It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Department seeks space in Trump Tower

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guaranteed rent, from the govt. According to a spokes person for the defense dept. The space is needed to house the "personnel and equipment to support POTUS".

A Pentagon spokesman said Tuesday the Defense Department is looking to rent some space in Trump Tower for the “personnel and equipment who will support POTUS at this residence in the building.”

Lt. Col. J.B. Brindle told The Washington Post the DoD is “working through appropriate channels … to acquire a limited amount of leased space in Trump Tower.”

According to the newspaper, the space would be separate from the Secret Service detail that is already based at Trump Tower in New York City. Melania Trump and their son Barron still call Trump Tower home.
www.foxnews.com...

Maybe 1.5 million $. If a floor is required. But Trump will more than likely comp the costs, he is that kind of guy.

The possible move could raise ethical questions about a government agency paying rent to a company owned by Trump. The asking price for the department’s space hasn’t been released, but renting a floor at Trump Tower could reportedly cost nearly $1.5 million per year.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Doesn't that makes the Trump tower a bulls eye target? I think this is dangerous.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The DOD has made the same accommodations for past presidents, so this is nothing new.....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Wait, Melania and Barron are not living in the White House?

Trump could be walking alone at night in the empty rooms in his bathrobe for real?
Wow.

link   

Are you KIDDING ME?

Bloody hell on fire. So he is going to be earning rent from the government he is allegedly running? As if he was not dirty enough!

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Doesn't that makes the Trump tower a bulls eye target? I think this is dangerous.

From terrorists no.

They only target civilians.

A deranged lunatic from a fringe winger. yeah.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I believe he already said that any monies he gains from government contracts would be donated to the treasury. As far as a target it already became a target when he won the Presidency and really was a target before that since he was always a symbol of American wealth. The big question is exactly who's cross-hairs will be on the target, world terrorist or leftist terrorist...at this point both sides, not to mention the political right whom really don't like him either are all chomping at the bit to take a swing

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

NYC is a BIG place. Is he making them rent there? No. It is there choice.

The Chicago police department on average spent 3 million a year on security for Obama not including with the Federal Government paid. It is how it is. Bush had the same thing at his Ranch. This is NORMAL stuff but since it is Trump it is not allowed?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well I have to agree, it is possible, we see the permanent protest in front of his building everyday, I guess those that camp in the streets have nothing better to do, or they get a nice check in the mail a job well done after all.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

From the Clinton News Network

The Department of Defense noted that the military has had to seek similar accommodations in the private residences of previous presidents as well, including in Chicago during Barack Obama's tenure.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

the Defense Department is looking to rent some space in Trump Tower for the “personnel and equipment who will support POTUS at this residence in the building.”

What the Pentagon isn't big enough, don't have a phone number?

Let us see how serious Trump is about down grading the militaristic posture of America.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

How many times has a government rented space from its Presidents businesses, to conduct his security operations from?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: matafuchs

How many times has a government rented space from its Presidents businesses, to conduct his security operations from?

To be honest.

I would prefer that a president would get kick back that way, then by creating lobbyist friendly regulations that cost us tax payers billions and dilutes us of our rights, than after charging millions of dollars for a private speech as a form of kick back.

However,

From the Clinton News Network

The Department of Defense noted that the military has had to seek similar accommodations in the private residences of previous presidents as well, including in Chicago during Barack Obama's tenure.

edit on 07228America/ChicagoWed, 08 Feb 2017 10:07:37 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Lets make that bigger!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So you are saying that they paid rent to be there?

I would like to see confirmation of the DoDs payments to the Obama family, indicating that. Because seeking accommodations in someones residence does not automatically imply that rent was paid by the DoD, to the Obama's for the use of the space.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So you are saying that they paid rent to be there?

No I'm not saying it , according to CNN the The Department of Defense is saying it.

I would like to see confirmation of the DoDs payments to the Obama family, indicating that. Because seeking accommodations in someones residence does not automatically imply that rent was paid by the DoD, to the Obama's for the use of the space.

Ask the Department of Defense .

However I'm assuming that Obama may have stayed in Hotels during his tenure , also its likely that DOD also rented houses or took other special measures around his residence in Chicago.

edit on 20228America/ChicagoWed, 08 Feb 2017 10:20:32 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No, the DoD is saying that it had to seek accommodation. It is not saying that for the period of its presence in the Obama household or property, that they paid rent. They are specifically different matters entirely.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Dirty?

He will more than likely comp the rent. He is that kin of guy.

link   

Are you saying they should stay at another location? When they could be at Trump Tower where everyone else is?

How illogical do you want them to be?

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

And the fact that we are already paying way over 1 million a day for tRump's Family security. Everything tRump is a bad idea. some knew this beforehand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join