It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Breaks With Trump: 'I Don't Think CNN Is Fake News'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Donald Trump's ongoing feud with CNN took an interesting turn on Tuesday when senior White House counselor Kellyanne Conway admitted that the network is not "fake news," despite the president's constant attempts to discredit it.

"I don't think CNN is fake news," Conway told Jake Tapper. "I think there are so many reports everywhere — in print, on TV, on radio, in conversation that are not well researched and are sometimes based on falseness."

Kellyanne Conway flips the script: 'I don't think CNN is fake news'

Some Trump supporters believe Kellyanne Conway should be fired over this. I'm looking forward to a reprimand by tweet from Trump. I think it's bound to happen eventually.

I don't recall this kind of disagreement previously happening in presidential administrations. This certainly isn't good for Trump. His detractors just got a lot of ammunition.

The next time Trump tries to decry CNN, his critics will quote Kellyanne Conway's statement. It looks like U.S. politics is continuing its slide downward.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
CNN is fake news. It's been amply demonstrated right here on these boards. Don't make me show the green screen fake vids they aired. They're fake news.

Conway had no business forgiving CNN (they're Fake News and that's that). All Trump's gotta do is make her repent publicly. That ... or let her go. What further purpose does she really serve anyway?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why dont we consider this as a good sign of elected officials getting tired of the pithy relationship with the media. As in, they have better things to worry about other than tabloid scandals.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I have actually been hoping Trump would get rid of her. She is much too defensive in interviews and not well spoken at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
She is becoming an expert with keeping the opposition guessing and stuttering.

This comment was perfect.

Especially while on CNN itself !!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
CNN is fake news. It's been amply demonstrated right here on these boards. Don't make me show the green screen fake vids they aired. They're fake news.

Conway had no business forgiving CNN (they're Fake News and that's that). All Trump's gotta do is make her repent publicly. That ... or let her go. What further purpose does she really serve anyway?

Saving face. Even though its true, that was stupid on Trumps part to say that publicly.

Trumps ego is easily bruised, its his Achilles heel and the main steam press drama core knows it.

He had to apologize (by proxy), otherwise they will never let him live it down.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I have actually been hoping Trump would get rid of her. She is much too defensive in interviews and not well spoken at all.

Yeah, that won't do at all when representing a man as reserved and mature as Trump.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So, what are your thoughts on CNN?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're literally bending over backwards to make this sound like something it isn't. Why in the world would this be a good thing for Trump when someone who is under him is blatantly disagreeing with him on national TV? I think a better alternative theory is that Kellyanne got intimidated and decided not to call them what she really thought to their faces.

The mental gymnastics some people use is almost comical.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Snarl

Saving face.

From a certain (amount of) perspective, that does make sense.

I'm not bright enough to see what the long-term benefit of that is to Trump. They'll always despise him. He's done a good job holding their head under water. They're gasping for a breath ... and he lets Kellyanne (is that really anybody's name anymore?) pull the plug on the tub??

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

See, she's got you fooled too !!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The Donald is placing a mole inside CNN :>) ... CNN has gone past the point of redemption for at least the next 8 years .

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

so many reports everywhere — ... are sometimes based on falseness

so, false news isn`t fake news, ok I think I got it now, likewise reports based on truthfulness aren`t true news.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What's funny is that this is news.

Leftist ideology demands that everyone obeys and is in lockstep with the ideology.

Everyone else simply speaks their own minds.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So her and Trump are doing this on purpose? Now we see why the media played the opposition to Trump throughout his campaign, so that this scenario would play out and unnecessary bull# would start happening to divide us.

Looks like 'they' have YOU fooled, if you've bought into their narrative that is and judging by your posting I would say you have.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

LOL

The MSM really hasn't figured it out yet.

Every time they *think* they know, they get shocked again.

They have been herded into a corral and stuck in an endless loop.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

You're literally bending over backwards to make this sound like something it isn't. Why in the world would this be a good thing for Trump when someone who is under him is blatantly disagreeing with him on national TV? I think a better alternative theory is that Kellyanne got intimidated and decided not to call them what she really thought to their faces.

The mental gymnastics some people use is almost comical.

My take on this wasn't that she was disagreeing with Trump. She was reinforcing it in a lighter tone saying not well researched and based on falsehood which essentially still means fake news.

Edit: it's like Trump calling somebody an a-hole, then she goes "no your not an a-hole, your just a rude person and nobody likes you"
edit on 7-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

They know every single twist and turn actually. They're not as dumb as you think, they're a part of the charade right alongside Trump, feeding off each other to cause as much controversy and division as possible.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yah, Trumps pride will never allow him to apologize in person. He's got to do it though, like we fight wars, by Proxy.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think it is tactical. I think she pushed the alt-facts to their limit and needs to kiss and make up with the media. I'm guessing she has Trump's blessing to do this because she is useless to him if her own credibility is shot.

It takes steam out of the opposition to suddenly agree with them, too. I think she sold Trump on this idea. I see everything she says as being part of a strategy when she's in front of the media.

My opinion only. Unless of course she decided she couldn't look at herself in the mirror anymore.

*shrug*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join