It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please stop making threads that I disagree with

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So lately on ATS I have noticed a trend. I will come on to the site, and over and over again I see threads that I don't agree with.

Why are people so mean to me that the have to victimize me by sharing ideas I don't agree with?

All I want is a community that agrees with every single thought that I have. Is that too much to ask?

But no, people have to intentionally push me by putting up opinions that they know I won't agree with.

Now I know some people might say "But Grambler, there are many posters that agree with you!" Well thats not enough! As long as there is even one thread that disagrees with me, then I am being attacked and oppressed!

And then there are the threads that I don't disagree with, but are just about topics I don't enjoy. Like for example, I don't really care about UFOs, and yet people post threads about them. When will the ATS owners step up and make sure these threads stop getting made?

I just get so frustrated. I mean, I COULD have a discussion with the people I disagree with, and try to point out why my opinions are correct, but why should I have to go through all of that work?

I feel that its time for the ownership of ATS to step up and do more to cater this site particularly for me. By allowing users to post whatever content they want, ATS is in danger of ceasing to be the great site that it could be; a site that just posts my opinions.

edit on 8-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This...

Doesnt help. The irony of this OP, regardless of intent, is overwhelming.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well, interesting view of the things happening on ATS lately, however...

...I don't agree with you.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Who peed in your cheerios?

I mean I get it, how to disagree without being disagreeable is a lost art form.

The new genre is 'veiled insults under the TnC radar'.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So lately on ATS I have noticed a trend. I will come on to the site, and over and over again I see threads that I don't agree with.

Why are people so mean to me that the have to victimize me by sharing ideas I don't agree with?

All I want is a community that agrees with every single thought that I have. Is that too much to ask?

But no, people have to intentionally push me by putting up opinions that they know I won't agree with.

Now I know some people might say "But Grambler, there are many posters that agree with you!" Well thats not enough! As long as there is even one thread that disagrees with me, then I am being attacked and oppressed!

And then there are the threads that I don't disagree with, but are just about topics I don't agree with. Like for example, I don't really care about UFOs, and yet people post threads about them. When will the ATS owners step up and make sure these threads stop getting made?

I just get so frustrated. I mean, I COULD have a discussion with the people I disagree with, and try to point out why my opinions are correct, but why should I have to go through all of that work?

I feel that its time for the ownership of ATS to step up and do more to cater this site particularly for me. By allowing users to post whatever content they want, ATS is in danger of being the great site that it could be; a site that just posts my opinions.
Oh Ok then from now on all ATSer's will consult with you before posting a new thread so that they don't offend and are agreeable. Great sense of humour if not concurrence!!

+16 more 
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign

Well, interesting view of the things happening on ATS lately, however...

...I don't agree with you.

YOU SEE! Even on my own thread, people disagree with me! Mods, can someone intervene here?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton is an honest, hard-working, healthy and spry young lady whose husband isn't a philandering pedophile.

Did that trigger you?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I got you a safe space that you can use until you get your wish: | |

It was the biggest I could afford. Market prices on Safe Spaces are ridiculous right now.
edit on 8-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I completely disagree.

If you don't like my opposing opinion, then I will scream, rave, name call and then demand my personal space safe from your abusive, sexist and racist thoughts.

I mean, I've never in my life had to live in the real world. mommy and daddy said I could even be president one day.

And my trophy proves it. it reads "You did your best little guy, don't let the truth let you down!" and I have a badge too. I got it because the guy who won the race got one, and I demanded not to be left out.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go protest some thing about some other thing, and have all my "I HATE TRUMP" signs to make, and my sharpies are in short supply, since the racist right wing man has prevented me from getting them from the "Boo hoo store" with my university discount card.

* The above is satire. If you need a reference, go to www.iamarickroll.com. failing that hashtag #ineedashaveandshower and all will be revealed.

lol Grambler
love your posts brother...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So you disagree?

For shame...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: intrptr

So you disagree?

For shame...

Actually I agreed, with the facetiousness of OP.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

When blatant sarcasm is lost on so many members who took you seriously; WTF is happening here?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dang swear I was in Santa Barabara or Palm Springs,,this has to be a joke,no one could write that with a straight face

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Agree

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I see what you did here. I wanted to create a post on "Winning". There is so much winning going on, but for some reason I don't mind winning for a change.

Also, I agree with most all things you post!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Was this one OK?
Elections and secret deals; The Compromise of 1877

No it is not ok!

Thats another thing I hate. I don't like long posts that require me to think a lot. Please stick to two or three sentence posts or memes that agree with me.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm so glad someone had the courage to speak up about this.

I accidently gave a star out to someone by accident and the mods would not ban them.

Even after I told them what happened.

I will break a window and punch a puppy in your honor.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I think the fact that so many people dont understand satire is more troubling..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join