It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions Confirmed as U.S. Attorney General After Battle With Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Kharron

So the naacp gives awards that are meaningless?
Or is it just this one because sessions got it?

blog.al.com...

The civil rights movement in Mobile, like many Southern cities, suffers from a lack of proper perspective. Places like Mobile were the crucial battlegrounds where the true meaning of black equality was hammered out, away from news cameras and long after the violence in Birmingham, Montgomery and Selma abated.

Yes, long after.

And it's a joke, don't everybody get triggered. Alabama isn't exactly known for civil rights. And maybe the wooden plaque is genuine, but I'd rather look at the man's actions and allegiances than words and plaques. I don't know, call me conspiratorial.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

WOW
So the naacp is now NOT an authority on civil rights.

So what is the joke? the award or your post?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You know, the funniest thing about this whole thing is usually you have one person that everyone thinks is the antichrist, is the very epitome of evil and we focus on that person.

Now we just don't know. It's effing hilarious.

Is it the CEO of an oil company who will screw everyone? Or is it the shrouded right hand man whose goal is anarchy? Or maybe it's the education that will end us in the end? Or is it the white supremacist in the AG office? There are so many!

And with the right hand man and Sessions both also anti-Semites, this isn't starting to look good for Israel either.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

WOW
So the naacp is now NOT an authority on civil rights.

So what is the joke? the award or your post?

Well, so far it looks like the award is a joke but NAACP will continue investigating they say.

Snopes

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Come on guys, does no one else see the joke in Alabama giving an award for civil rights? And it seems it was really a joke as NAACP has no record of it according to them.

But I saw he was from Australia so I felt I had to explain the history a bit.

It's so funny, it's like a labor camp handing out awards for efficacy.

edit on 9-2-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

its not like 2009 was ancient times
this should be pretty easy to prove or disprove

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

its not like 2009 was ancient times
this should be pretty easy to prove or disprove

It has been. There is no record of the award. No such award even exists an no person has ever been given one.

That's why I linked the Snopes report. But NAACP say they will continue investigating.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm trying to imagine the guy, or girl, who pulled this prank. Hopefully a black dude. And he's sitting there all this time waiting for the prank to go live and laughing his ass off now. Sessions, an award for civil rights!

Or maybe it wasn't a prank. Maybe someone above told Sessions to make it.

"Trust me, just do it yourself. I make my own doctor's reports."
edit on 9-2-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Congratulations to new Attorney General Jeff Sessions. A massive win for law and order and the country as a whole. Another crushing defeat for Democrats.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You think he or his office is stupid enough to make up that award from 2009?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You think he or his office is stupid enough to make up that award from 2009?

I don't know how stupid his staff is or not. It's definitely possible, isn't it? Given that the award is not real.

Or maybe it was just mailed in and he opened it years ago and went "Oh look, I'm great!" and didn't get the joke. And now they say they found it as a part of office cleaning and the joke went public.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Given that the award is not real.

Source?
Last you posted the naacp was investigating. Have they finished or did you find another source?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I linked it for you, but alright I'll quote it.

However, the above-displayed award has some curious aspects to it. For instance, we found no record of anyone else’s having received an “NAACP Governmental Award of Excellence,” nor were we able to locate any reports (from 2009 or otherwise) regarding the NAACP’s honoring Sessions with such an award.

When we reached out to the NAACP for more information about the award, a staffer confirmed to us that the national NAACP office does not give out an award by that name as part of their regular honors.

On 9 February 2017, the NAACP released a statement regarding Sessions’ alleged award, saying that they “have strong reasons to doubt that any such award was given to Senator Sessions”:

“The NAACP is composed of more than 2,000 local and state units around the country. Upon learning of the allegation that one of those units bestowed an award on Senator Jefferson Sessions in 2009, the National Office of the NAACP immediately undertook an investigation. While we already have strong reasons to doubt that any such award was given to Senator Sessions, we will continue our investigation until we are confident that we know all of the facts. What remains true and unchanged is the NAACP’s strong opposition to the nomination of Senator Sessions to become the next Attorney General of the United States. The NAACP’s position against Senator Sessions is based on his decades of conduct as a prosecutor and, later, U.S. Senator from the State of Alabama. In matters of civil and human rights, civil liberties, fair policing, voting rights, sentencing fairness, women’s rights, hate crimes and more, Senator Sessions has repeatedly demonstrated that he is clearly unsuited to perform the duties of an Attorney General in these crucial times.”

So far there is NO proof of the award existing, but the investigation will continue to see what happened. Maybe a some local person issued it all rogue like, who knows. Or maybe it's a joke that it seems it is to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So far there is NO proof of the award existing, but the investigation will continue to see what happened.

Other than the picture of the award his office provided.

or this.....www.al.com...

Jimmy Gardner, the current mayor of Prichard who was president of the Mobile NAACP chapter at that time, said he believes the award was given by the Alabama state conference. "There were several governmental folks who were awarded for their work and what they had done," said Gardner, adding that he was unclear as to why Sessions was honored. "It was based on their work.

So you have someone who was president of the mobile chapter of the naacp on record.
edit on 9/2/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

the convention actually took place as well
blog.al.com...
edit on 9/2/2017 by shooterbrody because: derp sources

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
These are some of the reasons that Sessions received the NAACP award:

In Alabama, Jeff Sessions Desegregated Schools and Got the Death Penalty for KKK Murderer

These accusations all center around the bruising judicial nomination process Sessions went through in 1986.
Ultimately, the charges were no more than hearsay.

However, it's worth noting that Senator Ted Kennedy, on the Senate judiciary committee at the time, seemed heavily invested in tanking Sessions nomination.
Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted Klansman Henry Francis Hays, son of Alabama Klan leader Bennie Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A bit of foreshadowing?

The first executive order with Sessions was to prevent international trafficking.
mobile.twitter.com...

No wonder Chuck E. Schumer is feeling so much anxiety on this National Pizza Day.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Did anyone see Sessions first appearance at the Justice Department? Flanked by four secret service agents as he made his entrance. It was kind of bizarre. So he needs security at the DOJ?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Snarl

This is awful. Sessions is the worst person for this job! I can't believe this fan of the Drug war is being celebrated for his nomination. Of course Trump picked him, therefore there is no need to question the choice right?

I'll denounce him if all he wants to do is enforce the old status quo. The War on Drugs should go the same direction Politically Correct just took on these boards >> Turn right >> Down the hall >> Out the door, please.

What I do see in sessions is a guy who won't back away from prosecuting a Crime. Hillary committed Crimes. I want Hillary behind bars for those crimes. I was glad Bradley Manning went to jail for mishandling classified information. I want Hillary to get the same 35 year sentence. FWIW, I hope Petraeus' crimes are re-surfaced and he gets to go to jail for 35 years with Hillary.

You know ... if it was you or me who did that, we'd be doing time next to 'chelsea' ... only my sentence wouldn't have been commuted.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
These are some of the reasons that Sessions received the NAACP award:

In Alabama, Jeff Sessions Desegregated Schools and Got the Death Penalty for KKK Murderer

These accusations all center around the bruising judicial nomination process Sessions went through in 1986.
Ultimately, the charges were no more than hearsay.

However, it's worth noting that Senator Ted Kennedy, on the Senate judiciary committee at the time, seemed heavily invested in tanking Sessions nomination.
Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted Klansman Henry Francis Hays, son of Alabama Klan leader Bennie Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

Some of the lies by the Democrat senators were scandalous. They tries to claim he was against the voting rights act because he used the work 'intrusive', yet he actually said it was necessarily intrusive and he supported it. They just missed that last part out.

Still, they lost. He is now AG.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join