh wow, do you still have that book or have access to it? It would be great to see it, copy it and distribute it!

That's borderline creepy and the messed up part of all of it, is that people are defending that crap! HLS! It's gotten so far out of hand now, half the time i don't want to read the headlines.

The Art Of War - this is what they're using and the new Lib agenda was their Tool! Liberals never acted like this until the last decade, or so. Things are way out of wack now, it's crazy.

No, I don't, sorry! Wish I'd scanned the title page when I had it, but was rushed at the time, and forgot later on.

Beyond creepy, truly!

As an aside, no way to star your posts this evening - no idea why! Shows for others, but three of yours, on different threads, no option.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

I agreed with you up until the end. If you think removing access to computers in regards to education for children is a step in the right direction, I have some very bad news for you. Look at all the manufacturing jobs lost to automated systems, with the service industry sector up next on the chopping block. These are jobs that will never come back, ever, no matter how much people complain about it. I saw the writing on the wall when I was coming up, and realized that this was going to be the status quo going forward, not just in easy labor jobs but 80+% of them.

Ask yourself, do you want your children incapable of being on the side that loses a career based on an inability to adapt to future needs? For example, engineers are needed to design these systems, technicians and programmers are needed to troubleshoot them, however the labor class becomes non-existent. I fall on the cusp of Gen-X and millennial, and have seen jobs disappear just in my lifetime, not accounting for those that fall outside of that time-frame. While not forcing children into occupations that they aren't suited for, you really should consider what the future of automation brings for all of us.

As for that, you should also consider what a mind shaped without the aid of computer (automated) systems is able to accomplish. Sure you have your trade craft, until a company like where I work automates it, or your services, until another company automates that. So what career or entrepreneurial opportunities are going to be left for those without those capabilities? It's either adapt or die, and that will come a lot sooner than most are thinking. Not to attack, just to have you consider what is here and what is coming for the sake of your children.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join