It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin decriminalizes domestic abuse? Russian paper tells women to embrace their bruises?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: gladtobehere

Russian newspaper tells women beaten by their husbands to ‘be proud of their bruises’

Only when the men learn to be proud of not having a penis after she cuts it off in his sleep. Or that large dent in the side of his head from a bat.

Turnabout is fair play. If your gonna beat em' expect it back.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ok, we see where you want to go with this :

- Putin is evil.
- Putin and Trump friends.
- Trump is evil.

....., not working.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you for noticing.

I had narrowed the selection down to a few different pics.

Here are some of the ones that came close but didnt quite make it:

edit on 9-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yeah.

I hope that all those russian men learn to sleep with one eye open.

Otherwise they may wake up missing an appendage.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Sure you did. But placed a big pic of Putin pointing a machine gun...
That was the first thing that was a head scratchier for me as well ,especially with the op's disclaimer . And now we are left thinking just what to heck the pic has to do with the story unless its a sly way of making anti-putin/trump points ...I love this site

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Daily Mail article is way out of context of the actual law change... SMH

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thanks I know where you coming from.

Can almost hear Hillary and co, "Putin must go..."

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Sure you did. But placed a big pic of Putin pointing a machine gun...
That was the first thing that was a head scratchier for me as well ,especially with the op's disclaimer . And now we are left thinking just what to heck the pic has to do with the story unless its a sly way of making anti-putin/trump points ...I love this site

Yah, its not obvious at all... is it.

All world leaders not in debt to the World Bank and the IMF must go.

The liberty bell is cracked alright.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sadly the story is true, thus proving Russia is truly run by a bunch of out-of-touch macho men. Very sad.

Also very sad that domestic women's rights groups and Russian media are pretty much silenced and that propaganda outlets like RT.com are pushing low-profile campaign of disinformation and arguing stats e.g. Russian's don't beat their wives. As if people actually believe RT.com! Oh, sorry, people do believe RT.com!

Anyway, here's a bit of reliable analysis.

The Guardian

The amendment would make “moderate” violence within families an administrative rather than criminal offence, punishable by a fine rather than a jail sentence.

Domestic violence is widely acknowledged to be a major problem in Russia, with more than 10,000 women believed to die from injuries inflicted by husbands or partners every year. Activists say police often do not take cases seriously, dismissing complaints from women about violence at home.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its been in the news for a while now, the law change makes it easier for men to get off scott free without a domestic abuse charges.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
um....first of all, even if this story is true its not what you think....

have you ever dated a russian chick? they can dish it out boy...ill tell you what.....

im not sure who would get the worse beating, in all honesty.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
um....first of all, even if this story is true its not what you think....

have you ever dated a russian chick? they can dish it out boy...ill tell you what.....

im not sure who would get the worse beating, in all honesty.

So the russian chick you've dated have been beating you up regularly?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

An ON TOPIC, here is what Putin did

Under the new law, domestic violence that results in “minor harm,” such as small lacerations and bruising, will now be considered a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500 or up to 15 days in jail, the Moscow Times reports. Before Tuesday's amendment, similar offenses carried a penalty of up to two-years in prison.

Second offenses within one year, and cases of extreme violence, will be considered criminal, however.

time.com...

This is FAKE NEWS designed to bring out the anti Russian sentiment and keep America and Russia apart. As you can see, if someone hits a woman in Russia, there are still legal consequences - up to 15 days in jail for that little bruise they might cause.

Putin spoke about this, he was concerned about men who made 'stupid mistakes' were getting criminal records over one time incidents. As you can see, it's a one chance rule. Hit her again within a year and you are suddenly a criminal now, as it ought to be.

edit on 9-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I was going to ask if anyone knew how they were defining "extreme violence" but you know what? It doesn't matter. This is a lesson people should have figured out by five years old (male or female), unless someone is physically attacking you DON'T HIT THEM!

This is a degenerate law, and if you justify it, you are a degenerate as well. Period. Done. It's like the world is being run by toddlers with crowds of toddlers supporting them.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Very bizarre and sad if true.

Maybe he converted to Islam; Russia has many Muslims ..... OR there were so many abuse cases clogging up the legal system that with a stroke of his pen he cleared the case loads.. He does seem to be a bottom line kind of guy, no ? (sarc)

I have heard many stories about some Russian men getting drunk and kicking the dog and beating the wife.. just to do it all over again the next day..

If I were a Russian woman I think I would be very picky with whom I saddled up to..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Natas0114

An ON TOPIC, here is what Putin did

Under the new law, domestic violence that results in “minor harm,” such as small lacerations and bruising, will now be considered a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500 or up to 15 days in jail, the Moscow Times reports. Before Tuesday's amendment, similar offenses carried a penalty of up to two-years in prison.

Second offenses within one year, and cases of extreme violence, will be considered criminal, however.

time.com...

This is FAKE NEWS designed to bring out the anti Russian sentiment and keep America and Russia apart. As you can see, if someone hits a woman in Russia, there are still legal consequences - up to 15 days in jail for that little bruise they might cause.

Putin spoke about this, he was concerned about men who made 'stupid mistakes' were getting criminal records over one time incidents. As you can see, it's a one chance rule. Hit her again within a year and you are suddenly a criminal now, as it ought to be.

Hmm I think it should be more like 10 years, not 1 year. Anyway, men do suffer domestic violence. 1 in 3 woman suffer it in a lifetime and 1 in 4 men suffer it (from an intimate partner). 1 in 5 woman and 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe violence. Half of each suffer from psychological aggression.

Regarding homicide, woman are more likely to go after their intimate partner than men, even though men still account for most homicides--they're 14x more likely to be incarcerated (making 91% of the prisoner population and in some countries as high as 97%):
www.medicaldaily.com - ncadv.org...

Gay and lesbian couples and bisexuals experence about the same frequency. Many studies show lesbians and bisexuals having higher frequencies, especially bisexuals.

I don't know. I do think many people have their lives impacted by "stupid mistakes," including drug offenses. Is that necessarily bad? Also men are stronger than woman and any sort of violence is going to be more dangerous for the woman.
edit on 2/9/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am not sure yous link is correct. I read that Russia was making a special seperate team to deal with issues of domestic violence. This is being done to fast track and deal with the issue.. Not to negate the crime..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Whenever I see articles like this, spouting so much hate towards Russia, Women, White people, Black people, UFOs ( of i'm sorry, lack thereof UFO stories )

I just see it as someone trying to further the hate and divide a world, that is coming together, despite what we see on the news, many around the world know now, that what they see on TV is what the GOVERNMENTS think and feel, it's like watching Titans fight amongst the towns people.

They're tired of your hate, little one.

Time to grow up and grow a mind, utilize it to understand you're not using it enough.

Propaganda was so 1950s.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

As you can see, if someone hits a woman in Russia, there are still legal consequences - up to 15 days in jail for that little bruise they might cause.

Way to attempt to normalize/trivialize domestic violence. Divorcee or wife beater?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Way to attempt to normalize/trivialize domestic violence. Divorcee or wife beater?

Check your sources you have the wrong end of the stick. It is being done to fast track domestic violence so that it can be dealt with. It is seen as an issue..

Happy days to you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join