It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old-Guard Republicans to Push Carbon Tax at White House Meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't support this crap when the CTRL LEFT tries to do this snip, and I sure don't support this crap when the ALT Right tries to pull this snip. The carbon tax people. That is essentially a TAX on the air.

NO.

A group of prominent Republicans and business leaders backing a tax on carbon dioxide were taking their case Wednesday to top White House aides, including chief economic adviser Gary Cohn.

Take that carbon tax and shove it. I aint.............

NO!

"We know we have an uphill slog to get Republicans interested in this," Baker said before heading to the White House. But "a conservative, free-market approach is a very Republican way of approaching the problem."

The Old guard GOP has bigger problems than that right now. It's not just RINOS they have to convince. There is a concerted effort by the current administrations critics to completely stop anything, and everything Trump does.

I Hope they FAIL.

Freggin carbon taxes.

They should tax the hot air that comes out of the CTRL LEFT and ALT RIGHT.

We'd have no national debt.

NEHOW..........

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Has it ever occurred to any of these people that it might be God not humans making things hotter...just a thought

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Has it ever occurred to any of these people that it might be God not humans making things hotter...just a thought

Often thought that myself!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well if the dinosaurs had a meteor tax, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Tax fixes everything.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Gotta pay the upkeep for their mistresses somehow .

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well I mean, you skipped the part about them pushing this because Trump is abolishing a "slew of environmental regulations".
This is just another example of the rich shifting the responsibility onto the poor. "Worrying about emissions hurts my profits by .00000000000001%, so make the taxpayers pay for it." But on the other hand, I don't agree that a carbon tax will help anything at all. I think it will just allow certain interested parties to line their pockets under the guise of "helping the environment".

On an unrelated note, I keep seeing people use the term "Ctrl Left". It's not nearly as clever as they seem to think it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Has it ever occurred to any of these people that it might be God not humans making things hotter..

And that seemed like a rational explanation to you? Well, hell, maybe ghosts are responsible for global warming. Or King Kong!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Well I mean, you skipped the part about them pushing this because Trump is abolishing a "slew of environmental regulations".

Why should it have been included?

Hes getting SUED over it.

So the outcome is in question.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I don't support this crap when the CTRL LEFT tries to do this snip, and I sure don't support this crap when the ALT Right tries to pull this snip. The carbon tax people.

Both sides do it, theres your sign.

Its not even them 'doing it'. They carry out orders from International mega corp. Tax is a tax. They'll never allow it.

The whole global climate changing thing is to present to the ordinary person they are doing something to 'clean up' the environment. Like politics, the Global Carbon psyop is just divisive enough keep us infighting amongst ourselves about Globalism.

Meanwhile, they're building more industrial coal and nuclear power plants, pumping more oil, coal and natural gas, increasing mine production, spilling more toxins into the environment.

You want to tax these polluters, charge them for their mess, not their consumption.

Start with the industrial military complex, the biggest polluters of them all. Their products 'pollute' the world.
edit on 8-2-2017 by intrptr because: spelling, additional

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Has it ever occurred to any of these people that it might be God not humans making things hotter..

And that seemed like a rational explanation to you? Well, hell, maybe ghosts are responsible for global warming. Or King Kong!

Yes there is something out there that causes what resides in your heart to flee to the pit of your stomach as you drop to your knees....man is a flea and the dog is about to shake.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Can a carbon tax be seen as a government regulation?

Because if is, we know that our new president doesn't like very much environmental regulations.

So they can tried but I don't think it will stick.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yes there is something out there that causes what resides in your heart to flee to the pit of your stomach as you drop to your knees....man is a flea and the dog is about to shake.

Oh... you're serious?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

When the Government boot is on your neck whether it is a right boot or a left is of no consequence.

Screw these a-holes.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Republicans can suck their tax right here!

(I'm pointing at a garden hose)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think you guys are out of luck, Rex Tillerson also supports a carbon tax.

www.cnbc.com...

originally posted by: khnum

When the owner of an oil company has said they make sense it's probably time to reevaluate your position.
edit on 8-2-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Doesn't matter if he does.

The President makes policy.

Government appointees jobs are to carry it out.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thankfully I'm not seeing much in regards to actual GOP senators or Reps supporting this lunacy. These may be exactly the types of RINOs Trump needs to shake out of the party.

new topics

top topics

join