It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Letter Reveals Staggering Number Of Murders By Illegal Aliens With Previous Criminal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

A letter written by the Senate Judiciary Committee in June 2015 to DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson, Secretary of State John Kerry and Attorney General Loretta Lynch reveals news facts about the number and nature of crimes committed by illegal immigrants who had already been convicted of other crimes but were released back into the public either because their home country would not accept their deportation and/or because they exceeded a Supreme Court mandate prohibiting detention of deportable foreign nationals beyond six months.

According to the letter, published by the Miami Herald, statistics provided by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirm that 121 homicides were committed in the U.S. between 2010-2014 by illegal immigrants who had already been convicted of a crime but were released back into society due to limitations on their detention. In addition, ICE confirmed that of the 36,007 criminal aliens released from custody in 2013, 1,000 of them had already been convicted of new crimes as of June 2015.

www.zerohedge.com...

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This shows how dumb the idea of sanctuary cities are. They act like nothing bad ever happens, but here are over 100 murders that could have been avoided if we had the mechanism set up to deport these violent criminals.

But apparently virtue signaling how pro immigrant they are is more important to these cities than the people that may die as a result of there inaction.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see how Boulder, CO fairs.

They just claimed they were a sanctuary city, but they also have a high population of concealed carry permits.

Same with several other towns in Colorado.

Tho, it doesn't surprise me, I mean they're already breaking the law, what is to really stop them from escalating.

Illegal immigration is a gateway crime.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
These criminals that keep coming here committing crimes, get arrested and released, are the ones smuggling guns, drugs and undocumented workers.

The slaves feed Big Agro slave labor pool here, the drugs and guns drive the US justice system.

Round and round.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

the mayor of the city across the bay from ours recently declared their city a sanctuary city in his blog. That city happens to have higher crime, poverty, and budget issues than we do. Go figure. As a result, I will no longer visit the beaches in St. Petersburg. Instead I will continue to frequent Tarpon Springs, Caledesi Island, and Ft. De Soto state park. Clearwater is way too overcrowded nowadays anyways. The ones between St. Pete and Clearwater are nice too though. Reddington shores, madeira beach, indian rocks, treasure island are a handful of choices when avoiding the new sanctuary city in Florida.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Most of these immigrant convicts are nationals of 23 countries described by ICE as “recalcitrant” because they routinely refuse to take back deportables. The bulk of these immigrant convicts in 2014 — 1,183 — were from Cuba, according to the letter.
www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

So, wet foot/dry foot? Bad idea?

Like Trump said about health care, immigration is "complicated."

edit on 2/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes, it is very bad. That is why Obama actually did something respectable and ended that policy on his way out. A Thumbs up to him for that. Something that Trump can agree with.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You just drive down the barrier island spanse between St. Pete & Clearwater beaches (the ending landing zones that they are), and there's all the spots every few blocks you can pull in and park for free. It's typical that you'll walk up and there will hardly be a person around, while its worth it for the scenic drive anyhow.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Most of these immigrant convicts are nationals of 23 countries described by ICE as “recalcitrant” because they routinely refuse to take back deportables. The bulk of these immigrant convicts in 2014 — 1,183 — were from Cuba, according to the letter.
www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

Like Trump said about health care, immigration is "complicated."

I have always thought it was a bad idea, a sick one too. Making people so desperate they are willing to risk their lives to come here.

Citizenship should be earned, not awarded like a prize, or give away without second thought.

Doing so not only cheapens the whole idea of citizenship, it completely makes it into a game with little meaning except to those who don't have it; but then again, why worry about it when you can just be here illegally, and reap loads more benefits then the actual citizens?

People coming to this country, via illegal means or as refugees seem to be getting more then it's citizens, in benefits.

I mean, no where else can you just "wash up" and be given free money, a home, and free food etc; but if you were born here or took the courses to be a citizen, your just left out in the cold, and told to work harder.

link   
Some illegal immigrant will be shot and killed during a robbery and these same,lame leftist will just call for more gun control!a reply to: Cygnis

link   
You possess so much cognitive dissonance that it's hard to imagine you rely on your own word.

You have your own bat signal for God's sake. Use it for honesty instead of for being the devil's advocate.

ETA this was a response to Phage.
edit on 2/8/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

edit on 822017 by Snarl because: Sorry.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Some illegal immigrant will be shot and killed during a robbery and these same,lame leftist will just call for more gun control!a reply to: Cygnis

Indeed, because refugees and illegals, somehow, hold more value then the rightful citizens who live and die here do.

Very sick, when self-defense if demonized.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I used to do that down by the Skyway bridge rest areas, but the waters there are actually not that enjoyable. Lately the family has become fond of the ferry ride from Honeymoon Island to Caladesi, although Howard Park beach is still our main go to beach. South Pinellas beaches have really been getting crowded over the years. Also, the sea grass beds in the North Pinellas coastline makes the beach that much more enjoyable. I can pull fresh scallops right from the water! But only during the season of course ...

Anyways, Sanctuary City = very bad! I can already see an impending turf war between the gangs there now and the impending arrival of illegals and their drug cartel resources. You know its not the best parts of town when Wal-Mart has to shut down because it cannot afford to stay open in a high density neighborhood without even having any real competitors close by!
a reply to: Snarl

Well I do not frequent Clearwater beach much anymore because of how overcrowded I feel it is becoming. As far as the city itself, it seems rather clean and neatly operated. 10,000 seems like a big number though. I assume your friend lives somewhere along the SR 60 corridor if he believes he will have a hard time selling. Nothing listed close to the coast ever stays on the market for long. At least they don't live in St. Pete
, although some of my friends here prefer partying there vs Tampa.

To each their own I suppose. I wonder if CW is aware the Mayor made that declaration??
edit on 2-8-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Citizenship should be earned, not awarded like a prize, or give away without second thought.

Cubans did not get automatic citizenship.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Cubans did not get automatic citizenship.

Not automatic, but they were allowed to languish for a year, and then pursue citizenship.

Not much difference, imo, since they were allowed to stay, etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Not automatic, but they were allowed to languish for a year, and then pursue citizenship.
Actually, no immigrant can apply for citizenship until they have been in the country for at least 5 years.
www.uscis.gov...
edit on 2/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That does not stop them from getting a lot of free perks that us citizens would not get. I worked with a friend who came to the USA from Cuba by way of winning some lottery drawing the state has over there. He disclosed to me a number of free programs from housing assistance to heavily subsidized education that was only available strictly to Cuban folks. Those were his claims, and I did not research them. I personally believed he was just trying to be cheesy and annoying by showing off his nationality welfare, but it would not surprise me if true.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

ccording to the letter, published by the Miami Herald, statistics provided by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirm that 121 homicides were committed in the U.S. between 2010-2014 by illegal immigrants who had already been convicted of a crime but were released back into society due to limitations on their detention.

That's a real nasty statistic. A powerful talking point for reform.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

edit on 822017 by Snarl because: off topic. apologies.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join