It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer on Yemen Giving US Ground Troops the Boot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm just watching the briefing and finally a reporter asks about Yemen. Spicer's answer is to the effect of... the raid was a success and to say otherwise is a disservice to chief petty officer William Owens whom was killed along with 14 militants as well as 30 civilians including women and children (yes I know Obama killed civilians, including, intentionally an American citizen without due process... bad, very bad and was protested by the Left see Code Pink).

In other words (translated from Patriotic Correctness) is that if you question the raid or call it botched or failed you are un-American. He failed to mention how our joint efforts with Saudi Arabia in Yemen are going to go forward.

Another day of 'don't question us'.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Didn't we hear for a year and a half how Trump was gonna stay out of the Middle East and be non-interventionalist???

What happened there?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Maybe he heard that he was being laughed at in Yemen...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
(yes I know Obama killed civilians, including, intentionally an American citizen without due process... bad, very bad and was protested by the Left see Code Pink).

What media attention did it garner? Where was the outrage? You guys make these claims, but you well know there was no national outcry from the people pretending to care now.

In other words (translated from Patriotic Correctness) is that if you question the raid or call it botched or failed you are un-American. He failed to mention how our joint efforts with Saudi Arabia in Yemen are going to go forward.

We just got through 8 years of, " If you disagree with Obama you're a racist". What do you expect? Why do you guys never think your standards will ever apply to you?

The last 8 years................

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Didn't we hear for a year and a half how Trump was gonna stay out of the Middle East and be non-interventionalist???

What happened there?

Wasn't one of Obama's main platforms all about closing Gitmo? How did that go? Again, I dont recall protests or even the slightest yawn. I wonder how long till you all start protesting Trump over Gitmo?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What media attention did it garner? Where was the outrage? You guys make these claims, but you well know there was no national outcry from the people pretending to care now.

And as soon as time travel is possible, we'll get right on that and go and fix the past; but how about for now we settle on fixing the present and the future; rather than constantly, as we continue to do, justify the bull# of the now, with the bull# of yesterday?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulkSimple. Congress blocked him from closing it. You wanna blame someone, blame the obstructionists. The more you know

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I don't think that Yemen agrees with that analysis.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

In January 2009, Obama issued an executive order to shutter the prison within a year. He also signed a memo later that year calling for a prison in Illinois to take in detainees. The administration appeared confident in its efforts. But it soon faced opposition from Congress, which passed legislation banning the transfer of detainees to the United States. The restriction required the administration to look abroad.

www.theatlantic.com...

Find another country to pay to operate a prison.

I can hear the outcry if these people are just released.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How much money Yemen gets in foreign aid?

Billions, I am sure they will be hurting if the US just decided they are not sending any tax dollars to them.

pity.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The Left is pretty well ignored in the media unless a small group smashes or burns things.

google

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ah that's an update I hadn't caught. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

And as soon as time travel is possible, we'll get right on that and go and fix the past; but how about for now we settle on fixing the present and the future; rather than constantly, as we continue to do, justify the bull# of the now, with the bull# of yesterday?
because the people making the accusations and expressing their outrage have serious credibility issues.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

The Left is pretty well ignored in the media unless a small group smashes or burns things.

google

This post is about as far from reality as the Statue of Liberty endorsing the oppression of women.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
a reply to: TheBulkSimple. Congress blocked him from closing it. You wanna blame someone, blame the obstructionists. The more you know

Have you ever noticed that all of your excuses amount to just blaming Republicans? He could have signed an executive order.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hm, maybe they'll realize now that actions have consequences, but probably not. This is where some diplomacy would help, if we had an administration that believed in diplomacy.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

because the people making the accusations and expressing their outrage have serious credibility issues.

So does everyone; this is the same # every year.

Both sides have convenient memories, both sides feed this cycle. Stop it.
edit on 2/8/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Hm, maybe they'll realize now that actions have consequences, but probably not. This is where some diplomacy would help, if we had an administration that believed in diplomacy.

And yet when Trump is diplomatic with Russia, something Obama and Hillary both tried and were applauded for, he's literally Hitler and going to end the country.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Kali74

I don't think that Yemen agrees with that analysis.

Are you saying the NYT made up Fake News yet again?! Surprise surprise.
edit on 8-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I'm just watching the briefing and finally a reporter asks about Yemen. Spicer's answer is to the effect of... the raid was a success and to say otherwise is a disservice to chief petty officer William Owens whom was killed along with 14 militants as well as 30 civilians including women and children (yes I know Obama killed civilians, including, intentionally an American citizen without due process... bad, very bad and was protested by the Left see Code Pink).

This mission had its origin in the Obama administration.

Didn't Spicer say that it was an intelligence-gathering mission, and in that respect it was a success.

I believe it has been reported that computers were seized and other helpful intelligence retrieved.

There is much we can't possibly know, but it makes me wonder if something was learned in that intelligence that gave the administration impetus to propose a temporary travel ban from that country and the other six.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join