It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coretta Scott King's Letter to Strom Thurmond

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: reldra

You show a letter in the OP where Coretta Scott King pointed at Sessions and said.... "He is a racist".

Do you have anything from the case that shows this is true?

In 1986, a bipartisan majority of the Senate Judiciary Committee rejected his nomination to a federal judgeship in the midst of charges of racial bias. For example, Sessions had criticized civil rights groups as “un-American” and “Communist-inspired” and accused them of trying to “force civil rights down the throats of people.” He also dubbed a white civil rights attorney a “disgrace to his race,” according to a witness, and reportedly called a black lawyer in his office “boy.” In his confirmation hearing, he admitted to referring to the Voting Rights Act as “a piece of intrusive legislation,” and he later opposed efforts to update the landmark law.

Two Peas in a Racist pod

You may not like the source, but this can be found from all over the internet.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: butcherguy

You show a letter in the OP where Coretta Scott King pointed at Sessions and said.... "He is a racist".

Do you have anything from the case that shows this is true?

In 1986, a bipartisan majority of the Senate Judiciary Committee rejected his nomination to a federal judgeship in the midst of charges of racial bias. For example, Sessions had criticized civil rights groups as “un-American” and “Communist-inspired” and accused them of trying to “force civil rights down the throats of people.” He also dubbed a white civil rights attorney a “disgrace to his race,” according to a witness, and reportedly called a black lawyer in his office “boy.” In his confirmation hearing, he admitted to referring to the Voting Rights Act as “a piece of intrusive legislation,” and he later opposed efforts to update the landmark law.

Two Peas in a Racist pod

You may not like the source, but this can be found from all over the internet.

Not from the case, but you tried, I am sure.

Now, this evidence is not enough to earn a kiss from Hillary, but when does a Republican get a pass like a certain Democrat Senator and Grand Kleegle as in the case of Robert Byrd?
Is he the other pea... in real life?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

I find it ironic that Mrs. King wrote the letter to Strom Thurmond. He was a known racist, who at one time wanted separation of the races. I don't see why she thought he would help.

Because he was the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

You could have looked up why.

Wow for such a racist Strom sure did alot for our SC african americans. WHy i know of 3 personally who strom wrote letters to get on Disability. Strom didnt think the different ethnicities could get along at that time is why he argued against the desegregation.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, was needed to be shared. Replies in the main thread about Warren reading this and elsewhere claim that it was lies on Kings part and more. Anyone have sources of that, preferring not biased ones against the letter(which is all i have seen so far)? As I figure in this thread people actually read this/know more about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join