It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law lets husbands sue to stop wives having abortion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

If you say so.

If I want a vas, and the dr want permission, I get it.

I don't want to threaten to sue the Dr. who has the jewels in his hands (legally speaking).

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

and early abortion is actually safer than carrying a baby to term...
so, by all means delay the abortion while lawyers are hired and the courts do their things... so that abortion isn't as safe.
my problem is that a women who runs into a complicated pregnancy could possibly get caught in that legal mess also, and then we would run into those questions I posed...
how much responsibility should the husband be obligated to when that happens.
you can claim that women are selfish for wanting to abort, but there's also some selfish reasons why men would insist she give birth, not the least of which, to make it less likely for the women to leave him. such a man would be less likely to insist such a thing if he knew that he'd be held responsible if the pregnancy went sideways. or are you in in favor of him hauling her back to court after she ignores the doctor order to bed rest for the sake of the kids he left her alone with?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm against it because I don't believe the government should be anywhere near our personal lives or marriage. On the other hand, people need to marry others they can talk to about these things, can trust with these types of things. Don't marry someone that you'd do something so drastic as to sue someone over them wanting to abort your baby

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Where is that little sweet heart of a comment come from?

can claim that women are selfish for wanting to abort

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Don't put guys on the hook for child support and then I'll agree men should not have a say.

Pick one consistent principle and stick with it.

trying to evoke "oh you poor women" feelings are not arguments.

In this situation I have a simple solution, don't get married. Men shouldn't be getting married these days anyways, courts are atrocious when it comes to divorce.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
For the mom, not the baby or the father who has no say.

early abortion is actually safer than carrying a baby to term... so, by all means delay the abortion while lawyers are hired and the courts do their things... so that abortion isn't as safe.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is a far more difficult situation to discuss when you take marital vows and traditional values out of the equation. Now modern relationships want to enjoy a thousand degrees of freedom but still demand traditional anchors when it comes to finance and responsibility. Its just another case of wanting to have it both ways when its convenient. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way. You make a choice and you deal with the consequences, in this case for 18 years.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Or kill "it".

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There is always a risk for everything in life. Every move you make has a risk so do you want to apply the option for manslaughter to it all? I said if medically doctors do not see any reason to deem a pregnancy at risk then no you have no option of calling for manslaughter on the man.

Saying that there is always a risk is simply ridiculous. Arguing like that has no end or reason. You are at risk the moment you step out of bed. In fact you are at risk while you sleep.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JD163

originally posted by: marg6043

My friend, husband have rights within the marriage, but sometime we have husband that are nothing but that, a husband by law, because beside that they serve no other purpose.

If one have such a husband, maybe its time to consider a divorce?

Yes it is. From abusive relationships to feeling they have no other choice financially. Domestic violence centers can help them break away.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I like the decision. Fetus' shouldnt be able to go from women's property to joint property/responsibility once it exits her body.
If the man has no say, then he shouldn't have to pay child's support.

Exactly this. Choose. Either the man has a say and so has to pay child support, or he has no say, and does not have to pay.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I'm against it because I don't believe the government should be anywhere near our personal lives or marriage. On the other hand, people need to marry others they can talk to about these things, can trust with these types of things. Don't marry someone that you'd do something so drastic as to sue someone over them wanting to abort your baby

When people are too stupid to use protection rather than murdering a developing child then it has become time for the government intervene.
It makes no sense why two people would choose murder over prevention. Its almost as if people enjoy killing things unable to defend themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join