It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Over Proposed Immigration Ban.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hell no i wouldn't let a stranger move into my home.

One of the first rules my wife and I agreed on early in our marriage: no one is staying over. Sleepovers are for children, not adults raising a family.

And I certainly wouldn't invite a stranger. Strangers aren't even allowed into the living room without me having a solid idea who they are.

Im a very private person.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You'd love you Islamic introduction, im sure you would be treated with great respect and tolerance for your spiritual views. Tell them all about women's rights and shared bathrooms, and please post back this coexist fun!a reply to: Abysha

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I was doing a little web surfing and came across a video that raised a very important question.

If you are not for the ban, would you be willing to shelter the refugees on your own dime?
Let them live with you, and provide food and water.

I believe most are already sponsored before they come.

Lol they are getting paid by the government to sponsor them that's the reality its not out of the kindness of liberals hearts and we all pay for it from taxes.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

It's a good question. Reminds me of the anti-choice people protesting Planned Parenthood. If you ask them if they are willing to pay the hospital bills and adopt the baby, nobody steps up.

That is not true. A lot of people want to do just that.
www.abortionno.org...

For the record, I have room to house one refugee. And I would, no hesitation, if it were a part of some program.

Excellent. There is a way for you to do it. Since you have no hesitation and it would make a great thread with pictures, you could document the ups and downs of it and post it. You will make a difference. Good for you.

www.paih.org...

Lol destroyed their responses! People act like nobody adopts children like there isnt a waiting list of people who want a child to raise and give love too so bad they fly to other countries to adopt.

Lol taking in refugees question should be a valid option to protestors of trumps ban. Think about it they get to house and feed theses people off their own dime without vetting and if they cant support them we hit the protestors with child support payments lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

I was doing a little web surfing and came across a video that raised a very important question.

If you are not for the ban, would you be willing to shelter the refugees on your own dime?

Lol they are getting paid by the government to sponsor them that's the reality its not out of the kindness of liberals hearts and we all pay for it from taxes.

Link?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Link?

Hahahahahhahahhahahahahhahhahahahgahahgahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahha

You cant be that slow can you?

Here is some info

How much financial assistance do refugees receive?
The Federal government provides $925 per refugee to cover the costs of housing, household goods, food, and pocket money for the first 30 days. Beyond that, refugees may qualify for other public assistance programs such as Match Grant (an early employment program), TANF, or Refugee Cash Assistance.
edit on 9-2-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Link?

Here is some info

The Federal government provides $925 per refugee to cover the costs of housing, household goods, food, and pocket money for the first 30 days. Beyond that, refugees may qualify for other public assistance programs such as Match Grant (an early employment program), TANF, or Refugee Cash Assistance.

Link?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I am sure if you set your mind and heart to it you can find someway to accomplish it. Just keep saying to yourself, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. And before long you will be doing it. I have faith in you. You are awesome.

I know you are being facetious here but I don't understand why you think it's unlikely that a family like mine would do this. Are you saying you would never consider something like this? Why wouldn't you?

BTW.

I would.

Ok do it then!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Why is not Obama and Clintons doing this?

They have # tons of money and property? And they helped cause the mess?

How about turning the Bush ranch into a refugee camp too?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Link?

Here is some info

Link?

Serously google is your friend use it you dont need a link.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
No one here would open their doors and house a refugee they never met. Anything else is a complete lie to simply back your ideology.

Completely goes against the survival instinct embed in each capable human. Open your doors my ass lol. Wouldn't even let Comcast in without an appointment.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The following video seems to show how some protesters don't really want to step up and actually help the refugees.
It is one thing to say you are against something, but if you actually go out and protest it would seem that you are committed to it. I guess not.

If everyone who was in the crowds of protesters took in only one family of

refugees
that would account for thousands housed and kept???

None of those protesters, who are so vocal in protesting are prepared to put

(like all loud mouths)............

*their money where their mouth is*

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: Abysha

I am sure if you set your mind and heart to it you can find someway to accomplish it. Just keep saying to yourself, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. And before long you will be doing it. I have faith in you. You are awesome.

I know you are being facetious here but I don't understand why you think it's unlikely that a family like mine would do this. Are you saying you would never consider something like this? Why wouldn't you?

You would genuinely accept a 28 year old Somali man youve never met to move into your home?
The home you share with your children and you would entrust their safety to the rubber stamp of some overworked pro refugee bureaucrat?

Please tell me your just saying you would for shock value or to make some point?

First of all, you are allowed to choose which demographics (age, gender, how many, etc) you are able to accommodate. In my home, we would exclude single males and more than one person (which together actually excludes all males unfortunately). Also, excluding children too young to be on their own (no babysitter).

Being picky doesn't feel bad when it's not exclusion, but really inclusion.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So Trump said he needed to slam the Ban through so all the 'bad dudes' wouldn't make a rush into the country. Now he's saying he wanted a one month delay. Did he want a one month delay cause he wanted the bad dudes to make a rush or is he just FOS?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
You'd love you Islamic introduction, im sure you would be treated with great respect and tolerance for your spiritual views. Tell them all about women's rights and shared bathrooms, and please post back this coexist fun!a reply to: Abysha

I've dated a Muslim before. Obviously, he was a very liberal Muslim. Not every Muslim is the Christian equivalent of Fred Phelps.

FFS, we have Muslims on ATS! NONE of whom fit your idea of what a Muslim is. Just like how not every Christian on here is writing threads about how gawd wiped out the gays with sharknadoes and Trump.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I date a Jordanian girl, she told me in no uncertain terms if her brothers found out they would kill her! This is in very liberal New York, that's my experience a reply to: Abysha

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I heard a man say yesterday that one of the biggest problems we face today is that "Our society is insanity run amok, masquerading as compassion".

People often mean well. They have loving and compassionate hearts that often blocks their ability to recognize commonsense.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I date a Jordanian girl, she told me in no uncertain terms if her brothers found out they would kill her! This is in very liberal New York, that's my experience a reply to: Abysha

Which goes along with what I was saying. You dated a woman from the Jordanian version of the Phelps family and I dated a guy who came from the Islamic version of the Huxtables.

They have their redneck Muslim KKK and they also have their Rosses and Rachels. And refugees will come from all walks of life so it's silly to paint them ahead of time.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
They have loving and compassionate hearts that often blocks their ability to recognize commonsense.

To me, the biggest problem we face is that we no longer identify "loving and compassionate hearts" as "commonsense".

Compassion is common sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I have a friend that signed up with her church to sponsor a refugee family. She didn't do it for the money, and it is a good thing she didn't, because she spent twice as much money as she received.

I would suggest that anyone that wants to sponsor a family, or a person, that they sit down and have a long talk with someone that has already done it. Don't listen to just the people the organizations put out there to sell their program. Listen to the real people that have opened their homes and their pocketbooks. The stories are not always the same.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join