It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorsuch calls Trump comments about judges 'disheartening and demoralizing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee said Wednesday that comments Trump made about the federal appeals court deliberating his travel ban were "disheartening and demoralizing," Fox News has learned.

A source on the president's Supreme Court nomination team told Fox that Judge Neil Gorsuch made the remark in a meeting with Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.

Blumenthal told reporters after the meeting that Gorsuch had "expressed to me that he is disheartened by the demoralizing and abhorrent comments by president trump about the judiciary."

Gorsuch calls Trump comments about judges 'disheartening and demoralizing'

This story seems to be the first confirmation that a judge took offense to Trump's comments. The last thing he should want is to make enemies with the people who act essentially as his supervisors.

Making an enemy with your boss is insanity. I suspect Trump may not know that because he's never had a boss before.

You would have thought that Trump would have learned the wisdom of the old saying "loose lips sink ships" by now. Is it just me or does he frequently seem to have no real-world experience whatsoever?

This story should be a wake-up call for Trump. Let's just hope he's not so egotistical that he's incapable of learning and improving.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Oh man, he went against Trump. I can see Trump yelling FIRE HIM as soon as he heard the news on Fox while his aides try to talk some sense into him. The judge may survive this round but he better not fire off anymore shots against Trump or he's toast!
edit on 8-2-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"Disheartening and Demoralizing"?! What is Gorsuch.. A sensitive rich boy who has never experienced the real world? Trump might unknowingly be handing Democrats HUGE GIFT with this Judge on the Supreme Court.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So a Progressive Democrat says that someone said something negative about Trump.

~sigh~

Please post a link to Gorsuch saying that.

Thank you in advance...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I will believe when I actually hear it from the mouth of Gorsuch.

Until then - fake news from yet another unverified source, inadmissible hearsay.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
"Disheartening and Demoralizing"?! What is Gorsuch.. A sensitive rich boy who has never experienced the real world? Trump might unknowingly be handing Democrats HUGE GIFT with this Judge on the Supreme Court.

Sounds familiar.....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Oh man, he went against Trump. I can see Trump yelling FIRE HIM as soon as he heard the news on Fox while his aides try to talk some sense into him. The judge may survive this round but he better not fire off anymore shots against Trump or he's toast!

Trump can't fire the judge.

The judge is sad, because here is a leader of the nation who clearly doesn't understand the system. He attacks a judge, a person who spent his entire career studying and applying the law, when he President Trump has never studied anything at all, and has no comprehension of the law, only knowing what he wants, like a 2 year old kid.

The American system clearly has a flaw. It allows anybody to be President, but all the people working for the rest of the government have to be qualified to be there. It's kinda crazy, and maybe needs a Constitutional amendment, to ensure that the President of the nation is at least as qualified academically as his secretary.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Playing it slick.

Now he might get some Democrat votes for confirmation.

These guys are smart.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
" and maybe needs a Constitutional amendment, to ensure that the President of the nation is at least as qualified academically as his secretary."

Please no. Doing this will be the same as saying you can't be president unless you go to collage. That is the same as saying you can't be president unless you have money. Letting money decide who becomes president is why we are in such trouble now. The message an amendment like this would send to the poor would not be good.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Tactics and nuance are something that has been lost in translation among both political extremes. Folks are truly surprised to see actual politics in action, even the messy bits.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
As already pointed out, from the Fox story:

A source on the president's Supreme Court nomination team

Unnamed source. Why? National security on the line? Life on the line?

They didn't even play the speaking on the condition of anonymity card... Just chose not to say.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Noncents because: Cleaned Up, Expanded Slightly

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Trump attacked a judge for being Mexican heritage this past Summer. He attacked Rosie O'Donnell... Megyn Kelly... on and on. That's part of what made him WIN! (Or was it that Hillary was such a DOG?) Jury still out on the dynamics, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sigh........politics.

We don't have him actually saying it, we just someone paraphrasing his take on Trump's comments, "disheartening and demoralizing,"

Calculated. This way the judicial nominee appears to be independent enough of president and his administration, to sway those who may be concerned about his ability to rule against the president that appointed him, while not really saying anything publically against the president or his administration.

Brilliant!

edit on 8-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Exactly what I was just thinking. Old Trump and the gang at it again!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Look I think Trump shoots his mouth off too much. I didn't think what he said about this judge was any worse than Obamas comments at his one state of the Union.

But I am not a judge, so maybe they take these criticisms ore seriously.

I don't know what Gorsuch said or what he believes, but I will say this;

Its good politics for Trump and Gorsuch for this to get out there.

Schumer is setting up his opposition to Gorsuch on the grounds he won't stand up to Trump.

I don't think this statement will put that to bed, but Gorsuch will be able to say, "5 Days in and I was saying I was disappointed in his language" and that his reason for this disappointment is his belief in separation of powers.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So a Democratic Senator said..................

I would wait for Judge Neil Gorsuch to affirm that he said it first. It's just that, well when a Democrat speaks an angel loses their wings.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yup. Smart chess move.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The easiest way to help your own confirmation? Criticise an unpopular president to show you're not a lapdog.

Its more concerning to me to see a judge play politics so well.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I thought the same thing - people are eating this up

new topics

top topics

join