It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smile!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Priorities change as one gets older.

I'm just giddy that . . . once again, I woke up.

YAY!

Cheated Death once again! Haha!

Nothing better than waking up alive mate...

Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy feeling...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Don't knock waking up dead until you've tried it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's always such bull when people say this

Have you ever thought that first world people can have really heavy problems? Maybe szino9 has things going on none of us can understand. I'm not saying it's so extreme, but I know a clinical director who works full time and makes a solid 80k a year who looks rough some days. Now I could grunt out a "smile" or I could mind my own business and leave other people alone.

The benefit of leaving her alone is that now I won't make her feel worse...seeing as she was a sexual assault victim.

She can walk....
She has a job...a really good job
She has lovely children
a house....TV.....car...and even has a horse for goodness sake...I have one too....they are very much first world successes and allowances. Sure I earned it, but still first world.

But the whole first world BS is so overdone....an instant excuse to ignore everything that could be going on in an ugly, but still first world or in people's personal lives all to play the pain Olympics. Because a child in Ghana is starving and near death or because the kid in Nepal I saw who had legitimate leprosy....I can't allow myself pain.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe she was trying to startle a smile out of you?

I had a chemstry teacher who used to bark quite a bit but it was never in a mean way. He jsut did it because it was his favorite way of provoking a sudden and honest response out of high school students who were sometimes not the most attentive of students.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's always hard to react to someone forcing reactions on you. Basically she shocked you in a dark mood to appear happy. That's pretty hard to react positively to.

I've worked around a number of odd people in my days and nobody has yelled at me to smile yet, thnx for sharing

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have always added 2 other words to this and it usually gets positive reactions.

Smile and nod.

It addresses so many issues that I come into contact with daily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join