It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is poo poo, liberals are traitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We've lost something in this country. There was a time when going to the moon inspired this country to appreciate science. We had hope about the future. Americans embrace technology and material abundance. Sure there were problems. But people embraced sophistication. And then it all went to hell in the 70s with the Viet Nam war.

Since then we have degraded to the lowest possible divisions of rancor. We can't agree on anything anymore. People think their opinions are facts. Everyone is right. Nobody is wrong. And every label under the son is used to scapegoat someone else for all our problems. Everyone is a damn lousy label and nobody is worth listening to. Who is speaking is more important that what is being said. The biggest bully in the room is the only one who gets any attention. President Bully is our leader.

If you think there is value in science. If have some curiosity about the future. If you want to be a little more sophisticated. Then this Ted talk by Hans Rosling is for you. If we really want to make America great again we will need a sophisticated vision of what that will mean. The last 3 minutes will blow your mind.

www.ted.com...

edit on 8-2-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Your post proves History is poo poo too.

Vietnam started before we went to the moon, and neither event originated in the 70's.

was a war that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955[A 1] to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975

Regular U.S. combat units were deployed beginning in 1965.

Source

July 20, 1969: One Giant Leap For Mankind

Source

Tying a popular observation "liberals are traitors too" to a known misrepresentation "science is poo poo" complete with inaccurate history is more of that Fake News stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I've been meaning to ask for a long while, "What the Hell happened to Ted, anyway?" I remember they were alright ... and then ... Liberal.

I mean, did they get bought out? Were they sucking people in with politically neutral subjects (i.e. Science with an uppercase "S")?

I don't even click links to Ted anymore. And that's a shame.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I've been meaning to ask for a long while, "What the Hell happened to Ted, anyway?" I remember they were alright ... and then ... Liberal.

I mean, did they get bought out? Were they sucking people in with politically neutral subjects (i.e. Science with an uppercase "S")?

Same, its a liberal thinktank for bad policy based on idealistic speakers.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Is this thread for real ?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
TED Conference Exposed!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I love pure science, but when it is used as a political weapon and to silence others then I am opposed. Also, I can't speak to the feelings of all liberals and am unwilling to throw them all into one basket. I will say that I have no respect for the violent leftist protesters.
edit on 2017/2/8 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Science is investigation, when its proven its called technology.

Once the science of going to the moon was proven we shelved the technology, because the science of staying on the moon was too expensive.

'So we made weapons systems from what we learned and haven't looked back since.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Watched the whole video, gave the OP the benefit of the doubt.
Here is the video:
birthrates, child mortality rates both over time of most countries comparing it to gdp
And then comparing those numbers to co2 emissions which is bad
makes some shoddy conclusions about health and gdp

The theme is The impossible is possible
shows africans go from hunter gatherer, to 1900 europe in 60 years.
That makes everything possible
shows homes of poor africans

Then swallows a sword to show impossible is possible.

And then realizing that was the whole video I got visibly upset.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Science is a tool that can be used by both the bad and good people of the world. Evidence can be cherry picked to make things look as they want them to look. Usually this is done for financial gain or for recognition. I see a real lot of science being used by people for gain. We should concentrate on trying to untangle all the research that has been done and determine what is real. Science is used to promote fear also.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MetallicusI love pure science as well. Some remnant emotion from turning the page of an old Asimov novel led me to idealize it in my youth. The only purity left seems to be in the data collectors themselves, hopefully.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

That you deny the intellect/logic in the talks, because it doesn't come from the correct partisan mouth says much about you!
The problem is that intellect and liberalism go hand in hand.
The intellectual quality of the Ted talks fairly demands that almost all talkers are basically 'liberal'!

top topics

join