It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Story on Insurgency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Apparently the new story on the iraqi insurgency is that a portion of it was setup by hussein and the baath party, whcih distributed memos to members to form small cells to resist.

The fedayeen and other paramilitaries also received two months worth of specialized guerilla training in the lead up to the war.

Most intersetingly hussein himself apparently told his staff that they should fight the war for a limited time but that he would take over afterwards.

This is appealing, because it explains husseins stubborness in the lead up to war. He planned, and I have hypothosized this in an earlier thread a few months ago, to loose the unwinable war, lay low, allow the insurgency to result in an american withdrawl ala vietnam, and then take to ground and restore his rule.

This new claim does not sate that there aren't other insurgency groups, which is obvious.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Got a linky N? I havent heard this yet and I would be interested in reading the article,

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No, sorry, no link. Came up on Fox and CNN, as being a conclusion of the people studying some of the iraqi government documents.

The older article below alleges that he was issuing orders to lieutenants while it was going on too
Telegraph

Most similar reports are also just as old. They made it clear that this was based on new documents, in particular that one where hussein gave instructions to his generals.

If its not true, i do have to wonder what his war plan was?

new topics

join