It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone getting notice of replies to posts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Even when I have lots of responses and replies, the window says I have none. Ditto with mail. And no way can I scoot around checking every thread. So sorry if I seemed to diss anyone.

Is it just me? Does anyone get notifications?

edit on 8/2/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Do you mean the envelope? I don't know if mine has ever done anything unless it's a message to my inbox.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

No - the window to the right when you log in.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't know if the system does the notices anymore. They have a feature in your profile though where you can sort out all the direct replies to your posts.

edit on 2-8-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You can see who replies to your posts by going to your PMs and clicking on the Thread Replies icon..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Same, when I log in each morning I get a different number of 'new topics' each time (which is what I expect) BUT it ALWAYS says zero / zero for replies and messages.

Always........and then I go to my profile and there are replies and messages????

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

perhaps it is only counting between your log off/on cycle. So if your always logged in, maybe it does not update??

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Sublimecraft

perhaps it is only counting between your log off/on cycle. So if your always logged in, maybe it does not update??

Not so - the screenshot in my post was indeed a quick log-out / log back in test just to make sure I got it right as to what the OP was referring to.

HOWEVER, multiple time over the past year of so I have not logged in, in well over 24 hours, sometimes days, and when I do finally log in, the message still reads the same (except the counter for the number of posts).

It's a weird one.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I don't know if the system does the notices anymore. They have a feature in your profile though where you can sort out all the direct replies to your posts.

I think the actual effect of that feature is to sort out your own threads in order of the number of replies they have received. I've just checked it.
edit on 9-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I remain permanantly logged in, so I don't go by the notification in the log-in window.
I use the "replies" icon on the top line, which is a short-cut to the procedure suggested by Zarniwoop. That icon is misleadingly modest. It identifies itself as "replies to your threads", but it actually shows replies to all your posts.

edit on 9-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
Even when I have lots of responses and replies, the window says I have none. Ditto with mail. And no way can I scoot around checking every thread. So sorry if I seemed to diss anyone.

Is it just me? Does anyone get notifications?

It never worked since I've been here.
I just punch the 'no replies' to find all the replies right there!
What do you want for free?
Simple workaround, though.
Sign in, press on 'replies' (no matter it says 'no') and voila'! *__-

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

You can see who replies to your posts by going to your PMs and clicking on the Thread Replies icon..

THANK YOU!

That's what I was looking for.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You're welcome

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It's never worked for me.

But Zarniwoop's method works great.

Thanks Zarni!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This has been an ongoing issue because my replies don't always show up. I have to go into a thread and see if someone replied.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This has been an ongoing issue because my replies don't always show up. I have to go into a thread and see if someone replied.

Agreed - same here.

Have you tried Zarniwoop's method? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems to work great. Definitely a little nugget of ATS gold there today...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

That's what I'm referring to, it isn't working all the time. I just had someone reply to a post and no message when I hit that button.

Yours did not alert me also.

edit on 9-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

That's what I'm referring to, it isn't working all the time. I just had someone reply to a post and no message when I hit that button.

Yours did not alert me also.

Well....sh#t...

Back to the drawing board I guess...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I have a theory- I did a Board Questions thread on it once- that a glitch sometimes diverts reply notifications to the wrong user. This idea originated from occasionally getting directed to alleged "replies" which were actually responding to somebody else's post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join