It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You best separate yourself!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thank you. U nailed it i was on a phone. I learned something today!! Also you gotta love artichokes

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What about commies that love artichokes?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beatnixx1414

Thank you. U nailed it i was on a phone. I learned something today!! Also you gotta love artichokes

... and Pinko Commies

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well, just like I chastised my hubby when he once put a dirty diaper near our toothbrush holder...adjacent to poop is poop. Ergo...adjacent to crazy - is crazy.
edit on 2/8/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Well, just like I chastised my hubby when he once put a dirty diaper near our toothbrush holder...adjacent to poop is poop. Ergo...adjacent crazy - is crazy.

That would rankle me more than Kali the Communist Artichoke.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Haha. Yes there is even room at the table for commies. But you gotta bring your own lunch, as one will not be provided for you. Lol

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
What about commies that love artichokes?

I will make a very rare exception for you.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That sounds like a really cool cartoon strip.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
That sounds like a really cool cartoon strip.

Don't steal my idea, we have trademarks in this country Missy. I wish to become fantastically wealthy from my labors as my ideas don't automatically belong to the proletariat.

edit on 8-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but if he did he would drink it from a skull

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Beatnixx1414

I didn't say destruction of property is violence. Made what I thought was a fairly clear distinction between acts of violence and property damage.

Point remains that when one group of people is protesting something and some other folks show up and start smashing out the windows of a nearby Starbucks, I don't think it's fair to expect the first group to say "oooo that's bad!" and then get mad at them when they don't do it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well, just like I chastised my hubby when he once put a dirty diaper near our toothbrush holder...adjacent to poop is poop. Ergo...adjacent crazy - is crazy.

False. Everybody knows poop particles will float to your toothbrush. Your crazy stays inside your head, till you open your mouth

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Muslims are another great example. I don't expect the guy down the street from me to apologize for the behavior of what some other guy in Paris did.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
A mason, a cop and a Muslim walk into a thread...

And they all understand the OP.

A partisan walks in and thinks, bad apple, terrorist sympathiser & not a high enough degree to understand their wildly inferior supposition.

Favorite comment from you ever, buddy.

Not bad. For a Muslim, I mean

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You gotta keep it separated....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You best separate yourself

Are the people saying this on such a high pedestal that they don't endure the emotions that passionate people do?

I think moving to correct their actions should be practiced, not gaining a further separation from them.
Locking them away is like sweeping it under the rug. Like a dung beetle, they'll crawl back into the spotlight.

Face them correct them, it is your integrity as a group of protesters to not allow them to compromise the integrity of the entire group.

And I do equate property damage to violent behavior. Restraint should be a prerequisite when marching/protesting.
If I'm in your group and I have mud on my face, give me the opportunity to clean up, don't just label me gutter-slime and withdraw a helping hand.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Beatnixx1414

I didn't say destruction of property is violence. Made what I thought was a fairly clear distinction between acts of violence and property damage.

Point remains that when one group of people is protesting something and some other folks show up and start smashing out the windows of a nearby Starbucks, I don't think it's fair to expect the first group to say "oooo that's bad!" and then get mad at them when they don't do it.

And at that point, when they don't seem to disapprove of destruction of property, I think then it's fair to question whether or not they actually do disapprove of the motives and tactics of the other group.

The peaceful protesters need to explain whether or not they feel the destruction of property to be justified. Maybe they didn't do it, but if they approve and support, then they aren't much more moral than the vandals. And if the vandals did end up attacking someone they disagree with, well that follows right along ...

There's a reason why the Brits were just as harsh on the civilians who aided and abetted the revolutionaries and they were on the actual POWs, and there was a reason why Sherman made his march to the sea.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Spoken like a car-driving/meat-eating/carbon-based/ biped.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Eh...this is an internet board, not a war to preserve the union or to free ourselves from the tyranny of a government an ocean away. Let's not puff up our importance, mmkay?

It's utterly preposterous for you to think I should chime in on every "cop does bad thing" thread just so I can say "yep that's bad" so you and others with your mindset can pat yourselves on the back.

It's preposterous to have the expectation that every liberal on here decry every act of violence that gets posted in the daily dozen "look what liberals did now" threads.

Use some intellectual processing power and stop expecting others to refute labels you've created for them. I don't expect you to apologize for every abortion clinic attack even though I know you're a right-winger that doesn't like abortion outside of a particular set of circumstances, but now that I know how you feel, I'll keep an eye out for those comments.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Spoken like a car-driving/meat-eating/carbon-based/ biped.

I won't be apologizing for any of that

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I was referring the poster who said that people who stand there waving signs while others in the group throw rocks at windows shouldn't have to step away from the rock throwers.

I think they should.

Now if we're discussing it here, I don't think everyone known to synpathize with the politics of the protest has to defend themselves ... unless they start calling rock throwing peaceful protest which it isn't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join