It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth
Hmm, I don't recall hearing about that one, will see if I can dig anything up, sounds like an interesting topic I may have missed.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There was a time when the norm was to refer to the person that held that office as "The President".
If we unofficially enforced that on ATS, then we would not only be classier than the MSM, but it could set an example of respect they have long forgotten, irregardless of liking what he says or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
There was a time when the norm was to refer to the person that held that office as "The President".

There was also a time, maybe somewhere in the 1800's, where the person in that office acted Presidential.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yes. I remember President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton et al ALL being consistently referred to in a respectful manner. Especially here on ATS.

edit on 9-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: charlyv

There was also a time, maybe somewhere in the 1800's, where the person in that office acted Presidential.

True enough, however it puts more power in the individual if the President senses that and perhaps starts to react with respect as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A week or so ago I came to ata on mobile but was not logged in. The top 20 threads were all political arguements and of course insulting in nature .

Sad to see this happening here .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Add Blair to the list and you have a collection of the worst warcriminals in recent years. What did you expect, fcking confetti?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I think the title of the book may have actually been "Above top-secret," not certain... Anyway, that seems to have been about the time things started to change... I could just be projecting, it might have been a bit after that, but it seems like it was within close enough proximity to the book that featured posts from here.
edit on 9-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Good luck. Identity politics has now become vogue/popular/all the rage.

Even the NFL and other pro sports are taking a hit these days. Politics is the new national pastime.

And as a website that's run for-profit, ATS has to give the people what they want. If the people want to turn ATS into an alt-right echo chamber, then that's what it'll become. If, at some point in the future things move a different direction ... that will be allowed too.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here's a tip:

BE THE CHANGE.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've only been here for close to a year. I've been on many paranormal and other off-center messageboards over the years, and found more actual content, thought out posts here than anywhere else. We have actual researchers here who do their homework, raise interesting questions and theories, post links and sometimes almost write books. A welcome relief from the usual one-line posts and the TL;DNR folks around the interwebs.

It's natural that the current political climate and news would be widely discussed here, as it is pretty much everywhere. It's big news, and controversial.

But the election, both pre and post, has brought out the worst in some people. Lots of anger, divisiveness and outright hatred. And I see that spill over into unrelated/non-political topics in rudeness. It's not just happening here, but everywhere.

I don't know if it's a matter of riding it out, and it'll go away, or if this is a permanent part of the way things are now. I sure hope not.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more! Can't the politics be discussed on political sites?
They're plenty of them on the www!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Here's a tip:

BE THE CHANGE.

It's not as simple as 'being the change' though. One can make as many alternative threads as they want. It won't matter so long as many others ignore them for the political topics and debates. Sure, we get the occasional interesting thread, but the traffic of political discussions and interests far outweigh, and consequentially damage, the quality and frequency of these alternate topics.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: AboveBoard

Add Blair to the list and you have a collection of the worst warcriminals in recent years. What did you expect, fcking confetti?

And bronze statues...

image search

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
For the past 5 years all "conspiracy" websites have slowly turned into political websites, about gun control, terrorism or hate crimes. There's nowhere to go for UFO/ Alien, Paranormal, Free energy and proper conspiracies anymore

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: ForteanOrgEven the NFL and other pro sports are taking a hit these days. Politics is the new national pastime.

People showing interest in politics isn't a bad thing, methinks. The people should frequently check if their chosen representatives and leaders still act in their mutual (not always personal!) interest. But what is disturbing is that this has resulted in a primitive form of tribalism, in which tribes fight each other because the other is not part of their tribe. The proper way would IMO be to discuss individual situations, then find sufficient common ground.

I think that it should be like a game of rugby: intense, but fair, and if you've lost, you CONGRATULATE the winner and enjoy your mutual victory: that a fine game was played and the outcome was as it should be. And even if you're not the winner, you have served an essential purpose: to establish one.

To maintain democracy this is essential: that we respect our opposition, that our opposition respects us and that nobody breaks manners and decorum. I always thought that was self-explanatory - but it seems that we need to start explaining it again, to ourselves, here at ATS, and to our politicians.

And as a website that's run for-profit, ATS has to give the people what they want. If the people want to turn ATS into an alt-right echo chamber, then that's what it'll become. If, at some point in the future things move a different direction ... that will be allowed too.

I started this thread exactly to oppose the idea that "the people" (that's the ATS crowd in this particular case) believe that ATS should be "an alt-right echo chamber", as you say it is. And given the (for me quite unexpected, but pleasing) fact that it showed up on top of the front page for a few days and got flagged a lot seems to prove that at least a significant part of ATS does NOT agree that every single post on the front page should be about the American president, and mostly written in an agitated way.
edit on 10-2-2017 by ForteanOrg because: he felt he needed to add something still and also wanted to removed typos

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Congratulations on making it to the top list...

It shows how much the majority of ATS members are thinking right now.

It would be lovely and respectful to hear what the site owners have to say?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Can we have ATS back, please? The ATS that had inspiring, respectful discussions, in which nobody felt the need to raise himself by killing another and step on his corpse? The one bubbling with theories, the one that often had fortean news before any other source had? The one that had threads about UFO's, ghosts, leprechauns, levitations and remote viewing on the front page, instead of item after item about American politics? And, may I add: I've never seen such disrespect for manners and decorum before in my life as here, on ATS, lately.

Sadly enough I think

The old ATS is gone forever. ATS has to follow the mainstream because of money reasons.
People have changed society has changed and ATS has with 300000 members just become part of the (liberal) mainstream . Most new threads are about politics. UFO/Paranormal and such threads get shot down by shills and trolls and arent that inspiring anymore. Found this site sott.net give it a try.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

ATS is long gone. I left a long time ago, about 4 years ago. Came back a few days ago to ask about a lineage question and was assaulted with a diatribe on why I was stupid for looking into my lineage. Remember the good ole days cause ATS has remained a rank place since I left. Probably won't be returning any time soon. I'm just glad others recognized the rankle way ATS has turned.

THX,
Bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join