It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone investigate for me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi

I am just a normal guy but I have a slight interest in paranormal things and UFO's ect. and was wondering if anyone could do some research for me? Cos well I am not very good at research and have no idea how to go about it. I also can not Astral Project or anything like that.

But I was wondering if anyone can investigate the Village where I used to live for me. The name of the Village is Netley Abbey (www.netleyabbey.info...) and it has a couple of Ghost Stories.

I can not really remember the stories since when I heard them I was a child but I will try to remember them.

The First is the story of the Grey Lady. She apparently exists in this building www.netleyabbey.info... She apparently was a Nurse in World War I and fell in love with a Soldier she was treating, however one day she saw him with another woman or something so she threw her self out of the window at the top of the chapel. I think thats how the story went I really can't remember.

The other place which is haunted is near here Netley Abbey it self www.netleyabbey.info...

Apparently the Monk who lived in the Abbey lived somewhere else first and got fed up with visitors coming along and bothering them giving them gold ect. So they moved to a more isolated location. However after a time again people started to visit them and gave them gold ect. Wich built up.

One at one point the head Monk left the Abbey for some reason and put another Monk in charge of the gold which was being protected in a secret location, not in the Abbey it self somewhere off site in a cave in the woods or possibly a building? During the time the head Monk was gone some Thieves came along and tried to steel the Gold. However the one Monk who knew where the Treasure was stored would not tell them. He was tortured very brutally and eventually died.

Then many years later, during the late 19th century a map was discovered apparently showing the location of the tresure. So an expadition was set up to excavate it. When the entrance was discovered everyone on the site got a really bad feeling and just about everyone left except for the guy who had found the map and was leading the expadition. He opened the entrance apparently and the next thing the people who were leaveing heard was a horrid scream. They returned to the entrance and could see the expadition leader lieing in the entrance to the dieing. They couldn't reach him because apparently the entrance opened on to a deep drop.

Apparently he shouted to them to seal the entrance and never return because something was there guarding the site, it is belived it was the Monk who died to protect the location of the treasure. So the entrance was sealed off and burried. And I think that about it...

I am sorry there is not much here, and I know I am forgeting a lot of the story, and I have no idea if any of it is true or not. However if anyone can research the area and found out any information for me it would be interesting to read about.

Also if anyone can Astral Project into the area and investigate that would be cool aswell. I have no idea about Astral Projection or if it is even possible to do anything like this but if you can again it would be interesting. I do not think there are really any dangerous entities around the area cos I have no idea about that but if you can AP I am sure you would sence it anyway if you approached the area.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
many people have investgated both these sites. just do a little research on them. i would be happy to see both(when i have the means) as i do a bit of ghost hunting as a hobby. there are several websites related to both stories...just take the time to look them up. good luck

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I lived 200 metres down the road from the abbey for a year and spent a lot of time there, look inside the sewage system of the abbey in the north side, under the abbey. there are your answers.

Originally posted by Shinji
Hi

I am just a normal guy but I have a slight interest in paranormal things and UFO's ect. and was wondering if anyone could do some research for me? Cos well I am not very good at research and have no idea how to go about it. I also can not Astral Project or anything like that.

But I was wondering if anyone can investigate the Village where I used to live for me. The name of the Village is Netley Abbey (www.netleyabbey.info...) and it has a couple of Ghost Stories.

mod edit to shorten quote

[edit on 4-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

join