It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The importance of voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ok, so Politics is going a little crazy lately, and people are starting to show their true colours, which as i am sure many of you will agree is concerning. Here in the UK, as i am sure you are all aware we recently voted on BREXIT, and in turn our elected leaders and politicians needed to vote on the activation of ARTICLE 50.

Now, our home secretary, Diane Abbott, refused to take part in this, claiming that she was suffering from a migraine, when at the same time, MP's, some of whom are hospitalised and suffering from terminal illness still made the effort to vote.

I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their views, however, we are fed up, of individuals taking positions of power with the sole intention of fulfilling their own needs and ultimately to the detriment of those around them.

A number of petitions have been rejected which have called for Diane Abbott to be sacked, citing that personal beliefs are not addressed in parliament. So, to that end, i have written my own petition, which focuses on the importance of voting and how this is of great importance, particular for those who claim to represent the people.

Anyway, I know there is a lot of petitions floating about, but this one I have created, if you feel that it is something you agree with if you could please sign and share that would be great. You would need to complete the form, and would be sent a link from the government which you sign confirming that you signed the petition and not someone else. If not, no worries : )

Thank you for your time,

PETITION INFO:
I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
petition.parliament.uk...

MY PETITION:

Address the importance of an MP's vote on serious matters

Diane Abbott declined to vote on article 50 because of a minor ailment. Lest we forget, that generations gave up their tomorrow for our today, we the British people feel that those who claim to represent us, should acknowledge this. To vote is an honour, to do otherwise is unpatriotic and selfless.

There should be consequences for behaving in a way which is, or may be perceived to be, in the interest of oneself and not the greater good.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Now, our home secretary, Diane Abbott,

Only she is not the Home Secretary......

She is the Shadow Home Sectary.

Massive difference that changes the whole meaning of your OP and petition

edit on 8-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

join