It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Charged after Multiple Sexual Assaults in Canadian Swimming Pool

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Absolutely..given a chance is the right thing to do, now that he has blown it..out you go.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I would say one death is enough. Easy enough for you?

What is the percentage of white male shooters that own guns vs. how many kill people? Compare that to the refuggees percentage.

And because you are willing to discuss white shooters, how about we look at black shooters. Black males are about 6% of the population, but commit around 45% of all murders in the US. Shall we discuss this?

To me the acceptable amount is 0% but I am also not going to blame an entire group for the idiots. I will not blame white's for their terrorists nor will I blame black people for their criminals, I think everyone should be judged individually.

The reason I do not blame immigrants is because I go to school with a lot and the ones I have met are normal people, women and men who have fun and joke around. Some even where the hijab and still laugh and play around and are not the meek oppressed women conservatives make them out to be. I do not think all are like that but I am willing to give them a chance.
edit on 8-2-2017 by cantthinkofausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

So it's just as likely this fellow was a Syrian Christian. Especially since Canada was supposed to have vetted and immigrated as many Syrian Christians as we could find

Muslim, Christian, Druze, Yazidis, Jews, or folk religions. Of course, the vast majority is Muslim.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Grambler

The difference is the amount of proof we have.

I will grant you that this Muslim man is innocent until proven guilty, and deserves a fair triaal.

But what he did was in public, was called out by 6 people at the same time, and got him arrested.

The claims against Trump didn't come out until years later when he was running for president, had other girls in the locker room saying he did nothing wrong, and he was never charged.

Surely you can see the difference in the two situations.

There is no indication of his religion in the news article, only his country of origin and his status as a refugee.

So it's just as likely this fellow was a Syrian Christian. Especially since Canada was supposed to have vetted and immigrated as many Syrian Christians as we could find

His religion is irrelevant to almost all of what I am discussing. So if he is a christian, that alleviates any criticism of accepting Syrian refugees?

I have argued that I know many good Muslims, my posts were not meant to diminish Muslims, nut instead to show the dangers of mass importing immigrants and refugees.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

I would say one death is enough. Easy enough for you?

What is the percentage of white male shooters that own guns vs. how many kill people? Compare that to the refuggees percentage.

And because you are willing to discuss white shooters, how about we look at black shooters. Black males are about 6% of the population, but commit around 45% of all murders in the US. Shall we discuss this?

To me the acceptable amount is 0% but I am also not going to blame an entire group for the idiots. I will not blame white's for their terrorists nor will I blame black people for their criminals, I think everyone should be judged individually.

The reason I do not blame immigrants is because I go to school with a lot and the ones I have met are normal people, women and men who have fun and joke around. Some even where the hijab and still laugh and play around and are not the meek oppressed women conservatives make them out to be. I do not think all are like that but I am willing to give them a chance.

I don't know where you are from, but I agree with you about Muslim immigrants that I know. As I said in a previous post, most that I know are fantastic people that I am happy to call my friends.

But I explained how these people wanted to leave their country to come to the Land of Freedom. This is different than mass importing people who may not respect our way of life.

So the bet comparison is to look to places that have taken in large populations of people from these troubling countries, regardless of their religion. The best place to look is Europe.

And what do we see, 137,000 female genital mutilation cases, 1400 girls raped in one town, rape cases skyrocketing in Sweden, mass public sex assaults in Germany, attacks on places for free speech, and on and on.

Am I suggesting that all of these immigrants are like this. Not at all. But we can't ignore the facts that there seem to ba a large group that don't share our values, so we have to be extremely careful about who we let in.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have argued that I know many good Muslims, my posts were not meant to diminish Muslims, nut instead to show the dangers of mass importing immigrants and refugees.

The crime rates among our refugee populations are lower than those found in our Canadian born population, for the most part.

There has been 2 notable differences, but neither are Syrian. One was from African refugee enclaves, the other from Asian refugee enclaves. We are trying to resolve that by limiting enclave growth and entrenchment via faster integration to Canadian culture. Most significantly language and job skills.

That all being said, there has been some issues in Eastern Canada, in regards to how Syrian refugees that have actually committed crimes, have been handled.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Canada has a low birth rate and a small population for the size of the country. That's why we have to take in migrants, refugees.
I just think you can't blame it on him being from Syria, when there's men from every culture that inappropriately grab/modest/rape and whatnot.

We can't close our borders to entire regions, just because a couple of people from there committed crimes, unless it becomes a serious trend. So far, I would guess every culture or nationality still have problem people. Including people born here.

We also don't open up to refugees the way Europe did. We simply don't have the infrastructure in place, so as soon as the agencies that take care of this get bogged down, they have to slow the flow.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

If I was a betting man, he's still holding ice to his special places.

I am not a betting man or even wish bad on another person but i make exceptions for murders or rapists, so yeah i also hope he is holding a lot of ice to his special places FOR A VERY LONG TIME....!

6 kids............ that worries me too.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

The crime rates among our refugee populations are lower than those found in our Canadian born population, for the most part.

There has been 2 notable differences, but neither are Syrian. One was from African refugee enclaves, the other from Asian refugee enclaves. We are trying to resolve that by limiting enclave growth and entrenchment via faster integration to Canadian culture. Most significantly language and job skills.

That all being said, there has been some issues in Eastern Canada, in regards to how Syrian refugees that have actually committed crimes, have been handled.

Then thats great. I hope that Canada and all countries have made intelligent immigration decisions, and vetting decisions.

Thst the point. But taking in too many immigrants from these areas of the world not only hurts the host country, but the immigrants themselves. Programs to help integration are crucial I believe, as is making sure we are taking in people that want to assimilate.

But the EU is a mess and an example of how an open door policy leads to all sorts of horrible things.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sorry folks but Muslim reproduction rates are at 8.1 while most countries are at 1.6. Europe is screwed and many countries will be Muslim ruled countries in 10-20 years. America is a at a cross roads. They don't need guns or bombs when they can just get access and simply out conceive the host country.

Just look at a microcosm of what happens by looking at Dearborn MI. They come in out conceive 7 to 1. They get control of the legislation (mayor, town council,etc) and whallahh you have a muslim controlled community who favors muslim ideology including Sharia.

Countries and their leaders need to wise up as imo there is no such thing as a moderate muslim. They may lay low and not assert their true beliefs which the Koran calls for but when they get enough numbers the true covenants of islam rear their ugly head!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Good lord, Islam is not a religion.

I mean, why are people chiming in on this topic who don't even know what Islam is?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

First of all, I'm glad that this pervert has been caught and is being dealt with by the justice system.

Though the debate about Syrian refugees doesn't rage here in Canada as hard as it might in the US, with Canada's "inclusive" stance towards Syrian refugees, cases such as these could only add fuel to the fire.

I agree, here in Canada, there is more of a welcoming attitude towards Syrian refugees — which is good and should continue. Cases such as these are only fuel for the fire for bigots, racist and those who are ignorant of the fact that sexual harassment is not *inclusive* to refugees. There are more *natural citizens* from all walks of life guilty of such criminal perverted behaviour according to Canadian judicial system data.

With the stance of Canada's leadership towards refugees in such contrast to that of the US, we have the unfortunate chance of viewing the results of this experiment as it unfolds.

Why do you view the situation of providing refuge to those coming from war-torn nations caused by western geopolitical policies as unfortunate...?

Why do you view it as an experiment...?

I live in Toronto. It is the most multi-cultural diverse city on the entire planet. Nothing unfortunate about our city. It is a world class city with much culture and one of the safest in N.America for its size (4th biggest in N.A).

...we have the unfortunate chance of viewing the results of this experiment as it unfolds.

We?

You do NOT speak for the rest of Canadians, nor do I. Speak for yourself...

Seven months in this country and he already is his own boss.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Just look at a microcosm of what happens by looking at Dearborn MI. They come in out conceive 7 to 1. They get control of the legislation (mayor, town council,etc) and whallahh you have a muslim controlled community who favors muslim ideology including Sharia.

Ahhhhh, did you lose your White Man Christian status?

Certain Jewish sects, Amish, etc have had their own laws since the beginning. How have they personally affected you?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Canada has a low birth rate and a small population for the size of the country. That's why we have to take in migrants, refugees.
I just think you can't blame it on him being from Syria, when there's men from every culture that inappropriately grab/modest/rape and whatnot.

We can't close our borders to entire regions, just because a couple of people from there committed crimes, unless it becomes a serious trend. So far, I would guess every culture or nationality still have problem people. Including people born here.

We also don't open up to refugees the way Europe did. We simply don't have the infrastructure in place, so as soon as the agencies that take care of this get bogged down, they have to slow the flow.

The birth rate argument is a bad one. That is what led Sweden to the boondoggle they are in.

First, you will not be able to bring in enough immigrants to solve the birth rate problem.

Second, the argument is sort of repugnant. "Us great Canadians need peasants to come in and work to pay for us to retire"

Third, in Sweden, in turned out that most of the immigrants ended up not working as much as expected, which took many of the resources for seniors and redirected them towards immigrants, thereby making the bit=rth rate problem worse.

Swedens infrastructure couldn't handle it either, but their leftists politicians kept guilt tripping the public into taking more and more immigrants, and now some figure have that as many as 40% of their population is immigrants. This has now only enormous financial burdens, but also cultural ones.

Now Sweden, once considered the most generous country ion the world, is becoming fractured and populist because the burdens placed on them has broken them.

I hope that Canada makes better decisions than Sweden, and I hope they are not called racist for taking responsibel measure to prevent a disaster.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

The difference is the amount of proof we have.

I will grant you that this Muslim man is innocent until proven guilty, and deserves a fair triaal.

But what he did was in public, was called out by 6 people at the same time, and got him arrested.

The claims against Trump didn't come out until years later when he was running for president, had other girls in the locker room saying he did nothing wrong, and he was never charged.

Surely you can see the difference in the two situations.

There is no indication of his religion in the news article, only his country of origin and his status as a refugee.

Nah, it would be in big bold print if he were a christian.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Good lord, Islam is not a religion.

I mean, why are people chiming in on this topic who don't even know what Islam is?

I said nothing about Islam (?)
I said he could have been a Christian..

I'm just saying don't blame all from a region (or a religion) because of a couple of bad ones.

So Islam is an ideology, a philosophy....a way of life?

edit on 8-2-2017 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Canada is careful and lot's of vetting, fact of life is you can't catch everything..# happens despite the best preventative measures sometimes.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: AMPTAH

But his diet, it is haram

But, according to Islam, a true Muslim must do anything necessary to promote Islam, even if he has to use lies, deception, misdirection, and yes, even haram, if that helps to "disguise" his actions that must be carried out in secret to promote the faith.

Of which obama did a excellent job.

"Islamic terrorism does not exist and when it does it look like workplace violence ad the future shall not belong to those who slander the name of the prophet muhamed"

-Barrak bin husein obama

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: FelisOrion
I see, a terrible person committed a terrible crime. Is that all?

How about, a really good person made a horrible mistake in a moment of confusion.

0-o

You are beginning to proof to be very very creepy

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Annee

Always trying to justify these things.

I see you removed your comment.

I removed it because the formatting was screwed up.

Again, how many sexual assaults total in the area?

Like in ALL. Not "pick a Syrian".

That is not justifying anything, except sexual assaults happen all the time. They do not just happen because someone was Syrian.

No idea, but if one guy can pull off six of them in a single day then I'd say it's likely he's done it before and will do it again.

He touched them while they were all in a swimming pool.

It's happened to me. Don't know if it was intentional or not, but it happened.

Yes, it is sexual assault. But, trying to blow it up that he assaulted 6 girls in a single day - - is a bit dramatic.

Yet we are told that cat calling a woman is a traumatic experience to women.

So an Islamic man groping 6 teenage girls in a pool against their will, not a big deal.

Construction worker telling a girl shes cute- we live in a rape culture.

Badum-Tsssh

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join