It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Charged after Multiple Sexual Assaults in Canadian Swimming Pool

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
Imagine if everyone acted like conservatives. LOL

One refugee out of thousands..ban them, One white male gun owner goes on shooting spree..ban guns, One black kid commits a crime...all criminals, one white male targets Muslims..terrorist..

Guess which two, conservatives are less likely to scream..

Just to let you know, all are idiotic.

But you are being hyperbolic.

No one I have seen is suggesting ban all Muslims. People are suggesting having increased vetting and taking in limitied amounts of peoples whose culture is vastly different than ares.

And this isn't based on one incident. Its based on tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands or even more of incidents.

From the article I cited earlier

Not surprisingly, as more FGM survivors access healthcare, we see a continued increase in the official figures,” Mary Wandia, FGM programme manager at Equality Now, said. “However, this number is still only the tip of the iceberg. Last year, we estimated that 137,000 women and girls live in England and Wales who have been affected by FGM. We will continue to see significant month-on-month increases as more women and girls affected by FGM access healthcare. Every month, we are getting a clearer picture of the sheer scale of the issue.”

In just England and Wales, over 137,000 women tortured in this way. Thats one issue in one area. One city in England, Rotherham, 1400 girls assaulted. One city.

Let me ask you then, how many incidents do we have to witness before we can take precautions? 1 million women with their genitals mutilated? 100 thousand girls raped and groomed?

What number is acceptable to you before we can take precautions without being considered racist?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Do the Welch and Danish cultures have a longstanding history of being culturally and religiously accepting of assaulting females and the underaged? No? Well then, "just happens to be Syrian" may not be a throw-away detail, ya?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Annee

Do the Welch and Danish cultures have a longstanding history of being culturally and religiously accepting of assaulting females and the underaged? No? Well then, "just happens to be Syrian" may not be a throw-away detail, ya?

Not relevant.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What number is acceptable to you before we can take precautions without being considered racist?

Now use that same logic with guns and white male shooters, what number is acceptable to you before we can take precautions without being considered anti gun or anti white?
edit on 8-2-2017 by cantthinkofausername because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Annee
He could have been Welch, or Danish, or any other ethnicity.

But, then it would be ok. Nobody would be screaming to have him deported, or stop more coming in from his part of the world.

You are missing an important facet of this:

This behavior is part of his culture. It is not part of Western culture for men to view unaccompanied, underdressed women as targets who are free for sexual assault. It is in many Middle Eastern cultures perfectly acceptable to treat unaccompanied, underdressed women and girls in that manner.

So a man from the UK or Denmark who did something like this would be considered a perve in his home country. In Syria, it would be the girls themselves who would be considered the perves for appearing in public dressed in swimsuits and without their male relatives to safeguard their virtue and honor.

In fact, in Syria and some other Middle Eastern countries. It is the man in question who could either accuse them of rape -or- simply marry them if he chose and add them to his household. As infidels, they are fair game to take as concubines or sex slaves too. In short, this is all their fault in his cultural schema. They asked for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness
Quit trying to minimize the fact that a "Syrian Refugee" only in the Country since January, with a wife and six kids no less chose to sexually assault 6 teens at the water park in West Edmonton Mall. Just give up. It is wrong on all levels. He is a Syrian Refugee there is no changing the facts. No matter what you would rather the headlines say.

The week before it was a born and raised Edmontonian.

The week before that was a born and raised Canadian from Edmonton's surrounding area.

The week before that was an immigrant that has been in Canada for over a decade.

Only one of these was one perpetrator, one victim. But, only one of these has made news headlines.

Why does it matter that in this instance it was a Syrian refugee? It appears to be an issue that happens far to frequently, with perpetrators coming from all walks of life and social status.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Not relevant.

Oh bullcrap! Of course it is relevant. Cultural dissonance is the entire crux of the issue here and you damn well know it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Grambler

The difference is the amount of proof we have.

I will grant you that this Muslim man is innocent until proven guilty, and deserves a fair triaal.

But what he did was in public, was called out by 6 people at the same time, and got him arrested.

The claims against Trump didn't come out until years later when he was running for president, had other girls in the locker room saying he did nothing wrong, and he was never charged.

Surely you can see the difference in the two situations.

There is no indication of his religion in the news article, only his country of origin and his status as a refugee.

Thats true. Though I believe 97% of Syrian refugees identify as Muslim. But his religion is irrelevant to wwhat I posted.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That post could be said to almost every woman on the left. Thank God I'm not a woman on the left trying to debate you

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Now use that same logic with guns and white male shooters, number is acceptable to you before we can take precautions without being considered anti gun or anti white?

Is it an acceptable part of Western society for people with guns to go out and slaughter as many other people as they can?

Again, you are missing the important point that this man comes from a culture where his behavior was entirely appropriate to the situation. I cannot think of any situation in Western culture where anyone is allowed to take a personal firearm and slaughter as many as they choose and the culture lauds them for this.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What makes this sexual assault more important than other sexual assaults? This is the only assault that seems to have riled the ATS conservatives up.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Now use that same logic with guns and white male shooters, what number is acceptable to you before we can take precautions without being considered anti gun or anti white?

uh?

What in the world does THAT mean? Purely nonsensical.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I would say one death is enough. Easy enough for you?

What is the percentage of white male shooters that own guns vs. how many kill people? Compare that to the refugees percentage in the eu and the west and the crimes they commit.

And because you are willing to discuss white shooters, how about we look at black shooters. Black males are about 6% of the population, but commit around 45% of all murders in the US. Shall we discuss this?
edit on 8-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is it an acceptable part of Western society for people with guns to go out and slaughter as many other people as they can?

Again, you are missing the important point that this man comes from a culture where his behavior was entirely appropriate to the situation. I cannot think of any situation in Western culture where anyone is allowed to take a personal firearm and slaughter as many as they choose and the culture lauds them for this.

This particular man and sexual assault is a horrible crime and should be punished for it...but why should all refugees suffer for this or others crimes?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Your logic and reasoning is impeccable from my point of view but do you really think you should be trying to reason with Leftist ideology?
Many have tried and all have failed.

Are you saying I'm Left because i'm not joining the non-white lynch mob?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

The difference is the amount of proof we have.

I will grant you that this Muslim man is innocent until proven guilty, and deserves a fair triaal.

But what he did was in public, was called out by 6 people at the same time, and got him arrested.

The claims against Trump didn't come out until years later when he was running for president, had other girls in the locker room saying he did nothing wrong, and he was never charged.

Surely you can see the difference in the two situations.

There is no indication of his religion in the news article, only his country of origin and his status as a refugee.

So it's just as likely this fellow was a Syrian Christian. Especially since Canada was supposed to have vetted and immigrated as many Syrian Christians as we could find

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't care if he is white, black, pink, yellow or purple, i don't even care what book he reads but multiple assaults in one day should mean life in prison in his home country.
This guy is a disaster just ready to explode.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Your logic and reasoning is impeccable from my point of view but do you really think you should be trying to reason with Leftist ideology?
Many have tried and all have failed.

Are you saying I'm Left because i'm not joining the non-white lynch mob?

No because you are pro choice and a defender of womens rights, and yet are simultaneously belittle the sexual assault of teenage girls.

That sort of hypocrisy is the hall mark of identity politics, a calling card of the progressive left.

edit on 8-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

No proof for your claims?, but then again, the Left never lets the truth get in the way of a perfectly good lie.
But I see, as everyone does that read your post, that you Liberals will blame Trump for everything when it has nothing to do with him. In fact, Trump is trying to make the immigration laws tougher so this doesn't happen to innocent girls here in the USA.

I agree with you 100%. The inappropriate touching of young girls ought to remain a "white privilege".

How dare these Middle Eastern immigrants come over here and try to do the same things as our President !

We can't stand for that.

We must control immigration, to preserve our right to have exclusive rights to this practice.

Don't you mean VP Biden?

After all, he's been caught on camera at state functions, no less.

The syrian was arrested for molesting 6 girls. 6, not 1.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
This guy is a disaster just ready to explode.

Holding cell walls are stout, he can do whatever he feels like in his cell. If I was a betting man, he's still holding ice to his special places.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join