It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Contractor Indicted Over Mammoth Theft of Classified Data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm sorry, this question is off topic, but it suddenly popped into my mind, and now I'm very curious to know:

Have you ever heard of anyone taking a polygraph being so nervous just due to the experience, that they got accused of something they didn't do?

I just can imagine myself getting so worked up at being required to do a polygraph, that I'd be sweating and shaking, with my heart pounding all the way thru..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Not surprised. I worked for a contractor once after my work in government and he kept classified materiel in a secured/alarmed room that we would have to access before going out on certain jobs. You were not supposed to remove it from the room. But, this idiot had a copy machine in the room and I had seen others copy material and take it with them. So I don't think contractors should necessarily have the kind of access they have.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Do you think it is likely that he will be convicted on all twenty counts?

It's really going to have everything to do with how well the defense negotiates with the prosecution. They may make a deal to reduce the counts and the penalty ceiling depending on whether the info was leaked to anyone, stored in a way it could have been copied surreptitiously, stolen with ill-intent, blah-blah-blah-blah.

If his behavior was something like a kleptomaniac, the max they'll probably hammer him with is ten years and a $250K fine. That is, if he cooperates from the outset and can convince the prosecutors he never had intent to do Anything other than hoard the documents. Somehow ... I don't think this is going to be the case.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

That's not going to happen. The examiners know people come in nervous. There's a fairly strict protocol they follow.

My line of work often paralleled what a polygrapher does. I wasn't an examiner, but I know more than a handful of them. My best friend is an active examiner.

If the situation was as you've described, it would be more than you, the machine and the examiner involved. Some other folks would be called in to observe ... and everything would be so above-board that if they caught you ... they'd have a rock-solid case. You would then be turned over for prosecution (good) or over to exploitation (very Very bad). ☜ We don't talk about anything after that little dot. LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thank you for that reply, it's always nice to have one's curiosity satisfied by an expert!!

"exploitation"....hmmm, I think I can guess what that means - "very Very bad", indeed - maybe even worse than prison..

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'm curious to see if they do find he was linked to the leak
of NSA software on the black web.

Read somewhere ( cant find it now dang ) that they caught him
accessing the web, which is maybe how they finally got him.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
I'm curious to see if they do find he was linked to the leak of NSA software on the black web.

I haven't heard of that. What software did they lose control of ... and when?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Still cant find that older article yet, here
is a new one.

searchsecurity.techtarget.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Still cant find that older article yet, here is a new one.

searchsecurity.techtarget.com...

Man ... this is good stuff ... it deserves a better thread than this one turned out to be. Go start it!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Crazy stuff huh?

I mean, this could be linked to the Shadow Broker thing,
and who knows what else?

Keep this one going! I am sure there will be many new
developments, I'll add em as I find em.

edit on 10-2-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

When the FBI does your initial polygraph, it is a called a full scope polygraph.

It is not a pleasant experience by any means.

No, no it isn't. Have they started asking you to list out your social media aliases and passwords yet, then ask you if you were complete on that during the poly, or it is special for ME after the 2004 thing?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

NSA, National SECURITY Agency, victim of 20 years of theft of CLASSIFIED data. Hmmmm, oxymoron anyone? Or just morons who can't even protect their own agency. Ridiculous that this went on for so long.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I think I'd pay an admission fee to sit in the room during yours.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
meanwhile the Killary is wild and free

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join