It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Liberals/Democrats say why isnt Saudi Arabia on the Ban List

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Obama bombed 6 of those countries. For the people who live there we were at war. The other is hostile Iran.

If Trump bans Saudi Arabia as well will that make people happy? Really that argument is piss poor, because what if he obliges you? That may be his plan.
Still waiting for people to protest starbucks, who wont serve women in saudi arabia

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wiki - State Sponsored Terrorism

Saudi Arabia See also: Alleged Saudi role in September 11 attacks While Saudi Arabia is often a secondary source of funds and support for terror movements who can find more motivated and ideologically invested benefactors (e.g. Qatar), Saudi Arabia arguably remains the most prolific sponsor of international Islamist terrorism, allegedly supporting groups as disparate as the Afghanistan Taliban, Al Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and the Al-Nusra Front.[94]

Saudi Arabia is said to be the world's largest source of funds and promoter of Salafist jihadism,[95] which forms the ideological basis of terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda, Taliban, ISIS and others. Donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide, according to Hillary Clinton.[96] According to a secret December 2009 paper signed by the US secretary of state, "Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qaida, the Taliban, LeT and other terrorist groups."[97]

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

If Trump bans Saudi Arabia as well will that make people happy?

They'd still be suing to try to stop it.

So no.
edit on 8-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Reports have been saying since the EO that the reason Saudi Arabia is not on the list is because they have fairly good security and law enforcement.
They keep complete records on their citizens, so it is easier to vet people.
It is easier to confirm the identity and background of people from Saudi Arabia.

Yes, stellar security and records. What happened on 9/11 then? Do you really think passengers are "vetted" for normal travel? Vetting is a process for refugees seeking citizenship. Normal travel screenings is all passengers from SA go through when traveling to the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There's a U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia.

The "7" countries don't I believe.

The Embassies are the ones that give the visas.

People from the "7" are getting visas from U.S. Embassies in countries other than their own.

Some get visas online also I think.

That's the problem.

edit on Feb-08-2017 by xuenchen because: encroached

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

As to why the Kingdom of Saud isn't on the list:

Just to go down the list, we defend Japan. We defend Germany. We defend South Korea, we defend Saudi Arabia. We defend countries. They do not pay us what they should be paying us, because we are providing tremendous service and we’re losing a fortune...

Raise your hand if you remember the whole reason for invading the ME in the first place (Desert Storm) was, we said, because Saddam Hussein threatened Saudi Arabia. I mean the oil.

"And gentlemen we're talking a lot of oil, a lot of oil." --pep talk from the film, Jar head.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
There's a U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia.

The "7" countries don't I believe.

The Embassies are the ones that give the visas.

People from the "7" are getting visas from U.S. Embassies in countries other than their own.

Some get visas online also I think.

That's the problem.

usembassy.gov

Actually no. Iran is the only country without a US embassy in country. It's located in Switzerland.

~ETA~ Looks like Somalia's embassy is located in Kenya.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
That still doesnt explain why Saudi Arabia is not on the list.....

Saudi Arabia the country that has killed more American civilians than all the other countrys on th banned list put together.......saudi Arabia the home of the wannibism Ideology that ISIS follow.....

I agree.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

You're really going to defend a politician who has the vocabulary of a 6th grader? Clearly, he has no idea of what the hell he's talking about. He just wants to defend his Saudi ties.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yesterday I was a processing an invoice for a sale to Saudi Arabia for more than 3 million dollars. I sat there staring at it in my hands for a few minutes, and suddenly, the reason the biggest financer of terrorism not being on the list became crystal clear.....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: crazyewok

So....why was Saudi Arabia not bombed by both Obama and/Bush who bombed all 7 countries on the bad list?

All Trump has done so far is impose a travel ban on 7 countries until a better vetting process is in place. And everyone is having a fit and screaming "racist" and throwing protests and marches.

Bush/Obama bombed all 7 of these countries but didn't bomb Saudi Arabia and ain't nobody saying nothing.

Selective Outrage from Fake News Outlets

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Saudi Arabia promotes the petrodollar. They are the lynchpin in the US economic policies.

Any nation refusing to trade oil in US dollars gets obliterated. Russia would get the same. If you run down the list of nations who have transgressed against the petrodollar, you see a trend:

- Iraq
- Libya
- Syria

All 3 nations were nations we were willing to create terror cells in to help overthrow their governments for us. Russia's move is purely survival against a growing beast in the US. They are making a move against the petrodollar.

Trump may be willing to migrate our economy out of the oil base. I predict oil to be dead in 10 years anyway, so we will have to do something. And that play will need to include adjusting our markets and solidifying our currency.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Interesting. Thank you for posting that. If only the MSM would do their jobs and report the info and not the partisan blabber. Americans would actually have conversations, rather than this identity politics trendy thing the liberals do.

edit on 8-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No one country should be on the list.

But if you are going to put a ban on the citizens of foreign states entering then you would have to put Saudi-Arabia right at the top of that list.

You know what your post sounds like? It sounds like your saying Trump is racist for creating such an EO, but if it has to exist, add Saudi Arabia! Wtf???

Lol. Get a grip. The fact that you have received a near star flood for that, is also revealing the idiocy going on.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Saudi Arabia promotes the petrodollar. They are the lynchpin in the US economic policies.

Winner!

It still baffles me that so few Americans know about this, although it isn't exactly a secret.
There is a lot more to it, but the petrodollar is basically the backbone of the U.S. economic hegemony for the past 4-5 decades - without it, the Pax Americana would have ended with the cold war - and left aswell as right-wing Presidents have done everything to uphold it.

Trump will be no different, because the measures to fix the U.S. monetary system would bring a hefty cost with it - and would be very unpopular - if even possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Reports have been saying since the EO that the reason Saudi Arabia is not on the list is because they have fairly good security and law enforcement.
They keep complete records on their citizens, so it is easier to vet people.
It is easier to confirm the identity and background of people from Saudi Arabia.

I would not trust saudi arabian vetting more than i would trust a snake seeing as saudi arabians have killed more American civilians than anyone else.....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Obama bombed 6 of those countries. For the people who live there we were at war. The other is hostile Iran.

If Trump bans Saudi Arabia as well will that make people happy? Really that argument is piss poor, because what if he obliges you? That may be his plan.
Still waiting for people to protest starbucks, who wont serve women in saudi arabia

I am all in favour in the EO.

But I am a consistant person and believe the EO is pointless if the biggest terrorist exporter in the ME is not added to that list!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

So....why was Saudi Arabia not bombed by both Obama and/Bush who bombed all 7 countries on the bad list?

All Trump has done so far is impose a travel ban on 7 countries until a better vetting process is in place. And everyone is having a fit and screaming "racist" and throwing protests and marches.

Bush/Obama bombed all 7 of these countries but didn't bomb Saudi Arabia and ain't nobody saying nothing.

Selective Outrage from Fake News Outlets

Nope not false outrage from me......consistancy.

I fully support a ME ban.

I just think its pointless unless SA the biggest exporter of terrorism is added.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
When Liberals/Democrats say why isnt Saudi Arabia on the Ban List

When people ASK why, the answer is simple; Trump is using the WH to enrich himself and family, and 'sheltering' those countries and 'Muslims' with which he does business, makes money!
It is truer today than ever before, if the question is 'why'; "Follow the money trail!"!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I dont know ask them?

I honestly think US foreign policy the last 8 years has been decided by a monkey with down syndrome on '___'.

a reply to: crazyewokAll Trump has done so far is impose a travel ban on 7 countries until a better vetting process is in place. And everyone is having a fit and screaming "racist" and throwing protests and marches.

And I am all in favour of a travel ban.

I just think the biggest exporter of terrorism in the middle east needs adding to it for it to be effective. It wasnt Iranians that killed 2000 Americans on 9/11.

a reply to: crazyewokBush/Obama bombed all 7 of these countries but didn't bomb Saudi Arabia and ain't nobody saying nothing.

I have been bitching about it since I first joined the site!
I think Bush should be tried for war crimes and Obama should be beaten to death with his noble "peace" prize.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join