It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blasts Nordstrom for dropping Ivanka’s clothing line

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

"All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position, including endorsements."

The bold part applies to all of his actions ever since he swore an oath.

edit on 8-2-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
In the year 2017, the president of the United States is spending his time - in the highest office of the land - whining about his daughters clothing line and how "unfairly," she was treated.

Hes spending 30 seconds to send a tweet FFS!!!

Its not like hes taking a week off work to sort it out.

Sending a tweet when someone has wronged your family because of you, not because youve done anything wrong, just because they dont like you seems like a fairly tame response to me.
You dont stop caring about your family because you become POTUS

If the media werent so rabidly anti Trump he probably wouldnt resort to twitter so often, imagine if something like this had of happened to Obamas daughter, Obama would have been barely done hearing it from his daughter before it would have been all over the news as an outrage.

Trumps Trump, I dont care what he says as long as he does what he said he would do hes alright in my book

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So why is he still president? You forgot to tell me how he endorsed his daughter.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So why is he still president?

Are you under the impression that if he breaks the rules he can be easily thrown out?

You forgot to tell me how he endorsed his daughter.

Never claimed he did. I did highlight the applicable rule for your reading pleasure.

FYI the part that says "including endorsements" wasn't highlighted.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So you mean you are the judge, jury and judgement of his"misuse" of position?

Where exactly did he misuse his position?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
In the year 2017, the president of the United States is spending his time - in the highest office of the land - whining about his daughters clothing line and how "unfairly," she was treated.

Seriously?

Maybe he should be more like a Democrat and get a BJ from an intern while on the phone with Congress?

I don't support his actions by the way, but Nordstrom are the ones that made this a political issue. All he did was call them out.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You already agreed that the office of the president is a 24/7 job so when the President lashes out on twitter at a private company for refusing to enrich his daughter that is inappropriate.

"All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position"

Do you feel he should be exempt from that? If so why?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Haha, what a great show.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
For those who asked if members had children,I do and when playing onstage at a gig the mobile is always turned off

The president was distracted at this briefing when he should have been focused

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You already agreed that the office of the president is a 24/7 job so when the President lashes out on twitter at a private company for refusing to enrich his daughter that is inappropriate.

"All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position"

Do you feel he should be exempt from that? If so why?

Of course he should not be exempt from that but I'm still trying to see where he misused his position?

Where does it say defending your daughter is "misuse" of position?

That's the problem with you guys. Always taking things out of context so it can fit your narrative.

lashes out on twitter at a private company for refusing to enrich his daughter

Where does it say he's mad they won't enrich her? Or is that rhetoric just needed in there to confirm your belief? I doubt the daughter of a billionaire cares about money.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: rickymouse
But, this company is discriminating against Trumps daughter because he got elected to president. That is not right. She seems to be a decent person. I would say that all Republicans should boycott this place.

I'll never buy anything from Nordstrom as long as I live, any company who does stuff like they are doing should not be in business. Businesses need to stay neutral in politics to have long term stability. If this place is a corporation with stock, I hope their shareholders elect a new president, one who has intelligence.

To me, I think this company should crumble for the actions of it's present executives.

Any of you who believe this is because of money need to get their head examined, it is Trump protecting his daughter. Maybe we should say that presidents cannot have any children, because that is a conflict of interest.

What about your own reaction without knowing why they did it?
Perhaps they didn't want to be seen a certain way if indeed Daughter is going to be installed in the First Lady's office?
As far as someone being a good person what you know by photos? What does being a good person have to do with the clothing sales anyway.

My cousin was president of a corporation. It was small. We were talking one day about politics and he said he doesn't discuss politics or religion because it is not good for business. I also own a business and I also know never to discuss politics or religion. I also do not take sides on football since we have so many of both packer and lions fans here. It is bad to take sides on these kinds of things if you own a business. It can lower your clients if you get polarized.

I predict that that company will regret ever opening their mouth and will have to lay off people or go belly up

If someone is stupid enough to start making comments like dropping a line of products because of politics, they deserve to lose business.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just for a second, let's think about this from a another perspective.

How many of you would go into your adult son or daughters workplace to tear them off a strip because they let her go?

Taking everything political out of the argument, the point which stands is, how far is too far?

Personally, there is no way I will ever fight my children's battles for them when they become an adult, to do so would be counter productive.

As a parent I think Trump needs to let go, doesn't matter if she was dropped off the back of him, Ivanka has to deal with it, as an adult she makes her own choices, she chose to be publicly aligned with him, I'm not saying it is right for people to drop someone because of an association, but we can't deny it happens.

All actions have consequences.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Where does it say he's mad they won't enrich her?

They dropped her clothing line and the office of the president publicly rebuked them. Everything he does in public now is part of the office of the president. If you cant see where he was wrong then I imagine it's because you don't want to.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

They dropped her clothing line and the office of the president publicly rebuked them.

Actually, he used his personal Twitter account. I guess he thinks that as long as he uses his personal Twitter account he's not POTUS.

Personally, I find this behavior to be an abuse of his position. But, it isn't the first time. When he was POTUS elect he called for Christmas boycott on Macy's for pulling his ties and shirts!

Donald Trump calls for a Macy’s boycott

And then there are his Twitter wars with Arnold Schwarzenegger, which are nothing more that publicity stunts done in WW Raw style to boost his New Apprentice reality show. that he continues to executive produce.

edit on 8-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here's the thing with this glorious MAGA s#.

We (the PEOPLE) call the sales shots, not the White House.

The business owners decide what to sell, the consumers decide what to buy. Period. Trump and Ivanka can pout alllll they want, but Nordstrom simply did as any other business would -- looked at fallout potential from association, eyeballed what benefit to their revenue Ivanka's crap had, and chose to proceed as they saw fit.

They can go cry into the gold curtains in the OO for all I care. Covering one's revenue ass isn't discrimination.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Where does it say he's mad they won't enrich her?

They dropped her clothing line and the office of the president publicly rebuked them. Everything he does in public now is part of the office of the president. If you cant see where he was wrong then I imagine it's because you don't want to.

"Wrong" is a matter of perception and it's already been clear that everything he does is "wrong" to you guys. Unless he broke a law somewhere I don't see anything wrong with his actions. He stood up for his daughter, an action that every man or leader should do.

You guys are just nit-picking at the most insignificant things to validate yourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If she thinks daddy needs to back her on a lost deal, maybe she shouldn't be making them in the first place. Fight her own battles kind of thing. It will be very telling to see if she chides him in return or not.

I'm not a supporter of anyone taking over their grown child's job woes, they're adults. Let them learn how to navigate their chosen industry without parental water wings.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

But, this company is discriminating against Trumps daughter because he got elected to president. That is not right. She seems to be a decent person. I would say that all Republicans should boycott this place.

I'll never buy anything from Nordstrom as long as I live, any company who does stuff like they are doing should not be in business. Businesses need to stay neutral in politics to have long term stability. If this place is a corporation with stock, I hope their shareholders elect a new president, one who has intelligence.

To me, I think this company should crumble for the actions of it's present executives.

Any of you who believe this is because of money need to get their head examined, it is Trump protecting his daughter. Maybe we should say that presidents cannot have any children, because that is a conflict of interest.

What about your own reaction without knowing why they did it?
Perhaps they didn't want to be seen a certain way if indeed Daughter is going to be installed in the First Lady's office?
As far as someone being a good person what you know by photos? What does being a good person have to do with the clothing sales anyway.

My cousin was president of a corporation. It was small. We were talking one day about politics and he said he doesn't discuss politics or religion because it is not good for business. I also own a business and I also know never to discuss politics or religion. I also do not take sides on football since we have so many of both packer and lions fans here. It is bad to take sides on these kinds of things if you own a business. It can lower your clients if you get polarized.

I predict that that company will regret ever opening their mouth and will have to lay off people or go belly up

If someone is stupid enough to start making comments like dropping a line of products because of politics, they deserve to lose business.

So you boycott a business because your belief that it is political although you can't prove that it was anything to do with politics and not just business decisions. Maybe they can't rely on the product since she announced she would be taking a leave from it is her Dad was elected.

February 3, 2017

Mark Wilson/Getty Images
It now appears two major department stores have dropped first daughter Ivanka Trump's line of clothing and accessories. After Nordstrom announced Thursday it would no longer be carrying President Trump's oldest daughter's clothing and shoes in its stores — "based on performance," the store said — observers noticed Neiman Marcus is no longer offering the Ivanka Trump jewelry line on its website.

Business Insider noted that "as recently as Wednesday," 15 products from Trump's jewelry line were listed on the store's website; now, the website no longer appears to even list Ivanka Trump as one of the brands it carries.

Neiman Marcus has not responded to requests for comment, so it's not totally clear if it has actually dropped Trump's line, or what its reason for doing so might be. Nordstrom, however, did release a statement Thursday night confirming its decision to drop the line. "Each year we cut about 10 percent and refresh our assortment with the same amount," the statement read. "In this case, based on the brand's performance, we've decided not to buy it for this season." Nordstrom denied that politics Maybe the announcement she gave saying she would take a leave of her

Ivanka Trump announced last month that she would be taking a "formal leave of absence" from her apparel and accessories brand after her father took office. Becca Stanek

theweek.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
You folks are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

How dare a President take 10 seconds out of his day to defend his daughter.

Pathetic.
Sure because when somebody is angry about something, they focus only exactly as much effort as it takes to send a tweet. After that is off their mind completely. He definitely wasn't stewing that entire time, and in certain he heard every word in that intelligence briefing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join