It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers' letter to DoJ condemns Trump's 'destructive' attacks on judiciary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

A group of lawyers have written a letter to the heads of the Department of Justice to complain about the President's attacks on the judiciary.

"Lawyers across the political spectrum believe that the President's personal attacks on individual judges and on the judicial branch are improper and destructive.

"Because judges face ethical constraints in their ability to respond directly, the letter calls on the President to retract and end such personal attacks."

Lawyers' letter to DoJ condemns Trump's 'destructive' attacks on judiciary

It looks like Trump is going to be sued a lot during his tenure as POTUS. I don't know how anyone can look at the story linked above and not think this is bad news for him.

Do you think that judges are above swinging a judgment one or another based on their personal opinions?

The last thing Trump should want is to make enemies with the people who act essentially as his supervisors.

Making an enemy with your boss is insanity. I suspect Trump may not know that because he's never had a boss before.

You would have thought that Trump would have learned the wisdom of the old saying "loose lips sink ships" by now. Is it just me or does he frequently seem to have no real-world experience whatsoever?

This story should be a wake-up call for Trump. Let's just hope he's not so egotistical that he's incapable of learning and improving.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Making the public doubt about the integrity of justice and press is the hallmark of many dictators worldwide. Counter-powers are necessary for a healthy society, whether it hurts Trump fragile ego or not.

It's still too early for the American public to fully realize it, especially those who voted for him who will have a very hard time accepting it (cognitive dissonance and all), but Trump appears more like a dictator with a narcissistic personality disorder every day (he was also described as such in his business life).

I don't think I need to educate ATS on what happens in countries with such people in power.
edit on 9-2-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It may also be a wake-up call to the Judiciary.

They are politically biased, now more than ever.

We have all seen stupid decisions time after time.

Perhaps they know that a fight is coming and are trying to take the high ground.

The entire system needs an overhaul.

That is my opinion.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

It's the president who chooses the judges of the Supreme Court. it's hypocritical from Trump to claim the Judiciary is politically biased. It's in the DNA of the US, and he wouldn't complain about it when the judges share his political views.

He's just whining like usual that not everyone thinks his decisions are great. He should grow up.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
"A group of lawyers have written a letter to the heads of the Department of Justice to complain about the President's attacks on the judiciary."
I like this 'Trump' guy more and more everyday. 'A group of lawyers' is the beginning of much of modern humanity's problems.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFartMaking the public doubt about the integrity of justice and press is the hallmark of many dictators worldwide.
Banana republics/dictators respond like you. No one needs to make any marginally rational human being skeptical of anoither. Your blind faith in extrajudicial (illegal) court proceedings is destuctive. What US court has jurisdiction outside of the country? Answer is none. These people aren't here, therefore no power to the judges. These cases cannot be more clear. The blind deranged hatred is quite frankly disgusting to witness.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

originally posted by: pheonix358

It's the president who chooses the judges of the Supreme Court. it's hypocritical from Trump to claim the Judiciary is politically biased. It's in the DNA of the US, and he wouldn't complain about it when the judges share his political views.

He's just whining like usual that not everyone thinks his decisions are great. He should grow up.

OH BS!

First off he didn't attack the Supreme Court.
Secondly due to very biased court rulings Judges in effect have been using rulings to MAKE LAW. Something they are not elected to do. It's been a problem for what? 20 years now?

Then you have to take into account who wrote the letter to the DOJ. Lawyers, yep, no one likes them and in the last 15 years there is a glut of them. It's an over saturated market.

Whiney Lawyers you say?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gription
a reply to: SpaceGoatFartMaking the public doubt about the integrity of justice and press is the hallmark of many dictators worldwide.
Banana republics/dictators respond like you. No one needs to make any marginally rational human being skeptical of anoither. Your blind faith in extrajudicial (illegal) court proceedings is destuctive. What US court has jurisdiction outside of the country? Answer is none. These people aren't here, therefore no power to the judges. These cases cannot be more clear. The blind deranged hatred is quite frankly disgusting to witness.

I'm sorry for your cognitive dissonance preventing you from seeing that Trump is systematically attacking the integrity of anyone and anything disagreeing with him. That's just a hard fact that he exposes for the whole world to see in his twitter rants.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Secondly due to very biased court rulings Judges in effect have been using rulings to MAKE LAW. Something they are not elected to do. It's been a problem for what? 20 years now?

Exactly, the problem isn't that the judiciary is politically biased. It's that the US judiciary and political system is a mess.

Trump should choose his battles better.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Whenever I vote, there are 2 or 3 pages of nothing but judges. Judges with nobody running against them. You either put an "x" next to their name, or leave the box empty.

With that kind of power, they probably think they're little gods. You never see Federal or Supreme Court judges allowing themselves to be interviewed, do you?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Where do you get this notion that judges are Trumps boss? Sorry they are not!

These judges that you are referring to have over stepped their bounds and should all be terminated!

Trump was elected boss of the U.S. by we the people! The left doesn't seem to care about we the people. They seem to want to make it an issue of us and them. They don't seem to understand that we dealt with their piece of crap Obama for 8 years. Did we cry about it? No we did not. Did we burn the town down? No we did not! What a bunch of cry-baby snowflakes.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: just because

Why did you post this story twice? Both in the mud-pit as well. Were you not getting the responses you had hoped for on the other thread?
edit on 9-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: question on why he posted essentually the same thread twice

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You never see Federal or Supreme Court judges allowing themselves to be interviewed, do you?

Actually, I do. It's simply a matter of paying attention.

It took a whole 10 seconds to find this interview with Chief Justice Roberts, and there are plenty more with him and other justices.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart
I have experienced "cognitive dissonance" in the past as have most. I do believe you are projecting in this case.
1. Why is Obama's country list from 2015 suddenly racist?
2. What US court has jurisdiction outside of the USA? Before they arrive they are outside.
3. Do you prefer redacted/blacked out backroom dealings in government or a tweet heads up?
You complain about his open honest reactions, WTH are you doing on a conspiracy site?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Looks like someone got...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

triggered

YEAAAAAAAAAAH

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Where do you get this notion that judges are Trumps boss? Sorry they are not!

These judges that you are referring to have over stepped their bounds and should all be terminated!

Trump was elected boss of the U.S. by we the people! The left doesn't seem to care about we the people. They seem to want to make it an issue of us and them. They don't seem to understand that we dealt with their piece of crap Obama for 8 years. Did we cry about it? No we did not. Did we burn the town down? No we did not! What a bunch of cry-baby snowflakes.

Why did you post this story twice? Both in the mud-pit as well. Were you not getting the responses you had hoped for on the other thread?
Sigh. Where to start here? Maybe not you personally (but probably yeah, you personally) cried about it for 8 straight years. Trump was elected by the electoral college, not we the people. Without hyperbole the majority of people voted for someone else. YOU'RE the one making this Us vs Them. Now I know you've had a long day buttercup. Getting triggered so easily will do that to you. Now have a bottle and you can take a nap.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It's the president who chooses the judges of the Supreme Court

I think that's kind of the point. The whole system has shifted away from the concerns of a substantial portion of the population, substantial enough to elect someone like Trump.

He's basically a Molotov to the existing system. I don't think his attacks are hypocritical, they seem in line with everything else he's doing, regardless of how tasteful it may be.
edit on 9-2-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Wrong again snowflake Trump was constitutionally elected! Exactly the way it is supposed to work!

The left are the ones burning crap and crying in the streets.

Get real. Go to Canada or something.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This story should be a wake-up call for Trump. Let's just hope he's not so egotistical that he's incapable of learning and improving.

Yeah
first amendment is only for some no?

new topics

top topics

join