It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China urges Japan to explain its Fukushima plan amid reports of lethal levels of radiation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

"[The Chinese side] has been asking the Japanese government to properly handle the accident and follow up on matters in a timely fashion," Lu said, adding that "any responsible government should pay continuous and high attention to the impact of the nuclear leakage on the marine environment, food safety and people's health."

Lu added that this is the Japanese government's obligation to not only the Japanese people, but also to people from the rest of the world, its neighbors included.

China urges Japan to explain its Fukushima plan amid reports of lethal levels of radiation

There was a time not too long ago when the words quoted above were controversial. I was told I was ignorant or a fearmonger by more than one poster on this forum for stating the position. I hope that's not the case anymore.

Concerning Japan's plan for Fukushima, it seems to be to pray for a miracle.

“We have to preserve that earning power,” said Mr Hirose in an interview. “Victory for us means having the money to meet our responsibilities in Fukushima. If we can’t, that’s failure.”

Decommissioning is expected to take 40 years but Mr Hirose conceded there was no certainty and a full clean-up could take longer than that.

“Cost is one factor, but also the radiation dose for workers, accident risk and the pace of robotics development,” said Mr Hirose.

Given the degree of radioactivity, robotics or remote control may be the only way to work on the reactors, but the necessary technology does not yet exist.

Chief optimistic Tepco earnings can cover Fukushima plant clean-up

The emboldened part above is unbelievable to me. It's hard to even come up with a fitting analogy to describe how bizarre it is.

Let's say that there was a complete financial collapse, and money no longer existed. Then someone says...

"I hope to become a millionaire in the coming years. Money doesn't exist anymore, so that will need to be reinvented. Following that, I hope to come up with a plan to become wealthy although I have none now. I expect all of that to happen within 10 years."
edit on 7-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I can imagine the response from Japan. Those two "neighbors" really love each other.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

GODZILLA!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think a lot of countries should be asking Japan to explain the plan, if there is one.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There is no known solution to Fukushima.

All of the Governments know this as a fact.

I can only guess that China wants the world to admit it.

This demonstrates clearly the stupidity behind the ongoin Nuclear Industry.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'm with China here... I was skeptical of the reports back when it happened, and I'm sure we only received a small % of the actual facts.. This is likely way worse than we could ever possibly imagine. If Japan can't be trusted to fix/correct this huge global blunder, then able governments should step in for the sake of humanity.. I know the Japanese are very proud people, by culture, but time to put your damn ego aside...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The plan is in operable because the rads in the melted cores are so high nobody can approach them. Even robotic probes and cameras fry when exposed to such hi levels of gamma radiation.

The 'new' news is they did get a closer look at the bottom of the reactor pressure vessel in NO.2 reactor building, cofirmming a "meter wide hole" in the bottom of that which means that fuel melted thru that and is somewhere in the bottom of the cement containment structure below the reactor pressure vessel.

Yah, its called a 'melt-down'.

Down played as much as possible.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

German robotics combined with Korean electronics using a Windows 10 operating system with instructions poorly translated from Chinese to English and Indian tech support.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I'm with China here... I was skeptical of the reports back when it happened, and I'm sure we only received a small % of the actual facts.. This is likely way worse than we could ever possibly imagine. If Japan can't be trusted to fix/correct this huge global blunder, then able governments should step in for the sake of humanity.. I know the Japanese are very proud people, by culture, but time to put your damn ego aside...

I was paying attention to Arnie Gunderson the entire time. I knew it was melt down.

Did you guys see the french model of radiation?

it was taken down really quickly but I had a link to it for a day. not sure how long it stayed up or if anyone saved it.

Cesium was over the US in high amounts not long after. based on vague memory it was over the US like the 17th of March, so about a week later.

Now as far as China speaking up about this I can only believe they are trying to make Japan look bad (which is fair) so that the South China sea stuff is sort of glossed over better. It's really dangerous how China is acting. Not as dangerous as fukushima of course but what exactly are they supposed to do? No one knows what to do.

No one knows what to do.
Kind of #ed ourselves on that one.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
There is no known solution to Fukushima.

All of the Governments know this as a fact.

I can only guess that China wants the world to admit it.

This demonstrates clearly the stupidity behind the ongoin Nuclear Industry.

P

there goes the end of my week.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ah, the politics of Sino-Japanese relations.

Japan is best placed and now expert in attempting to resolve the Fukushima disaster. It is a disaster, but I would rather it was Japan trying to solve it.

China needs to look to themselves when talking about food safety and the environment. China is the land of plastic rice, pollutants in baby food and perpetual environment pollution and damage. China is the land of dead rivers and cancer towns.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Japanese government bullshi$ed to the world when they said they had everything under control. Look at it now!

F- that. When government too proud to admit they need help and marine and people's health is secondary.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I wonder if it ever could of been fixed. I also wonder how many people have died trying to fix it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Cesium was over the US in high amounts not long after.

Define "high amounts."
Is it the equivalent of "detectable?"
edit on 2/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I remember you downplaying this as it occoured...
I recall showing you radiation monitoring stations all showing elevated levels at that time...
And how you waved that off too...

The fact is many individuals have already had radioctive contamination introduced into their bodys from the initial airborne contamination and not only on the west coast...
Much of it from consumed rain water contaminated crops and milk from cows...

The real problem now is from seafood...
In one study 15 out of 15 bluefin tuna tested positive with high levels of radiation...

The damage done is not immediate but instead takes a rather long time to show effects...
Im not being alarmist nor trying to be a fear monger
But the reality is the damage has been done and is ongoing... And has the potential to continue being a problem for over a thousand years...
Ingesting 1 milionth of a gram is all it takes to develop life threatening health issues that amount is high enough yet not very detectable...
The problem is real the radioactive lottery is ongoing and will most likely effect many generations of our progeny...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Reverbs

Cesium was over the US in high amounts not long after.

Define "high amounts."
Is it the equivalent of "detectable?"

the data was erased phage. But in some places especially after the 17th of March had very high levels.
it was a color scale similar precipitation maps. the color went all the way to the top level especially where I was in North Carolina on a western facing slope of a mountain. And of course it freaking rained..

I don't remember the scale from almost 6 years ago. Unless I find my old posts about it.

the data was there.

and then the cover up.

When the reactor had it's steam explosion there was no containment and there was no water on the core..
We got a nice dose.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
endoftheamericandream.com...
www.zerohedge.com...
www.rt.com...
www.storyleak.com...
thefreethoughtproject.com...
www.newser.com...
enenews.com... nts-plague-west-coast-scientist-felt-like-i-was-doing-not
enenews.com... nts-plague-west-coast-scientist-felt-like-i-was-doing-not
enenews.com... ars-plume-has-spread-throughout-vast-area-from-alas
wakingtimesmedia.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I could continue but in the great words of one in particular "what difference does it make" or better yet some want to believe "there is nothing to see here". The world should have been on this mess with offers of technology ... But evidently the world and Japan have no answers on a speedy fix.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The idea that the technology for robots that can withstand the high radiation isn't available seems to be a case of tunnel vision. The electronics fry in that environment, but what about some thing that is strictly mechanical? Like a big spring wound flywheel driven toy-like robot with cables to control it? Perhaps some kind of mechanical optics to see what is going on? Maybe they need to go back to some really basic ideas from a pre-electronic era and expand on those.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The idea that the technology for robots that can withstand the high radiation isn't available seems to be a case of tunnel vision. The electronics fry in that environment, but what about some thing that is strictly mechanical? Like a big spring wound flywheel driven toy-like robot with cables to control it? Perhaps some kind of mechanical optics to see what is going on? Maybe they need to go back to some really basic ideas from a pre-electronic era and expand on those.

That is actually a great idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

You can't go about things like this in such a fashion...
If 2 rods touch each other it's a whole new scenario...
One which would require evacuation as far away as tokyo...
Radiation levels are on the rise with levels dwarfing original readings baffling experts...
Cameras built to withstand 1000 sievert an hour ceased to function within 2 hours...
Readings are next to impossible to get accurately because of the method used for saftey reasons...
The results due to a margin of error the method allows could put its levels at 670 sievert an hour...
Swimming robots have been attempted which were hoped could collect the rods...
The radiation fried the wiring...
New robots have been designed which will be introduced in march...
There is no technology to deal with this problem and the problem appears to be worsening...
Make no mistake...
This is a true Monster...
A living Nightmare...
From which we cannot awake from...

edit on 8-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join