It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer: Nordstrom Dropping Ivanka Trump's Line Is 'Direct Attack' On President Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I won't be shopping at The Rack anymore. I guess it's full on Cabelas gear for me from now on. Too bad. I rather enjoyed dressing in nicer clothes. 5.11 tactical I guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Don't know if this is allowed but-my favorite joke for 30 years:

A African American lady was trying on a hat at Nordstroms.

A snooty white saleslady noticed her trying the hat on and walked to her and said "Mam, I don't believe you will find what you are looking for here."

And the stylish buyer responded, "You're right. It does make me look a little Jewish."

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You know as well as I do that Trump's stock market rise is a pump and dump. Not to mention that the market lost about $150 billion when his muslim ban became an issue.

By the way, the numbers helping "trump's" stock market rise are because of Obama's policies.

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Stock goes up 4%. Looks like wall street thinks that dropping the brand was good for the company. End of debate.

Didnt stocks also go up when Trump was elected? If Im not mistaken didnt they climb to record numbers?

Does that also mean Wall Street and its backers think Trump is good for America?

So Obamas policies have encouraged people into this pump and dump as you call it?

Funny how in the course of just 3 sentences it went from being bad and Trumps fault to good and Obamas hard work.
Not even something similar but the exact same thing you somehow managed to totally flip to polar opposites with nothing but a fake news headline inbetween them.

By the way when you say $150 billion what percentage of the market is that?
It sounds like crazy big money but I imagine if that was the case it would have had its own thread by now?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Hi,

Did George Soros order Nordstroms to drop Ivanka's line?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Stock goes up 4%. Looks like wall street thinks that dropping the brand was good for the company. End of debate.

I'm always amused when somebody says "end of debate" after posting something that in no way ends the debate.
Time will tell if dropping the brand was good for the company.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The honorable office of the president of the united states has spoken.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is the kind o nonsense that I can see impeachment actually happening for. It is a massive failure in ethics on the part of his administration to leverage the Presidential Seal for business advantage.

They all do it. But not on national television.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I read about this earlier, but your OP reminded me...

I just emailed Nordstrom to tell them that I will NEVER shop at their store or online again.
Which is a shame, because they recently opened a store near me.
I told them that I will not shop there because of their animosity toward Ivanka Trump and her father, and because they have politicized their business.

If they are going to choose sides in politics, and it is not the side many agree with, then they are going to lose customers.

Lol good luck losing half your sales nordstroms! Who do you think buys clothing from their very pricey, very "white clothing" store? I'm sure latinos and black people are going to line up to pay 200 dollars for some uggs because of nordstroms political stance lol. They basically screwed themselves!

Nordstrom has great sales.

Really great sales.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I figured the conservatives would support Nordstom's decision. This is actually capitalism at work. They are choosing to not purchase a product (in this case Ivanka's) because of what they believe and that there are better ways for them to spend their money (i.e. - the power in purchasing). Is that not the power of capitalism? Or do you want the government to step in and regulate/advise corporations on what they should buy, and specifically that they should purchase something from an immediate family member?

In Trump's case, this is a heavy ethics violation.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A NORDSTROM BOYCOTT began shortly after President Trump beat Hillary Clinton. Nordstrom responded that it would continue selling Ivanka Trump's clothing line, despite the boycott. My guess is that the boycott really ramped up after the huge "Angry Women" multi-nation march/protest 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, here's what Nordstrom said on November 22, 2016..

""In the era of the first business mogul-as-President-elect, protest is becoming as much about the power of the purse as it is about marching down the street with a sign. And companies are being caught in the middle, especially those that count both blue and red buyers among their customers.

Nordstrom is a prime example, having been targeted by the #grabyourwallet movement, which urges people to boycott the department store chain and many other retailers for carrying Ivanka Trump or Trump Organization products. Macy's, for example, stopped selling Donald Trump clothing months ago (although not Ivanka Trump products).

But despite the announced boycott, Nordstrom has affirmed it will keep selling the Ivanka Trump line as well (it never carried Donald Trump clothing).

In an email sent to employees by company co-President Pete Nordstrom on Monday Nov. 21, a copy of which was obtained by Fortune, he affirmed that the company would continue selling the brand—though not without some regret. "We've heard from customers, including some who are long time loyal customers, threatening a boycott of Nordstrom if we continue to carry the line. Similarly, we've heard from customers who say they will boycott Nordstrom if we stop carrying the brand. This is a sharply divisive subject. No matter what we do, we are going to end up disappointing some of our customers.""

Full Article here: fortune.com...

-cwm

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I read about this earlier, but your OP reminded me...

I just emailed Nordstrom to tell them that I will NEVER shop at their store or online again.
Which is a shame, because they recently opened a store near me.
I told them that I will not shop there because of their animosity toward Ivanka Trump and her father, and because they have politicized their business.

If they are going to choose sides in politics, and it is not the side many agree with, then they are going to lose customers.

They. Dropped. Her. Clothes. Because. She. Wasn't. Making. Money.

Yes...people sloped buying her crap because of 45.

So what. That's capitalism. # you guys are babies.

And he's worse.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Spicer: Nordstrom Dropping Ivanka Trump's Line Is 'Direct Attack' On President Trump

Spicer has already lost all credibility.
Why would anyone post his comments?
Irony?
Humor?
Alternative facts?
If Spicer said it, if Conway said it, if Trump said it, etc... etc... etc...
We already know it's a lie!
But does it rise to humor, irony?
I wouldn't listen;
sleep with dogs, wake with fleas.
Listen to lies and the difference fades, and 'alternative facts' becomes code for the Neo-Truth...

As Nordstrom said, the crap was just not selling!
Get over it!
Not to mention that Trump misuses his office to enrich his family and battle anyone who criticises him.
What a sterling POS and company!

edit on 9-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
The fact is,the very people who whine and cry of equality,racism,are showing that by using these tactics,this isn't personal this is a fact,libtards never put themselves in a situation,don't know how,all they do is complain,and riot

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
And even if it were the most unfair matter on the planet. The white house should not get involved. It is mixing up Trumps personal with state affairs

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
People who try to claim that a man should not defend his daughter cannot possibly be liberal or conservative.

You're just a piece of snip.

If I were Trump, I would.

How about a hypothetical from a parent? In an example of how the real world works when you take off the rosy glasses and stop being a snowflake:

My Kids #1 & #2, if they so decide to design and sell crap some day: "Mom, they dropped my/our label! Said we don't sell well and because you're a dick! What do we do now?"

Me: "Sorry about that. Publicly distancing yourself from me and my mouth probably would have helped out some. Or maybe we should have seen this coming and worked on keeping my mouth less nasty in the first place. Oh well, hindsight and s#. Anyway, try another retailer, there's plenty out there. Maybe go internet-only and cut out the middle men?"

What I as a parent see as delusional, inexcusable and weak AF:

Kids #1 & #2: "Mom, they dropped my/our label! Said we don't sell well and because you're a dick! What do we do now?"

Me: "OMG, how unfair, it's everybody else's fault you didn't sell well and didn't have a contingency plan for your mouthy, offensive mother, I must rant on social media during my own job meetings! Dirty rat bastards, we'll make them paaaay!"

Seriously, neither buffoon is protected under any discrimination laws. At what point do you look at a business taking a hit from poor sales, and poor forethought for the necessary damage control relating to a familial association and say "Yo, you dug your own hole, quite crying already." Does this only apply to middle class mom & pop businesses or something?
edit on 2/9/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

(post by Lughnasadh removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Tin foil hat time. Sometimes a spade is just a spade. Businesses are about the almighty dollar, and trump of all people should get that. Jesus you people think everything and everyone is out to get trump. Her clothes sucked, they didn't make $$$, they dropped the line FOR THIS YEAR. No one ever said they wouldn't consider buying next year's line. Until ole Donnie boy soured his paper thin skin again. I wish Ivanka luck in getting anyone to buy her line ever again!
edit on 9-2-2017 by Rookseven because: I'm a grammar freak

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join