It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristol: It's the white working classes fault because they've become decadent, lazy and spoiled.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

"Look, to be totally honest, if things are so bad as you say with the white working class, don’t you want to get new Americans in?"

It's hard to believe he actually believes that. And the left talks about an alternate reality?

That elitist garbage is just nauseating.
edit on 9-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

What are his thoughts on the black working class?

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a chubby dude telling me I am lazy.

EAT A #.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

An Eastern Ivory Tower Elitist speaks his mind.
He'll regret those words.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

A healthy middle class is the engine that drives the 'ocracy', the smaller rich and poor 'class' are sustained by it at either end of the spectrum.

As long as the middle class is large the economy is healthy. Got nothing to do with skin color, bigots, a middle class is the working class, not 'lazy' by any means. How can they go to work everyday all day and be called 'lazy'?

The forces that want to destroy the middle class want to divide the economy into two classes, the serfs and the rich, no middle class. They speak from greed, they want it all for themselves with everyone a poor slave at their feet.

F--- them.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ya hear that ya lazy bastards!?! You're only working 60 - 80 hours a week to feed your family. And you better not be enjoying any of that money on what little time you do have off.
Back To Work!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I tried really hard to get what he was saying but it's impossible unless you believe in a premise wherein every working class family is a complete success story within three generations.

If that's what he's saying, he is completely out of touch.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yet another turd who was born into $$$.. Yeah, what He has to slur is relevant.. He can piss up a rope.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Rich white men declaring class warfare against the white working class.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Yet another turd who was born into $$$.. Yeah, what He has to slur is relevant.. He can piss up a rope.

That reminds me of Trump.

A rich elitist, born into extreme wealth, that "understands the average American and represents them."

LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think you have to take everything he said in full-context:

You can make a case that America has been great because every—I think John Adams said this—basically if you’re a free society, a capitalist society, after two or three generations of hard work everyone becomes kind of decadent, lazy, spoiled—whatever. Then, luckily, you have these waves of people coming in from Italy, Ireland, Russia, and now Mexico, who really want to work hard and really want to succeed and really want their kids to live better lives than them and aren’t sort of clipping coupons or hoping that they can hang on and meanwhile grew up as spoiled kids and so forth. In that respect, I don’t know how this moment is that different from the early 20th century.

He may not have stated his thoughts very well, but I think he is correct in saying that historically immigrants bring with them a certain drive, or push, for the "American dream" that many non-immigrant Americans may not have.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I work just as hard as anyone cut the bs narrative that only immigrants work hard.

You might be a lazy scumbag.

I am not.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I worked construction, there are many good workers out there that are white. There are also a lot of people who just sit behind a desk or work on a computer or sell things that think they are better and more deserving than the people who work hard and risk getting hurt in their jobs.

Yes, our society is disconnected from reality. We have a lot of people who will work hard not to get something done. I am a residential builder and know there are lots of people like that, finding good workers is not that hard though. You don't take a person with a degree and put them building a house, they have to be reconditioned to want to work and produce something, to see what their hard work produces..

I didn't hire people who had degrees, it is a waste of my effort. I hired one one time and it seems the person thought he knew a lot more than they did. Also people who grow up in the big city also have that think they know everything attitude more than the normal youth.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
this is just more of that liberal propaganda meant to divide us, there was no reason to add "white" to the working class statement other than to divide people.

have you noticed that liberals always add a label ( white, racist, rich, poor, sexist, etc) when they are trying to make their point?

if you haven`t noticed that pay attention and you will notice it.even that old hag in congress tried to do it during the confirmation hearings and the senate had to shut her down and gag her.

for people who claim to want unity and tolerance liberals sure do say a lot of intolerant and divisive things.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Ya hear that ya lazy bastards!?! You're only working 60 - 80 hours a week to feed your family. And you better not be enjoying any of that money on what little time you do have off.
Back To Work!!

Good lord man, I think you must be related to my wife....
Lol

link   
Fat boy would keel over if he had to do any actual work . Probably gets winded walking more then five steps keeping him from getting out and seeing people do real work .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The video provides the full context. Seeing his words in text does not improve upon them. Moreover what you say is NOT what he says. He specifically identifies WHITE working class Americans. But even if he had expanded it to all working middle class Americans, his view still makes no sense and remains just as outrageous.

If you're working and finding you have to clip coupons, why does that make you decadent, lazy and spoiled? What, immigrants don't equally struggle????

He is a jackass of the highest order.

edit on 9-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
He may not have stated his thoughts very well, but I think he is correct in saying that historically immigrants bring with them a certain drive, or push, for the "American dream" that many non-immigrant Americans may not have.

Historically is the key word there. That problem is that it's not that way anymore.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

As I said, he did not state it very well, but I believe he was talking about the "hunger" immigrants can have when they come to this country.

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: introvert

Historically is the key word there. That problem is that it's not that way anymore.

What makes you say that? I deal with immigrants daily and I see that motivation consistently.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No different than saying that people on welfare are all on drugs and gaming the system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join