It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 73 Muslims arrested, convicted for terror from halted refugee countries

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Article goes into some data from a database and report compiled from a Senate subcommittee.

Looks like many people from the famous "7" countries have been involved in some terrorism.

The point seems to say the Judge in the Trump EO decision didn't know this.

Maybe the Justice Dept people didn't mention it either.

I bet the State Dept knows, and maybe the actual laws(s) are going to get amplified regardless of any EOs.

I don't think an EO is mandatory per the law(s).

At least 73 Muslims arrested, convicted for terror from halted refugee countries

…according to a database built by the Senate’s immigration subcommittee, the federal government has arrested and convicted at least 73 people from the seven countries of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, and Yemen.

The Senate’s database was assembled despite repeated refusals by Obama’s deputies to provide immigration-related data to the Senate subcommittee in 2016.

However, by reviewing public data, “at least 380 of the 580 individuals convicted of terrorism or terrorism-related offenses between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2014, were born abroad,” the report concluded in June 2016.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...... Bruhhh really?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is what the EO is for...
Its not about never letting anyone in it's about slowing down the process to get to the truth of individuals...
With todays level of intelligence there is no need to have one radical or even one potential radical slip through the cracks...
Sadly though even by keeping them out the sickness is pervasive and would still be bred through homegrown means...
The reality is this must be done for the sake of all...
Sometimes the best way to reveal the truth is to poke and prod irritate or agitate...
The level of frustration this has incurred is absolutely brilliant and will prove many more results because of it...
Welcome to the new war on terror...
edit on 8-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69

The story links to government sources.

What parts are wrong or inaccurate iyo ?

Or is the whole topic just hyperbole?

edit on Feb-08-2017 by xuenchen because: hickory

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

WOAH!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
“I’ve gone into houses here in Dearborn where [Muslim] girls have been killed for having boyfriends and the [police] department keeps it quiet.” ~Police Officer, Dearborn, Michigan

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thats what I understood. These countries on that list have been compromised by terrorist activity so people from there are more vetted now.

Like they can't figure this out and get fake IDs from somewhere else...

Remember, America hasn't declared war on any of the little countries it occupies or makes war on. We have only declared a war on terror...

Quick, erase that notion from your cognitive dissonance.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

However, by reviewing public data, “at least 380 of the 580 individuals convicted of terrorism or terrorism-related offenses between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2014, were born abroad,” the report concluded in June 2016.

Open borders people!

OPEN BORDERS!

'God' bless 'Murica' !!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It doesn't matter wordpress is riven with malware and I have no wish to do the bidding here either.
Beware of the wreckers.
Besides, think of all the unreported cases that idiot Trump talked about, guess what, another lie from the fake White house,

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 8-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Jun 22 2016 Senate.gov News release
Using this list, the Subcommittee conducted open-source research (This is a link to a .pdf file from Senate website) and determined that at least 380 of the 580 were foreign-born (71 were confirmed natural-born, and the remaining 129 are not known). Of the 380 foreign-born, at least 24 were initially admitted to the United States as refugees, and at least 33 had overstayed their visas. Additionally, of those born abroad, at least 62 were from Pakistan, 28 were from Lebanon, 22 were Palestinian, 21 were from Somalia, 20 were from Yemen, 19 were from Iraq, 16 were from Jordan, 17 were from Egypt, and 10 were from Afghanistan.

Is that better? This

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Good OP. Thanks for sharing.

On the lighter side.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: smurfy

Jun 22 2016 Senate.gov News release
Using this list, the Subcommittee conducted open-source research (This is a link to a .pdf file from Senate website) and determined that at least 380 of the 580 were foreign-born (71 were confirmed natural-born, and the remaining 129 are not known). Of the 380 foreign-born, at least 24 were initially admitted to the United States as refugees, and at least 33 had overstayed their visas. Additionally, of those born abroad, at least 62 were from Pakistan, 28 were from Lebanon, 22 were Palestinian, 21 were from Somalia, 20 were from Yemen, 19 were from Iraq, 16 were from Jordan, 17 were from Egypt, and 10 were from Afghanistan.

Is that better? This

And regards my post? that list is from 9/11 onward, a different aspect.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
“I’ve gone into houses here in Dearborn where [Muslim] girls have been killed for having boyfriends and the [police] department keeps it quiet.” ~Police Officer, Dearborn, Michigan

Holy Sh.... that is crazy. I believe him 100%

I wish him luck!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Shenanigans!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

According to the article you linked to, more terrorists came from Pakistan than the 7 "flagged" countries combined. Wow. Great find!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

WOAH!!!!!!

Is that exasperation that they didn't investigate the sources due to the linked website, or the sound of someone also not investigating the sources?

Honest question

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's interesting, thanks for the heads up.

Yesterday or so, I'd heard on one of the stations that Trump or one of his aides had said that the reason for the timing of the EO was because intelligence sources warned about a coming influx of bad actors arranging to come into the country as soon as possible after the inauguration. The statement inferred that Al Queada or ISIS had scheduled a wave or series of waves of bad actors into the country following the election fearing the window would close with stricter travel bans.

I dunno..........anyone else hearing that type chatter?

top topics

join