It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

What to say...Your complaint is real..but I have no solutions..

The political climate has bled into conspiracy theory at an increasing rate the past decade.

Our President at present has infamously invoked conspiracies himself, albeit arguable for political convenience.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be a more defined user interface that separates political debate/discussion from the rest. A "quarantine " of sorts where people can immediately navigate to "political" or all other from the homepage, with the non political being a clean homepage of non-political topics.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
finnaly!!!!!! this is what i want, forteanism always will rule politics is for the demented public sheep who cares about trump if you have an misterious race of humanoids visiting earth?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well, politics is certainly conspiratorial, but let's be frank, that's not what's being discussed in the political forum. It's all divisionary, partisan bull# from both sides of the spectrum.
edit on 9-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

Um. I know several of the mods a bit from having been here awhile, and they are distinctly NOT "left leaning" except for maybe a couple of them? Most of them are more to the right.

This is hardly a left-leaning site and the left-leaners are outnumbered by the right-leaners.

Seriously. The site is what it is. It is not rabidly one way or the other but predominantly right leaning.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
I'm sure this thread exists because of people like you...

Does it now? Maybe you can show me all the political threads I started over the past year.

This should be fun.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oh is this another augustus masonicus bad criticism post?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

That is me pointing out the obvious, if you don't want political threads, make a non-political thread. I know writing can be like all complicated and stuff and make people's brains hurt, but try it, then you don't have to read a political thread or write a thread about how much you hate political threads and in actuality contribute to the problem.

edit on 9-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I love cheese pizza

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Quite a few judging by what I see on your profile... Well, you said "past year," didn't you?... Heh. Not many... I stand corrected

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I've done one political thread in the past year and it was more of a fun, satirical theme if you read it, versus nine non-political ones.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let's see, some of the top conspiracy-related topics n the world all have political elements to them:

JFK assassination
9/11
Central Banks
Secret space program/breakaway civilization

What seems to me to have happened is that more emphasis is being placed on the players (Trump, Clinton, et al) rather than that which is being played (the above-referenced conspiracies) and the focus is somewhat lost.

What I always saw ATS as was the place to come to see people peeking under the skirts of those in power and seeing why they did or said the things they did rather than paying attention to the flashes and booms of the wizard.

From my "My ATS" page, these are the non-political threads to which I am subscribed:

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

Where is the Part 1 thread, please?

Radiation at Fukushima nuclear plant at unimaginable levels

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

Quake Watch 2017

How will you handle friends that did not prepare?

List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

Now, I do have a number of political-flavored threads on my list and several more that I have removed due to my own loss of interest in said threads, so I am certainly a part of discussing politics as well but those threads are not my only areas of interest.

As other have mentioned, if you want to see non-political threads, go out and find those topics and bring them here for further discussion amongst those who do take the time to look closely at what has been brought for consideration. Yes, there will be the under-bridge dwellers doing what they do, and I know how hard it is to ignore those just looking to get a rise out of someone, but really...if you want to see a change you have to be the change.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I've done one political thread in the past year and it was more of a fun, satirical theme if you read it, versus nine non-political ones.

More to the point, folks should not be defending posting political threads...

I agree it has taken a partisan and sometimes vitriolic slant in recent years/months, but ATS IS USER GENERATED.

A way to sort political from other "Fortean" or other threads?...Sure...healthy..

Deriding people for discussing/debating politics...not healthy...free market of ideas and topics IMO.

Give people better tools to choose, but don't be choosing for them.

Just my 2 cents..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I agree, if people want to discuss politics until their fingers bleed from typing that is their prerogative. I personally like reading about other topics so I participate in those or make a thread that I like.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Little do you know but we are living and experiencing one of the biggest conspiracies of all time.

You just gotta be able to read between the lines.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I agree, if people want to discuss politics until their fingers bleed from typing that is their prerogative. I personally like reading about other topics so I participate in those or make a thread that I like.

Yeah but...almost any topic, about anything will evolve in a political pissing match with threats, namecalling, insults on your ancestry, vilification of your IQ, terrible contempt of you avatar, derision of you marital situation or lack there of and just plain rudeness. There's also a negative side!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Yeah but...almost any topic, about anything will evolve in a political pissing match with threats, namecalling, insults on your ancestry, vilification of your IQ, terrible contempt of you avatar, derision of you marital situation or lack there of and just plain rudeness. There's also a negative side!

I've seen it happen but you have to report that s***. Only way to curtail it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Have you ever spent time on a thread about mars rocks that look like (statues, spare parts, bones, candy bar wrappers ad infinium)?

People get pretty emotional there as well...

Just saying..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
More of a lurker than a poster, but I used to enjoy coming here and reading the threads and banter. All I have seen for the last 12 months is constant political threads on the top threads page. Thats the page that keeps me coming back, I rarely look at individual forums.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I agree with you, and you have a valid point, but why give yourself a label? A Fortean? # off and make your case.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Risco
Thats the page that keeps me coming back, I rarely look at individual forums.

Not sure if I follow, so because you are not using the full features of the site the site needs to change?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ATS benefits more from the traffic regarding US politics. Sadly, because of this, it has become a political news site, with some conspiracy sprinkled here and there. I don't think ATS will go back to the way it was.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join