It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Over Proposed Immigration Ban.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was doing a little web surfing and came across a video that raised a very important question.

If you are not for the ban, would you be willing to shelter the refugees on your own dime?
Let them live with you, and provide food and water.

The following video seems to show how some protesters don't really want to step up and actually help the refugees.

It is one thing to say you are against something, but if you actually go out and protest it would seem that you are committed to it. I guess not.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Of course they won't.
The retard who "helps" terrorists escape from Gitmo is not even on this planet mentally, what a dumbass.
When have you heard of anyone escaping from there? If he really does travel to Cuba, I say don't let that idiot back into the US.
The Leftists are not really hypocrites, they are just deranged fools.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

All of them raised the concern of not knowing who they are and not feeling safe.
If they had of just said they didnt have the space Id give them a pass but Im fairly sure that any time someone else mentions that fear these same people refusing to home the refugees they love so much would be jumping up and down screaming racism/ignorance/profiling/white supremacist etc etc etc

These people are actually protesting FOR allowing what they just rejected to happen on a monumental (pun unintended) scale, Funny how its not a concern if its out of sight and mind but when you start thinking about the realities things change.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I think you summed that up quit nicely. It amazes me that people can be this ridiculous with their wanting to help, buuuuuut not that bad, way of thinking.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

It's a good question. Reminds me of the anti-choice people protesting Planned Parenthood. If you ask them if they are willing to pay the hospital bills and adopt the baby, nobody steps up.

For the record, I have room to house one refugee. And I would, no hesitation, if it were a part of some program.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's a good question. Reminds me of the anti-choice people protesting Planned Parenthood. If you ask them if they are willing to pay the hospital bills and adopt the baby, nobody steps up.

That is not true. A lot of people want to do just that.
www.abortionno.org...

For the record, I have room to house one refugee. And I would, no hesitation, if it were a part of some program.

Excellent. There is a way for you to do it. Since you have no hesitation and it would make a great thread with pictures, you could document the ups and downs of it and post it. You will make a difference. Good for you.

www.paih.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I was doing a little web surfing and came across a video that raised a very important question.

If you are not for the ban, would you be willing to shelter the refugees on your own dime?
Let them live with you, and provide food and water.

I believe most are already sponsored before they come.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well if you sign up you can sponsor more.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That is not true. A lot of people want to do just that.
www.abortionno.org...

Excellent. There is a way for you to do it. Since you have no hesitation and it would make a great thread with pictures, you could document the ups and downs of it and post it. You will make a difference. Good for you.

www.paih.org...

That program is not applicable to Americans.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It is in the works, but you have to register to be kept abreast of their efforts and updates.

Last revision – 4/5/2016

*U.S. and Canadian hosts – the scheme is being developed as we partner up with agencies in these countries, so please bear with us. the more hosts who register, the quicker we can build links with refugee organisations in those areas. For more info email roomforrefugees@paih.org

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I am sure if you set your mind and heart to it you can find someway to accomplish it. Just keep saying to yourself, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. And before long you will be doing it. I have faith in you. You are awesome.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And to add. I really do believe it would make an awesome OP.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I am sure if you set your mind and heart to it you can find someway to accomplish it. Just keep saying to yourself, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. And before long you will be doing it. I have faith in you. You are awesome.

I know you are being facetious here but I don't understand why you think it's unlikely that a family like mine would do this. Are you saying you would never consider something like this? Why wouldn't you?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I will host a refugee if they acted as my house keeper for the duration of their stay. Laundry, dishes, garbage, floors etc.. etc..

We will do our own cooking. I don't want to risk being poisoned by a sleeper agent posing as a refugee.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I am not trolling, I promise. Here is how I see it. You believe in it right? I couldn't do it because of fear. I can't say you are bad for doing it because that would not be true. If you do it you are helping someone. That is good. I just don't trust very many people. That is my burden to bear. And you seem to be very intelligent and I would be interested in how it will actually worked out. I would be afraid for you, but also kind of inspired. That is it, if that makes any sense.

edit on 8-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I know you are being facetious here but I don't understand why you think it's unlikely that a family like mine would do this. Are you saying you would never consider something like this? Why wouldn't you?

You would genuinely accept a 28 year old Somali man youve never met to move into your home?
The home you share with your children and you would entrust their safety to the rubber stamp of some overworked pro refugee bureaucrat?

Please tell me your just saying you would for shock value or to make some point?
edit on 8/2/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

LOL. Wow man. I can't say I disagree, but seeing it put like that makes me question my sense of humor. I don't even know if your joking or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I believe her. I think she really does want to help. It is admirable, but I just couldn't do it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I will host a refugee if they acted as my house keeper for the duration of their stay. Laundry, dishes, garbage, floors etc.. etc..

We will do our own cooking. I don't want to risk being poisoned by a sleeper agent posing as a refugee.

I wish I would have thought of that

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

BTW.

I would.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join